October 09, 2023
2488 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2689 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Robinson Crusoe

More
19 Aug 2013 18:31 #158924 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: Robinson Crusoe
Ugh, yeah, and then you have to KEEP building the bell to keep dispelling fog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2013 18:44 #158929 by mikecl
Replied by mikecl on topic Re: Robinson Crusoe
If it's too hard while you're learning....use the dog. That's what he's there for. I did until I learned to live without him. Like any game, it's more fun when you win and even with the dog it's still not easy. Besides he's a pretty cool looking mutt.

More
19 Aug 2013 23:19 #158962 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Re: Robinson Crusoe
BTW, is anyone still having trouble finding this? One of my local FLGSs has three copies...

More
30 Aug 2013 17:45 #159926 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Re: Robinson Crusoe
When spending the night outside camp, do you take a wound for food? In other words is the food considered to be at camp or just available whereever?

More
30 Aug 2013 17:48 #159927 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic Re: Robinson Crusoe
Mikecl can correct me if he needs to, but I think that when you spend the night out of camp all of the resources you gathered that turn stay with you for the night. So if you gathered wood and food, great. You use those. Otherwise, you're SOL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
30 Aug 2013 17:54 #159931 by mikecl
You have to be able to consume one food per person. It doesn't matter where you are. You have to have it in your available stuff and then discard (eat) it at the end of the night.

You will also take a wound for lack of shelter if you haven't built shelter. I'm not sure what spending an night outside camp means. Once you've built your shelter you're good to go no matter where your pawns are.

Bear in mind that you cannot "gather" food in the same space as your shelter. You can only "produce" food there. You're usually always short one food which you have to gather unless you build a snare or hunt. Bear in mind that hunting will likely give you excess food but it will spoil at the end of the nite unless it's specifically non spoilable or you find barrels to store it in. Hunting for food is dangerous and until you can store the food only gives you one night's supply no matter how much food you have.

However if you have the cook or the Pot you can convert excess food into healing.

More
30 Aug 2013 18:02 #159933 by ZMan
Replied by ZMan on topic Re: Robinson Crusoe
Actually if you spend a night outside of camp you still take a wound as you are not benefiting from the shelter (if one was built).

More
30 Aug 2013 18:29 - 30 Aug 2013 18:30 #159935 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Re: Robinson Crusoe

ZMan wrote: Actually if you spend a night outside of camp you still take a wound as you are not benefiting from the shelter (if one was built).

Yeah I knew about the shelter wound although read if the tile you're on has natural shelter you don't take that wound.

We must have played it wrong. We put gathered resources (and other stuff) into future available then into available resources as one big pile. Should we be splitting food or anything else to specific players or is that outside of camp a special case where that players future resourced food only becomes available to them?
Last edit: 30 Aug 2013 18:30 by ChristopherMD.

More
30 Aug 2013 19:46 - 30 Aug 2013 19:46 #159948 by mikecl

ZMan wrote: Actually if you spend a night outside of camp you still take a wound as you are not benefiting from the shelter (if one was built).

Well if you've built the shelter (and are not relying on the one printed on the tile), you're never outside camp. You may want to move the shelter so you can explore more effectively but your camp is wherever your shelter is.

It's been awhile since I last played but my recollection is once you've built the shelter you stop taking shelter wounds...although you can still take weather wounds from an inadequate roof, pallisade etc...
Last edit: 30 Aug 2013 19:46 by mikecl.

More
30 Aug 2013 19:49 - 30 Aug 2013 19:51 #159949 by mikecl

Mad Dog wrote: We must have played it wrong. We put gathered resources (and other stuff) into future available then into available resources as one big pile. Should we be splitting food or anything else to specific players or is that outside of camp a special case where that players future resourced food only becomes available to them?

Nope. You put what you gathered into future resources. Once all your actions are complete you put all that stuff into available resources. Now you can consume them. You need one food per person ie: if you have three players you need to eat (discard) three food. If you can't the player who couldn't (the group decides) takes I think two wounds).

Keeping yourself fed is one of THE major challenges in the game which is why you have a Cook and a Pot and the Carpenter can build a Snare. I would only allocate one pawn not two to gathering food because it's one of the safer actions in the game.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2013 19:51 by mikecl.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds