October 09, 2023
2492 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2695 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
27 Jan 2014 08:50 #170702 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!

Dr. Mabuse wrote: Jason, does Fride need to roll as well or is she further behind Ligri and Jorda?

No, Fride doesn't need to roll for anything yet. Gary decided to push Jorda's narrative a little and I'm just rolling with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2014 08:54 - 27 Jan 2014 08:56 #170703 by Jason Lutes
Brother Thunke and Steini
Suddenly, the source of light rounds the far corner. It's not a torch—it's an entire figure, blazing with fire! At first you think some sort of self-immolation has occurred, but then you see the figure is skeletal, an attenuated silhouette wreathed in unholy fire. A flaming skeleton!

The ancient stone walls of the passage are bathed in orange light as it strides right toward you.

Clack clack clack CLACK

What do you do?
Last edit: 27 Jan 2014 08:56 by Jason Lutes.

More
27 Jan 2014 09:02 - 27 Jan 2014 09:03 #170705 by Jason Lutes
Ligri
You slip on the slick rock, and the fall to the ground knocks the wind out of you. You lie in the cold and wet, trying to catch your breath, staring off into the infinite fog.

"Come on, boy, you can do it," says your father's reassuring voice. He's somewhere up ahead. "Come on Ligri, you're tougher than that."

You shakily get back on your feet and push on into the mist, slipping and catching yourself, willing your muscles onward. After an unknowable amount of time passes, you see a vague figure above you in the mist.

"Come on, boy! Catch up! I don't have all day!"

Behind you, faintly, you hear another voice.

"Ligri! Where are you, fool child?"

What do you do?
Last edit: 27 Jan 2014 09:03 by Jason Lutes.

More
27 Jan 2014 13:54 #170729 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Thorgana

After seeing Steini lay the trap and hear the clacking, I look around for a large rock (or other object) to arm myself and then follow Steini down the passage.

More
27 Jan 2014 13:57 #170730 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Gunnva

Realizing that standing about is bringing me no closer to fresh fish, I decide to follow Gera

More
28 Jan 2014 13:15 #170822 by Da Bid Dabid
I'm still a bit unsure when I should just make rolls or wait until Jason tells me. Sorry for the RPG rookieness of it all. Let me know if there's anyway I can improve how my characters take their actions.

Gera
Puzzled by the lone weapon I figure that something has gone wrong with my companions, I rush over and grab the axe. Both frightened and exhilarated at the possibility of real danger I hold it tightly and holler, "Hold on you two!" Questioning my ability to use the weapon with any proficiency I consider giving it to Gunnva who has followed me, I quickly purge that thought from my head. I search the ground and the near brush for any sign or clues where they may have gone.

Steini
Like all the others I had heard the stories of dead men's bones rising up, but to see it with my own eyes was still quite shocking. I shake the disbelief and realize my knife may not do anything to this abomination if it was to attack. I stay crouched and ready to act to defend Thunke, I'm hoping that he can lure the monster into the trap and back where we can rely on assistance from the others. I will jump out and attempt to trip or shoulder charge the monster off Thunke or into my set trap if the opportunity presents itself.

More
28 Jan 2014 13:29 - 28 Jan 2014 13:29 #170823 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Jorda

Finally! I have found her! I shout to my grandmother in joy and attempt to rush to her side, running after her if she attempts to get away. The circumstances are so unlikely that I will examine her closely as I draw near, seeking to find out if anything is amiss.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2014 13:29 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
28 Jan 2014 17:07 #170867 by DukeofChutney
Brother Thunke

I call forth the spirit of Fodar against the unnatural form before us "Fodar dissolve this being of unnatural works, blow the fire from those bones and bless my staff to strike it down."

Remembering the trap i step away from the wall and point my stick like a tipless spear toward the menace!

Ligri
"Father, Father, i'm coming, i will be there soon father." I climb forth, struggling against the cold and the pain.

More
29 Jan 2014 16:27 #170943 by Jason Lutes
Jorda
A faint call along the mountainside to your right distracts you for a moment, but you are riveted on the figure before you. You move closer, nearly overcome with excitement, but suddenly wary as to your grandmother's condition and the fact that she is out here, alone, on the side of Hvitr's Horn.

She struggles to move away from your across the lichen-covered rocks. You notice that her feet are bare and nearly blue from the cold. You touch her shoulder and she spins to face you, terror in her watery eyes.

Roll +WIS to discern realities:

10+: Ask 3 questions from the list below.
7-9: Ask 1 question from the list below.
6-: Mark XP, and the GM makes a move.

* What happened here recently?
* What is about to happen?
* What should I be on the lookout for?
* What here is useful or valuable to me?
* Who’s really in control here?
* What here is not what it appears to be?

Ligri
You climb on with renewed energy, eager to embrace your father. He was gone, and now he is back! Everything will be all right now!

The cold mist completely envelops you and you push on, feeling your way along the ground in the direction your father went.

Fride
Having left Yamir at the base of the slope, you struggle onward up the mountainside. Ligri's father—wherever he is—will not forgive you if anything happens to that boy.

"Ligri! Where are you, fool child?"

A breeze sweeps away the mist for a moment, giving you a clear view up the rocky mountainside. There, about a hundred yards ahead, a figure disappears into the clouds.

You pause, gasping for breath, and feeling a little dizzy.

What do you do?

Gera
You scrutinize the scattered stones and brush at the edge of the Forsaken Fell.

Roll +WIS to discern realities:

10+: Ask 3 questions from the list below.
7-9: Ask 1 question from the list below.
6-: Mark XP, and the GM makes a move.

* What happened here recently?
* What is about to happen?
* What should I be on the lookout for?
* What here is useful or valuable to me?
* Who’s really in control here?
* What here is not what it appears to be?

Brother Thunke
The blazing abomination marches toward you, its arms reaching out. You brace yourself with your staff aimed at its ribcage.

Roll +WIS to defy danger. I'm ruling that it's an act of will to maintain your position in front of this creature.

Just checking to make sure you know -- Steini's trap is behind you, at the mouth of the passage where it empties back into the room containing Steini, Valga, Thorgana, and Hafle.

More
29 Jan 2014 17:49 #170955 by DukeofChutney
Brother Thunke

rolls 8 -1 = 7 to stand.

I stand fingering my holy symbol of fodar, and staff chanting his rites.

(Thunke has completely forgotten about the trap, he is very much in this moment).

Ligiri

Keep going, keeping going, so close now.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds