October 09, 2023
2444 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Where are your games? Displayed?

More
08 Apr 2014 17:38 #175435 by ubarose
Well, this thread is apropos. Today all our stuff that has been in storage since Nov 2012 was delivered to the house. The only room that survived the fire intact was the rec room. The rec room, like other people's semi finished basements, is the room where stuff that we are attached to, but have outgrown goes to linger and be forgotten. Unpacking today has been a series of "holy shit, why do we own this crap" moments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2014 17:55 #175437 by SuperflyPete
I'm in the same boat, but opposite.

We're moving to Phoenix sooner rather than later, and because my wife is an "organized hoarder" (read: everything is in neat little piles but should never have been saved) we have spent a week going through items such as...
- Convenience store receipts from 7 years ago
- Directions to toys that our children haven't owned in years, and worse, toys that never REALLY needed instructions to begin with (read: insert batteries, turn to ON to play)
- Victoria's Secret catalogs that might as well be carved on stone tablets as old as they are
- Every single picture or homework bit either of my kids (read: 12, 5) have ever produced
- Maternity clothes and "big girl" (read: her words, not mine...it's not my job to call my wife fat, it's my job to call her amazing) clothes from the "I'm going to drink daily, starting at noon" years (read: Size 8,6, and 4) as well as a huge box of purses that she didn't know she had, as well as "professional suits and skirts" that she will never, ever, ever need again since they DON'T FUCKING FIT and are from 1996-99.

So, we're going through the GREAT PURGE OF 2014 because I refuse to move refuse. (<--see what I did there?)

More
08 Apr 2014 18:06 #175440 by Space Ghost

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Space Ghost wrote: I'm curious where one obtains an inflatable sarcophagus. I tried google but didn't see anything resembling what I envision you having.

At Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I reckon.

Nice, Pete

More
08 Apr 2014 18:07 #175441 by Mr. White
I will add that i do like the look of a hand made, wooden crokinole board hanging on the wall. I think fewer than %5 of the folks that would come into my house would think it was anything more than some hand crafted art we picked up on some travel.

Not sure where I'd put it, and I don't feel _that_ strongly about it, so probably won't happen. Kind of neat though.

More
08 Apr 2014 22:32 - 08 Apr 2014 22:47 #175447 by Shellhead

Space Ghost wrote: I'm curious where one obtains an inflatable sarcophagus. I tried google but didn't see anything resembling what I envision you having.

I bought mine at a Minneapolis bookstore called Dreamhaven, about 20 years ago. Miraculously, it has survived all these years with only one tiny puncture wound, in the base. It cost about $25. When I did a Google image search just now, I saw a partial picture of one early on, from Ebay. Somebody recently sold their inflatable sarcophagus for $11.50. I can't find my old box of photos, and the lighting isn't ideal in my living room at this time of night, so here is the Ebay pic, plus one other that I found online as "inflatable mummy":

thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/m/m8Ma60JRx2rgEL3G4eNIwTA/96.jpg

robertfishbone.com/wp-content/uploads/20...Scream-and-Mummy.jpg

My sarcophagus stands nearly five feet tall.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2014 22:47 by Shellhead.

More
09 Apr 2014 12:07 #175480 by Schweig!
I'm going to buy one of these ridiculously expensive throwback Bo Jackson jerseys, because that guy is awesome/inspirational and I need some airy clothing for cycling to work anyway. I also don't expect anyone here to recognise that, so I hope showcasing my interests around so obtrusively is okay with you guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bull Nakano

More
09 Apr 2014 12:11 #175481 by Schweig!

SuperflyTNT wrote: I'm in the same boat, but opposite.

We're moving to Phoenix sooner rather than later, and because my wife is an "organized hoarder" (read: everything is in neat little piles but should never have been saved) we have spent a week going through items such as...
- Convenience store receipts from 7 years ago
- Directions to toys that our children haven't owned in years, and worse, toys that never REALLY needed instructions to begin with (read: insert batteries, turn to ON to play)
- Victoria's Secret catalogs that might as well be carved on stone tablets as old as they are
- Every single picture or homework bit either of my kids (read: 12, 5) have ever produced
- Maternity clothes and "big girl" (read: her words, not mine...it's not my job to call my wife fat, it's my job to call her amazing) clothes from the "I'm going to drink daily, starting at noon" years (read: Size 8,6, and 4) as well as a huge box of purses that she didn't know she had, as well as "professional suits and skirts" that she will never, ever, ever need again since they DON'T FUCKING FIT and are from 1996-99.

So, we're going through the GREAT PURGE OF 2014 because I refuse to move refuse. (<--see what I did there?)

Sure, sure, just keep pretending those Victoria Secret catalogues were hers...

More
09 Apr 2014 14:17 #175493 by Space Ghost

Schweig! wrote: I'm going to buy one of these ridiculously expensive throwback Bo Jackson jerseys, because that guy is awesome/inspirational and I need some airy clothing for cycling to work anyway. I also don't expect anyone here to recognise that, so I hope showcasing my interests around so obtrusively is okay with you guys.

Weirdly, Bo Jackson was my favorite baseball player. I don't have his jersey, but I do have about 100 different baseball/football cards -- the only cards I really care to keep anymore.

More
09 Apr 2014 21:08 #175523 by MacDirk Diggler
Inflatable sarcophagus- Haha. Sounds like something you get an "adult" toy store. If you check on Amazon I'm sure it says users that bought this also purchased Triple Ripple Buttplug and Ballgag. Didn't the gimp come out of one of those in Pulp Fiction?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds