October 09, 2023
2498 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2699 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Rab's top ten games

More
09 Jul 2014 17:16 #181921 by Applejack
Replied by Applejack on topic Re: Rab's top ten games
Can I just say that Rab makes for a half-decent looking woman? Do something about the beard shadow (foundation!), and I don't know, I might look at you twice, just to check it out. How's the booty? I like 'em big and round and juicy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2014 17:20 - 09 Jul 2014 17:21 #181922 by Michael Barnes
Well, it's not like I don't like (or love) a large percentage of the games you listed. Likely, we probably hate a lot of the same games too. But that ain't going to stop me from challenging you on a couple of things. All in good fun, I assure you. I like it rough.

Lists are, as we all know, a constant source of controversy...to be honest, that's what makes them fun. If you want to cheese people off...make a top 10 list.

Anyway, so can we do the man hug thing now? Arms barred across the front in a handshake gesture to avoid genital bumping. No buttock cupping or pausing of the hand, please limit patting to three pats.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2014 17:21 by Michael Barnes.

More
09 Jul 2014 17:50 #181923 by DukeofChutney
WERP WERP

thanks for dropping by Rab

More
09 Jul 2014 18:18 #181924 by Michael Barnes
How's the booty? I like 'em big and round and juicy.

Applejack, if we can get confirmation on the plumpness of Rab's booty, we might could lift some of those manhugging restrictions if you so desire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Applejack

More
09 Jul 2014 22:02 #181933 by Hatchling
Replied by Hatchling on topic Re: Rab's top ten games
Thanks Dr Mabuse for reminding me about Rob Florence's videos. They are good stuff, and Barnes I have trouble figuring out why you had such a negative reaction. Sometimes you criticize people for taking games too seriously. Other times you criticize them for not taking them seriously enough. Sometimes it just sounds like you want to vent and the catalyst can be almost anything. Still love you though.

Anyway about Florence. I particularly like the Downtime Town video review of Dixit. Rob's sincerity cuts through all the bullshit that gets in the way of good gaming and good company.

vimeo.com/channels/downtimetown/12142294
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors, Dr. Mabuse, Cranberries, wadenels

More
10 Jul 2014 01:35 - 10 Jul 2014 05:05 #181937 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Re: Rab's top ten games
I like that Rab was parodying Tom Vasel, who would probably find it amusing. It also makes me happy that both frequent this site, often lurking in the background.
Last edit: 10 Jul 2014 05:05 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors

More
10 Jul 2014 11:24 #181948 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: Rab's top ten games

MattDP wrote: I meant to warn y'all that Rab's a fan of the site and would likely read this thread, but I got in too late.

Unfortunate. It's train wrecks like this that make me regret being involved in this hobby.

I've played a lot of Reiner Knizia games, and I'd support what Rab said about them in the main.

I kind of think Rab should feel incredibly complimented. His list has inspired a 7 page thread and a ton of slightly heated conversation.... no mean feat around here.

I could make a list and no one would care, that alone says something. Would Barnes take the time to question my (lack of) credibility? One can hope I suppose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Dr. Mabuse, Cranberries

More
10 Jul 2014 12:05 #181955 by Michael Barnes
You know that's funny that you mentioned that JJ because I just completed an audit of your gaming history and I found that you have never played Piranha Pedro. I can't help but call into question everything you have ever posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, OldHippy, wadenels, scrumpyjack

More
11 Jul 2014 02:16 #182002 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: Rab's top ten games

Michael Barnes wrote: ...and no one got pissy or took it all too seriously. I sure as hell never do.

Well, it's after midnight, so here's my Friday contribution ... Go back and read your responses to some of the exchanges about "professional reviewers" taking free stuff from publishers and try to tell us again that this "never"--a word that really can't be qualified away to mean anything less than "not once"--statement is remotely true.

I enjoy your writing; I enjoy your contributions....But I do think that statement, as written, is balls-deep in bullshit. :)

More seriously, I gotta agree with Mad Dog here, one notable thumb in the eye and a bunch of "your choices suck and here's why I'm smarter than you" is more or less par for the course anywhere, let alone this joint. Maybe I skimmed past it, but I don't think I saw a post in here that tiptoed near, let alone crossed, the line to get it moved to the partially obscured "internet dick waving" portions of the site. If this is what folks think of as a "trainwreck" these days, y'all are getting kind of soft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors, Gary Sax

More
11 Jul 2014 03:26 - 11 Jul 2014 04:01 #182005 by scissors
Replied by scissors on topic Re: Rab's top ten games
*Edited*

It's not true no one thinks of your feelings, Barnes.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2014 04:01 by scissors.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds