Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

TOPIC: FFG's Star Wars: Armada

FFG's Star Wars: Armada 11 Nov 2017 16:07 #257487

Bumping this, I think the Phoenix home command upgrade cards are a lot of fun. They managed to put more interesting stuff in the most recent wave (phoenix home, carrier, fighter packs) than I thought they could. There is still *definitely* the sense that you would have a complete, straightforward game if you stopped by after the first couple waves.
  • Gary Sax
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 2472
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FFG's Star Wars: Armada 14 Nov 2017 17:24 #257643

I'm pretty wishy washy about it but after getting (mostly) caught up I tend to agree it's enough. But I'm weak willed so uh... I wouldn't mind one more medium Rebel cruiser of some sort.

I really like the new stuff I got. The Artiquens class are nasty. Carrier is pretty cool and the gravity hijinx of the Interdictor is very interesting. Still on the fence about the Hammerheads since they're so fragile.
  • Hex Sinister
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 558

FFG's Star Wars: Armada 14 Nov 2017 17:34 #257645

Yes, it's hard for me to argue too much about it... these are cool fun ships! I'd love to figure out how to get the Interdictor out in anger. I can imagine it would be quite helpful in objective play.

I actually kind of like this model? Like, I can steer someone toward a very concrete set of ships that provide The Full Experience while still saying there are all kinds of weirdo and unusual ships you can get into if you love the game.
  • Gary Sax
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20

FFG's Star Wars: Armada 14 Nov 2017 21:55 #257657

In a moment of weakness (PrimeDay) I picked up base box, victory SD, home one, Liberty, Nebulon B, and a CR90 at reasonable discounts. Where do I go from here for The Full Experience?

FFG's Star Wars: Armada 15 Nov 2017 00:03 #257669

You're close to the luxury basic experience that you don't really need to upgrade from. #1 first thing is full stop you need a copy of the two early wave fighter packs (one for each side) and the rogues and villians pack.

From there, I'd say you're light on imperial. So I'd go raider or light cruiser and a gladiator and then, as the finishing touch, think about that imperial star destroyer if you end up with some money burning a hole.
  • Gary Sax
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
Last Edit: 15 Nov 2017 00:04 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds