October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

In lieu of today's Barnestorming/Cracked LCD

More
28 Aug 2014 16:30 #186085 by Chaz

Michael Barnes wrote: OMG the Harry Potter ride...BEST RIDE EVER!

My wife almost threw up on that. She had to shut her eyes and clamp her hand over her mouth halfway through. I went on it twice in a row. The single rider line is the best. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2014 20:07 #186101 by Sevej
I love Bioshocks. Any of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
28 Aug 2014 22:06 #186109 by Michael Barnes
Even better than single rider- child swap. Scarlett is too small for some of the rides here so most of the time they put you through express. River has ridden most rides twice like that.

The new Harry Potter ride is awesome too, Escape from Gringotts. Not as good as Forbidden Journey, but definitely the second best ride ever.

Transformers ride can fuck right off. Everything had about the Michael Bay films, but it shakes you violently while you having your eyes shit into.

Most of this park is pretty bad. The fact that they have a whole area themed around Hi and Lois , Cathy, and Beetle Bailey says it all. My kids are like WTF is Woody Woodpecker?

But god damn, the Harry Potter stuff is amazing. Diagon Alley is so freaking cool and they actually have good beer.

More
28 Aug 2014 22:55 #186112 by Space Ghost

Michael Barnes wrote:
Most of this park is pretty bad. The fact that they have a whole area themed around Hi and Lois , Cathy, and Beetle Bailey says it all. My kids are like WTF is Woody Woodpecker?

Hopefully you did the laugh and then sang the Chilly Willy the Penguin song...

More
28 Aug 2014 23:02 #186116 by Space Ghost
I want to try Spurs -- did you get the expansion too?

I am a little bit turned off by the bullet drawing mechanic. The description just doesn't make sense to me in terms of theme or relating back to using different kinds of guns. It just seems like a cutesy implementation of a FFG deck of cards.

But, I do love the Wild West.

Also, where is your vacation?

More
29 Aug 2014 00:32 #186129 by Michael Barnes
Due to how my wife works (freelance film/TV) we had two vacation reschedules do this was kind of a last ditch effort- wound up in Orlando at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure.

As soon as we pulled up to the hotel (Cabana Bay, a really neat mid century modern/1960s styled place Universal just opened) Scarlett thought we were at Disney and said "I can't wait to meet Cinderella". So it looks like we're adding a day at Magic Kingdom.

Universal is TERRIBLE for little girls under, like, 10. Guess they don't even bother to compete with the princesses.

But the Harry Potter stuff blows everything else in Orlando away. We bought a Chocolate Frog at Honeyduke's, went to Ollivander's Wand Shop, rode the train from Hogsmeade to London, had butterbeer and pumpkin juice...it's just really well done. I may actually buy a wand, there's all these places where you can cast spells with them and make stuff happen. They interact with the environment.

Also, every other person here is British.

More
29 Aug 2014 09:43 #186137 by ThirstyMan

Michael Barnes wrote: Also, every other person here is British.

Sounds like Heaven (not the gay club)...

More
29 Aug 2014 09:43 #186138 by metalface13
Oh man I want to go to Harry Potter Land baaaaaaddd. Can't wait until Lincoln is old enough.

More
29 Aug 2014 09:50 #186142 by Legomancer

Michael Barnes wrote: Also, every other person here is British.

I had that exact same experience earlier this year when I was in London. Freaked me out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
29 Aug 2014 09:54 #186144 by Joebot

jpat wrote: He did say Enterprise was better than expected, so, yeah.

I truly believe that the key to enjoying Enterprise is having low expectations. With the bar set sufficiently low, the show is not-terrible.

I've been sporadically watching it on Netflix. I missed a lot of episodes in its initial run, and I'm finding it to be ... tolerable. I think the basic premise is solid, and I like the sets and the design of the ship and uniforms. I like decontamination scenes with T'Pol. Archer is kind of an idiot though. He gets kicked in the proverbial sack by so many hostile aliens, and yet he never learns any lessons. The next time they find an alien culture, he sails in with open arms, assuming they'll want to be best buddies. By the second season, his crew should have mutinied.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds