October 09, 2023
2423 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2632 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Did any US fatties back Shadows of Brimstone?

More
29 Aug 2014 16:27 #186190 by RobertB
Brewmiester wrote:

I fondled both of them at Gen Con but just couldn't pull the trigger. But the more I hear I regret that move. Marco's video review mentions rest and resupply in town at different locations and even that looks cool and over the top.

I couldn't either. $100 didn't seem all that horrible for the base game, but Legend of Drizzt is on my shelf. It doesn't get played enough as is, without another dungeon crawl competing for attention.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2014 17:00 #186193 by Brewmiester

VonTush wrote: ... And didn't they have copies for pickup at GenCon?

That's the story I heard. I was there early Sunday and I saw 5 or so of each base set.

More
09 Sep 2014 23:08 #186814 by SebastianBludd
I got an email from FFP tonight.

Here are the salient points:

-The pledge manager will go live "later this week."

- The extra set of passages and rooms $140K stretch goal has been dropped and replaced by "Frontier Bandit" enemies. They said: At the time, we thought that it might be interesting to have extras for players to make pre-fixed mine boards. As the game developed more, that stretch goal became less interesting and not very useful... So, we decided to drop the useless extra passages and standard rooms and replace them with a brand new set of Frontier Bandit enemies!

- We also added some new items to the Pledge Manager, including a few of the items that were close, but not quite unlocked by the end of the Kickstarter. There are even a few brand new items that were developed after the close of the Kickstarter!

- Wave 1 Shipping should begin as early as mid-late next week!!! This will include backers from the US and everywhere in the world except the EU.

There were no details regarding piggybacking so I'll check back in as soon as the pledge manager goes live and I have a chance to figure out what's going to be possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VonTush, Brewmiester, drewcula, Bull Nakano, charlest

More
12 Sep 2014 12:10 #186950 by SebastianBludd

charlest wrote: Sometimes company's will let late backers get in by emailing them and paying via paypal, I plan on doing that instead if possible but no one knows if they will do that yet.

According to this thread, there will be no "late access" to the pledge manager, so now it appears that piggybacking is the only hope for someone wanting an Outlaw pledge.

Pre-orders for SoB are also up on FFP's website, but still no pledge manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest

More
13 Sep 2014 11:15 #186994 by SebastianBludd
The pledge manager is live and right now I'm just awaiting my email so I can finalize. They're allowing piggybacking, but only one per pledge and you can't add a pledge more expensive than your initial pledge. What that means is that I can piggyback one pledge and it can only be Outlaw level, not Mine Cart.

They're also offering a "Wave 1.5" shipping option in the Outlaw level:

One of the Add-On items that has been included in the Pledge Manager is an Extra Wave of Shipping. This is an optional cost that covers shipping (still subsidized by us – shipping charges have gone through the roof recently) for an extra Wave 1.5 to be sent to those Backers that select it, that will include everything that is ready up to that point. We do not have a firm date on when this optional Wave 1.5 will ship out, but the plan is to have it at a mid-way point between Wave 1 and Wave 2, most likely starting to ship out sometime around March/April 2015. This Wave 1.5 is an optional extra cost and we don’t expect most Backers to elect to use it (just based on the high costs of shipping), but we wanted to make it available to any who want a huge influx of new material several months before absolutely everything is complete for Wave 2 to ship out.

Here's the shipping info:

What Comes in Wave 1?

The following items will be included in Wave 1 if you got them as part of your pledge level or purchased them in the Pledge Manager:

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients Core Set
Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death Core Set
Miniature Set of Heroes and Enemies from both Core Sets in Variant RED color
Signed Art Print
Kickstarter-Exclusive Outlaw Hero Class (Rules, Upgrade Chart, Character Sheet, Game Cards, but No Miniature yet)
Bonus Promo Cards
Heroes of the Old West Premium Paint Set
Creatures of the Void Premium Paint Set
Pads of Color Blank Character Record Sheets
Pads of Color Blank Enemy Record Sheets
Shadows of Brimstone Vinyl Sticker Set

What Comes in the Optional Wave 1.5?

This is an early estimate of what we will have ready to ship in Wave 1.5, but is subject to change:

2 Otherworlds (TBD)
2-3 Mission Packs (TBD)
Outlaw Miniatures
3-5 New Hero Classes with Miniatures (TBD)
Blank Cards
6-12 Game Card Supplements (TBD)
4-12 New Enemy Groups (TBD, including some XL and XXL enemies)

What comes in Wave 2?

All remaining items. Wave 2 will only ship once everything from the Pledge Manager is ready.

The number of Void Sorcerers has been increased from 1 to 3, and they've added the following add-on items available for purchase with one's pledge: Extra copies of the KS Exclusive Outlaw, Trun Hunters, Trederran Mutants, Tribal Ghost Warriors, Corpse Piles, Derelict Ship Auto-Turrets, Artifact Card Supplements for each OtherWorld, Custom Dice Mega Set (one set of each of the custom dice), Blank Hero Character Sheet Pads and Enemy Record Sheet Pads, and sets of extra bases (30 mm, 40 mm, and 60 mm).

Finally, they've re-organized the blank card sets: Threat Set (Low, Med, High, and Epic Threats), a Mine Set (Mine Encounters, Mine Artifacts, Gear, and Darkness), and a set for each OtherWorld (world Encounters, world Artifacts, and OtherWorld Threats).

So it appears that Bull Nakano will get my piggybacking slot (if he's still interested) since he was first in line. For anyone else who'd like to piggyback I would go to BGG and post in the master piggybacking thread while it's still relatively small. I wish I could have helped out more people but unfortunately it won't be possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester, Bull Nakano

More
13 Sep 2014 14:58 #187000 by charlest
Thanks for going through the effort, appreciate you keeping us informed.

More
21 Sep 2014 11:57 - 21 Sep 2014 13:38 #187428 by Gary Sax
Alright dudes. Is this game any fucking good? I'm not planning on picking it up, I don't have the time or 500 dollars, but it looks pretty cool from the campaign/dungeoncrawl perspective and just *seeing* a charactersheet on BGG that has an indian scout with a rifle on it rather than a shirtless barbarian with a sword was a breath of fresh air. And I did like the progression aspect of Pathfinder. I also really appreciate the collective experience on these boards in the dungeon crawl genre, I feel like there's a more critical eye on it here.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2014 13:38 by Gary Sax.

More
21 Sep 2014 12:38 #187430 by Brewmiester
The reports I'm hearing from some buddies in town that are playing is that they are loving the shit out of it.

More
22 Sep 2014 14:07 #187498 by Almalik
I can add a Canadian outlaw pledge if any Fatties are interested (or US/international if you don't mind getting bent over on the shipping).

More
24 Sep 2014 11:18 #187607 by Gary Sax
Someone on BGG mentioned that Flying Frog dudes worked on Warhammer Quest at GW; I did not know that.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds