October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

What HEROSCAPE should I buy?

More
06 Nov 2014 08:53 #190086 by SuperflyPete

Michael Barnes wrote:
Of course if YOU are selling, let me know.

ZTimster is decent, but they're still higher than eBay. Wait until the week after Christmas or the Black Friday to start looking at eBay lots. Everyone's broke, so you can get screaming deals. I've gotten shit for way under "market" using that strategy.

Speaking of that, I'd sell you a lot of my Heroscape stuff, Michael. Hell, if you had cash+games I'd move the whole fucking lot to you, including the Plano boxes and the glued-together wall-mountable map so you can play without having to set shit up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2014 10:00 #190095 by Michael Barnes
PMed you. Let's talk business.

More
06 Nov 2014 10:05 #190099 by SuperflyPete

Brewmiester wrote: No love for Swarm of the Marro?

The Stingers won 3/4 of the last HS national tournaments. Can't fuck with the Stingers, yo.

More
06 Nov 2014 13:24 #190111 by drewcula

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Brewmiester wrote: No love for Swarm of the Marro?

The Stingers won 3/4 of the last HS national tournaments. Can't fuck with the Stingers, yo.

I love the Marro. With the exception of the stingers, they may not be the most competitive "faction." But they are a hell of a lot of fun to play. I love the hounds giving off plague, I love the warriors spawning, I love Ne-Gok-Sa mind shackling. What I mean is, I love rolling high on D20s. Go Marro!

More
06 Nov 2014 14:48 - 06 Nov 2014 14:50 #190115 by Mr. White
Yeah, my son loves the Marro. Particularly that damn Ne-Gok-Sa. I've found out that if you're facing Ne-Gok-Sa frequently, he will mindshackle you more than you think...

Anyway, who cares of the Marro don't have a built in narrative like, say, orks or cowboys. Make your own!

The boy, for some reason, has the Marro out to be treasure hunters and if he can have more marro on glyphs than you have your guys, then Ne-Gok-Sa is pleased. I dunno. Those Omicron Snipers always seem to be Ne-Gok-Sa's body guards as well.

Is this all 'perfect builds' or 'sound strategy'. Nah, but the boy has a lot of fun.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2014 14:50 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
06 Nov 2014 15:45 #190120 by Bull Nakano
The Marro sort of have a built in narrative of being swamp mutants, but their lack of being iconic should be a strength. I don't want to see the 2hr Hollywood film about the origins of The Marro, They're nasty and they're from the swamp, that's enough, I can connect the dots myself.

More
06 Nov 2014 15:48 #190122 by Michael Barnes
I am pleased to announce that Pete Ruth and I have reached a business agreement. Thanks all for your input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Nov 2014 15:56 #190123 by Mr. White
hopefully you're getting more terrain that what is glued together...you'd be missing out on half the game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bfkiller

More
06 Nov 2014 16:10 #190124 by charlest

Michael Barnes wrote: I am pleased to announce that Pete Ruth and I have reached a business agreement. Thanks all for your input.

It's a cold fall evening when Michael Barnes hears a knocking at his quaint European cottage. He comes running to the door with kids in tow, weaving between his stack of review games coming in and being careful not to knock over the even larger stack of review games going out. Being careful not to trip over Capitan Wakelpudding and Tonga Bonga, his heart races with anticipation of HEROSCAPE. Answering the door, he finds a large package from Pete Ruth and his mouth salivates. Tearing it open, his family looks over his shoulders rejoicing that they can finally play something with theme and no longer have to despair over the tasteless German cardboard torture. When Michael finally gets the box open his mouth drops and eyes begin to swell...

Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Gary Sax, bfkiller, SuperflyPete, Colorcrayons, Sevej

More
06 Nov 2014 18:09 #190130 by SuperflyPete

Mr. White wrote: hopefully you're getting more terrain that what is glued together...you'd be missing out on half the game!

The equivalent of 1 ROTV, 1 Marro, 1 Lava, 1 Road/Forgotten, 1 Castle, about 100 snow tiles, about 30 extra road tiles, including two 6-tile custom bridges, one or two sets of marvel tiles (look wicked good with lava tiles..think obsidian), and maybe 5-7 pounds of extraneous sand, grass, rock, swamp tiles.

I needed to clean this stuff out, and Michael was kind enough to be the sucke...er...gentleman to take it off my hands. I fully expect the freight bill to be around 50$.

Plus...maybe 20-30 squads from MacDirks to Minions, Hounds to Stingers...it's kind of a huge lot of models. Plus Raknar's Vision. You can't play the game without Nilfheim, it's just not right.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds