October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

CLOSED: FREE Dalia Cardoso promo fig

More
19 Dec 2014 00:46 - 19 Dec 2014 01:39 #193038 by Dogmatix
For those who still own/play The Adventurers, I've got a rare (or previously rare, anyway--more on that in a moment) Dalia Cardoso fully painted promo fig NIB FREE for the taking.

For those who don't know the story, when The Adventurers was an AEG product, Dalia was originally available as a coupon promo in French minis mag Ravage. The figure disappeared a few years ago and the French mag ceased publication long ago (it's since been resurrected in English by CMON at about the same time CMON became a Kickstarter monster)

Later, when FFG picked up the game, she was *briefly* available in the FFG store during the holiday sale.

Since that brief flash in the FFG holiday sale, she's been just gone and altogether impossible to find.

Then, around 2 months ago, something weird happened. After never hitting on a copy ANYWHERE, she all of a sudden popped up from no fewer than 3 or 4 different Chinese sellers on ebay with dozens of copies suddenly available.

Are they bootlegs? New stock? Warehouse finds? Beats the hell out of me, but I found 2 or 3 sellers listing 10+ each at $40/figure and 1 who was selling for what worked out to $8 shipped.

They are, by all appearances, absolutely legit promos from the Ravage magazine days--they have the right box, colors, and cards. Figure is of the same quality as the painted Adventurers figs that were available back in the day.

So, I bought 3. One for me, one for FATtie NotSure (so, uh, yea, Paul, it's in the mail now), and one that I intended to drop in my Secret Satan package.

But, even though I've never violated what have since become the new guidelines, I'm just not ready to do "rules" when it comes to Secret Satan, so now it's up for grabs to y'all.

So what does that mean? It means that ANY FATtie, US or International, who wants this figure should send me their name and address and I'll draw 1 lucky schmuck from any entries received.

NOTE: this will ship in a padded mailer. The figure is perfectly well protected enough by a plastic "shell" within the packaging to survive unscathed, as are the cards. If the box gets squished, dinged, dented, or torn, tough shit. Really. You got this for free, so don't bitch at me or I will come to your house and piss on your doorknobs (as I will have your address after all).

More seriously (or "being less of an asshole," anyway), if you want it in a box instead of a padded mailer, you'll have to pay postage. Otherwise, no shit, it's gratis.

For the rest of you who might be interested, hit up ebay and search on "dalia cardoso" or "dalia promo". Strangely, the cheap seller originally listed these ONLY as a "Dust Tactics AEG promo". I think he subsequently added "the adventurers" but I'm not sure. You may still be able to find sub-$10 copies. If not, I know the $30+ sellers still had product fairly recently. If you're really into the game, that's still a reasonable price for something that has been basically impossible to find for quite a while now.

(On the subject of Secret Satan, in fact, I have actually BEEN 'violated' per se--I'm exactly the guy who sent out a shitload of good stuff and quite literally received a 30-pound box of brick dust in return; so I can understand the perceived need and call for 'rules; but I just can't get behind the whole idea. I knew what I was getting into and, aside from a 60-second irrational period of being a little pissed--mostly at the vacuuming I had to do thanks to a small hole in the box--was comfortable with the whole thing. Pure "Satan" was always a possibility and it was hard to stop from laughing about it in the end. Maybe I'll be back in next year after I see how this year turns out. It's just not Russian Roulette if there's no possibility of a bullet in the cylinder at all, so I just gotta see how the Satans do their thing this year...)
Last edit: 19 Dec 2014 01:39 by Dogmatix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2014 01:42 #193040 by Dogmatix
And Space Ghost is the Lucky Schmuck du Jour. (Sorry for the quick close folks, but I'd like to get the last of my Xmas mailing out by 0900 Friday AM as I completely forgot that I'm going to be gone for much of the next few days and then we're right into Xmas.)

More
19 Dec 2014 23:40 #193073 by QPCloudy
Awwww, luuucky. I'm still praying I find a painted set of Temple of Chac figs.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds