October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Space Cadets: Away Missions has launched on Kickstarter

More
More
21 Jan 2015 12:41 #195696 by Bull Nakano
Those stretch goals are all kinds of messed up. It's advertised as playing 6, but you don't get the 5th/6th player characters until the project makes 140/160k, and then you don't get the 5/6p scenarios until 200k. Really odd decisions with this project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob, Colorcrayons, JEM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2015 13:13 #195699 by cdennett

Bull Nakano wrote: Those stretch goals are all kinds of messed up. It's advertised as playing 6, but you don't get the 5th/6th player characters until the project makes 140/160k, and then you don't get the 5/6p scenarios until 200k. Really odd decisions with this project.

To be fair, nothing in the KickStarter promises 6 players. To create demand, a lot of KickStarters break things out of the game they fully intend to ship with to create stretch goals, and it certainly feels that way here.

But the way they've priced the tiers with shipping is really confusing. Same price, but one has free shipping and the other a flat rate worldwide...that we won't tell you what it is, nor just create the teir with the shipping added in. Unless they need to see how much extra plastic will be in there before deciding on a shipping price.

It feels like a company with no KickStarter experience...go figure. Still backing because you guys say it's awesome (and I generally like Stonghold).

More
21 Jan 2015 13:30 #195702 by Bull Nakano
Yeah, I understand kickstarter enough to get how campaigns are run, it says 1-6 on the box on the top of the page. It's just weird and likely to be problematic to the campaign on some level.

The shipping thing is really odd too, I have no idea what the plan for that is so I can't comment, but I'd never back something for $99+$?? There's also no rules or gameplay footage.

I think Stronghold is great, and I hope this is very successful, but they really needed (or need) to take on someone to manage this project, because a lot of it is just feeling backwards.

More
21 Jan 2015 13:35 #195703 by cdennett
Well, if you get in now, the shipping is free. You can always hedge your bet and then back out later if you don't like what you see...

More
21 Jan 2015 13:37 #195704 by Bull Nakano
The leech mini is the worm from the AH Dune cover, that's too cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Cranberries, Colorcrayons

More
21 Jan 2015 13:40 #195705 by hotseatgames
Best of luck with it! It has a cool style.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
21 Jan 2015 14:16 #195709 by ubarose

Bull Nakano wrote: Yeah, I understand kickstarter enough to get how campaigns are run, it says 1-6 on the box on the top of the page. It's just weird and likely to be problematic to the campaign on some level.

The shipping thing is really odd too, I have no idea what the plan for that is so I can't comment, but I'd never back something for $99+$?? There's also no rules or gameplay footage.

I think Stronghold is great, and I hope this is very successful, but they really needed (or need) to take on someone to manage this project, because a lot of it is just feeling backwards.

There is a link to the rules in the FAQ section of the bottom of the page.

I'm guessing that the shipping charge will go up before they get to the limit of the free shipping pledge level. By that time they will have a handle on how the game is selling and how much stuff is going to be in the box. I think they don't want to be screwed by setting the shipping charge too low before they can estimate the weight of the box re: number of stretch goals that are likely to be met, but also don't want to screw their backers by over charging on shipping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
21 Jan 2015 14:34 #195713 by Hex Sinister
Wow, over halfway there already. Looks like it's going to do well. Good luck you guys!

More
21 Jan 2015 15:07 #195716 by ThirstyMan
I backed it, but those levels are quite hard to follow.

I initially backed the $60 level thinking that must be the game and then having to cancel it because it isn't the game and then repledging at $99 which is the game. Apparently, I'm not the only one to have done this.

For those thinking of backing...WARNING the first pledge level at $60 is NOT the game it's just the miniatures.

More
21 Jan 2015 15:59 #195726 by Sagrilarus
Shipping total will vary based on who buys. That may be a big factor too.

The number of free shippings has meant that people are getting a shot at it.

S.

More
21 Jan 2015 17:06 #195734 by SuperflyPete
Someone should be talking to the Retro Raygun, Hydra Miniatures, War Rocket, and RetroSpace folks about licensing the models. Shit, even the guys from Ganesha might want them for Mutants and Death Ray Guns. They're good enough that I'm tempted to buy the 60$ set too so I don't have to keep pulling them out of the box.

The bad news is that I cannot envision myself NOT painting every fucking last one of them, meaning I've just bought into a 60 hour minimum time investment! :) :(

More
21 Jan 2015 18:52 #195748 by engineer Al
Thanks so much to all you F:ATies for your support on this. We reached goal in under seven hours! I'm so excited! This is going to be the coolest looking game ever!

More
21 Jan 2015 18:53 #195749 by Hex Sinister
Holy cow that was fast. Congrats!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, engineer Al

More
21 Jan 2015 19:08 #195751 by OldHippy
Amazingly fast, I hadn't even finished considering it yet... congratulations.

I'd like to get in on this but I'm wondering about shipping and fellow Vancouver Fatties... if we can order a few copies together we can save some bucks possibly... anyone in? Doc Mabuse? MClark? Almalik?

Otherwise I gotta go this solo.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds