October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

This isn't anybody here is it?

More
11 May 2015 19:10 #202260 by Brewmiester
Meet the guy who spent $3,200 on Hearthstone packs in one night

www.pcgamer.com/meet-the-guy-who-spent-3...-packs-in-one-night/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2015 19:24 #202263 by Michael Barnes
Well, this explains why Stormy was so frustrated with the game the other day...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

More
11 May 2015 19:29 #202264 by Michael Barnes
What’s the highest rank you have achieved?

I believe rank 8. It was just as high as I got from doing my dailies every day. The past few seasons I have been "farming" rank 20 for gold portraits. I find you can have a 90-95% win rate at that rank and this has only gotten better with the recent influx of new players from cellphones. I do however feel especially evil at some of the "Dennis"* plays that I see. That being said, even free to play decks (especially Mage) can swipe wins when you draw too many blanks and they know what they are doing. If I was playing all experienced players piloting these decks, my win ratio would not be nearly so high. It's not the cards that allow me to win so often, but my opponents' lack of experience.

So the guy is a fucking douchebag on top of being an idiot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75, Gregarius

More
11 May 2015 20:42 #202266 by ChristopherMD
Some rich dude spends a small amount of his money. Big fucking deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney, Sevej, stoic

More
11 May 2015 21:47 #202267 by OldHippy
You guys laugh all you want. I know how this guy feels... I once spent 0.99$ on an Assassin's Creed hoodie for Little Big Planet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, mikecl

More
11 May 2015 22:25 - 11 May 2015 22:26 #202270 by Gary Sax

Mad Dog wrote: Some rich dude spends a small amount of his money. Big fucking deal.

My reaction too. I feel like people underestimate just how rich the top 5% of earners out there are. They really do not give a shit about these kinds of purchases.
Last edit: 11 May 2015 22:26 by Gary Sax.

More
12 May 2015 11:39 #202284 by Black Barney
These games are designed for this type of customer, the whales. We wouldn't have these games if not for this dude. I don't get why he's a douchebag, he seems competitive and is chasing gold portraits. The completionist inside me purrs his approval.

JJ, I remember paying like 2.50 or something stupid for a TRON-camo skin for my guns in Call of Duty. I can't tell you how much I got trolled in those lobbies, "Hey Black Barney! How much did you pay for that stupid camo you jackass?!!"

the funniest thing was that it was called 'camo' but all it did was make you shinier and more noticeable. "I'm going to fire at that glowing orange thing in the trees and hope for the best"

More
12 May 2015 11:49 #202287 by stoic
We should be immediately outraged and notify the following:

(1) People's Party for Digital Gaming: Screen name: Bolsheviks;
(2) Men-in-White who carry butterfly nets and whisk people like this to the rubber room for ECT.

More
12 May 2015 12:00 #202290 by Michael Barnes

Black Barney wrote: These games are designed for this type of customer, the whales. We wouldn't have these games if not for this dude. I don't get why he's a douchebag, he seems competitive and is chasing gold portraits. The completionist inside me purrs his approval.

He's a douchebag because what he is doing is NOT competitive at all, when he talks about farming level 20 what he means is that he's sandbagging. He'll win two and then intentionally drop one to stay at level 20 so that he can keep preying on lower level players. Which completely screws up the ranking system, because it means that you get matched up with someone that has every card in the game that is effectively bottom-feeding to increase his number of wins (500 wins gets the gold portrait for each class). There isn't anything competitive at all about what he's doing, and he even admits that his success in the game- not in collecting the cards- has more to do with other players' lack of experience. He should, with all the cards and experience, be playing in higher tiers with more evenly matched players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, Black Barney, OldHippy

More
12 May 2015 12:06 #202292 by Black Barney
yeah, he's gaming the system perfectly, no? It's a form of being competitive. People in CoD found a way to ensure they always had soft lobbies to bypass the skill-based matchmaking system. This happens everywhere, it barely affects anyone in aggregate. I don't think it's a big deal. The guy doesn't want or need to be a high rank. He's intentionally losing matches so he's giving free wins to someone sometimes too.

In Magic 2015, I'm in the top 200 players now (in ranked) but I also think it's due to other player's lack of experience. I can't believe how bad some of their decks are. I'm not sandbagging or anything tho so it's different, I get you.

anyway for the amount of money this guy is dropping into the game, he can do this all he wants. It's not cheating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds