October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Star Wars Gaming Megathread

More
04 May 2016 20:48 #226990 by Michael Barnes
Why didn't Poe have a 9 pilot skill in the core set?

(Looks at FFG_MarketingPlan_2016.ppt)

Well, there it is then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2016 21:41 #226993 by Gary Sax
ugh, that is weak

More
05 May 2016 04:03 #226999 by Hex Sinister
At least they could have put out Kylo Ren's shuttle before this... Prettly lame May the 4th reveal. I figured they'd do another aces pack with Poe instead of this lame duck. I would have been down with that. Whatever, I'm really pleased with everything they've done so far, even the EU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
05 May 2016 08:56 - 05 May 2016 08:58 #227003 by edulis
Replied by edulis on topic Star Wars Gaming Megathread
You guys are always so quick to poo-poo things. I am totally okay with this - Falcon with illicit upgrade slot, Rey and Fin as crew, seems pretty awesome to me. I don't fly rebels so I doubt I will buy it any time soon, but it will be fun to play against.

And I think a Ren Shuttle and a Resistance shuttle craft thing (made from old B-wings) would be cool.
Last edit: 05 May 2016 08:58 by edulis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

More
05 May 2016 09:00 #227004 by charlest
Falcon with illicit upgrade will be awesome. It also looks like a SLAM upgrade for large ships which is great.

The Poe thing is unfortunate and feels like they messed up. I wonder how much info they had going into the film.

More
05 May 2016 09:29 #227012 by Columbob

charlest wrote: The Poe thing is unfortunate and feels like they messed up. I wonder how much info they had going into the film.

Probably not much for the wave that was released with the movie, maybe that's why they've corrected course with him now. The guy blows up something like 9 TIEs in as many seconds!

More
05 May 2016 09:47 #227015 by edulis

Columbob wrote:

charlest wrote: The Poe thing is unfortunate and feels like they messed up. I wonder how much info they had going into the film.

Probably not much for the wave that was released with the movie, maybe that's why they've corrected course with him now. The guy blows up something like 9 TIEs in as many seconds!

I blame the green dice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest

More
05 May 2016 14:12 - 05 May 2016 14:15 #227040 by Jexik
Replied by Jexik on topic Star Wars Gaming Megathread
As someone new to the game who still hasn't bought the original Millennium Falcon, I'm pretty damn excited about this. I can wait til Q3.

The real question is whether I should buy Soontir Fel and the Imperial Aces pack* now or wait for them to release the TIE/FO Interceptor.

(Since my earlier posts I've picked up the original starter. I also got an A-Wing, because I was at a game store on Sunday night and the clerk was all alone. They didn't have a lot of X-Wing stuff, so I decided to get something...)

*I also want a Starviper, because I also have been working on Scum and apparently Autothrusters are the coolest? They also work on the T-70 and the TIE Advanced Prototype that I have.
Last edit: 05 May 2016 14:15 by Jexik.

More
07 Nov 2016 13:55 #237626 by Hex Sinister
Huge Ships Question:

You guys starting the game with max energy or 0?

More
07 Nov 2016 15:16 - 07 Nov 2016 21:24 #237637 by Disgustipater
I think we start with max energy. Been a while since we had a huge ship game.

Starting with zero can make the early game kind of boring as you have to spend a few turns accumulating it.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2016 21:24 by Disgustipater. Reason: phone typing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
07 Nov 2016 15:25 #237638 by charlest
Yes start with max energy.

More
07 Nov 2016 17:53 #237669 by Hex Sinister
Cool. Thanks, fellas.

More
08 Nov 2016 05:05 #237696 by Hex Sinister
Well, we had plans to play Epic tonight but it ended up being 2.5 hours of setup. Why? Because my shit is all over the place. I got a container of stuff here, shit in a drawer, stuff in boxes over there, stuff in a gym bag, newer stuff in a starter box, stuff on the end of the dining room table. AAGH! Things have gotten worse since the last time I bitched about it, heh. At least the fleet action is ready. Time was also spent reviewing huge ship rules, getting familiar (sorta) with the newer ships and cards, etc...

So many redundant components, man. They really oughtta sell pegs and stands and some other shit seperately. I could build a cardboard Starkiller Base with all the extra tokens and crap. I should throw some away but I'm insane or something.. The great peg shortage of 2025 where pegs are going for $20 a piece on ebay is probably not gonna happen.

More
08 Nov 2016 08:11 #237698 by edulis
The released packages of stands and pegs awhile ago, but I never saw any in the wild. The came in a variety of colors. So how did the epic game go

I played a 400 pt epic game on Saturday at a friends house. I have one of those Feldharr storage soft bags which I keep most of my cards and ship in. I got there and the cards where everywhere. I need to rubberband that shit. So yeah long set up time, but only like 45 minutes.

I played Empire (Raider (ordinance tubes Ion torps, and 2 ion cannon batteries plus a few more things, two defenders with title and Ion cannons, Phantoms with tacticians (seeing a theme here?) a shuttle w/ Mara jade, a punisher and a TIE/SF) Against a scum list of 14 or 15 ships. We played to the last man and I ended the game with the raider and one phantom left on the board after 3.5 hours. I love epic games.

We start with full energy normally, but last weekend we played a scenario where we each attempted to get a transport/carrier across the board from the 3' edge (so it traveled 6'). Smaller ships set up as normal. We started with no energy on upgrade cards. That was a fun game. Ended in a draw as all four (we each had two) transports were blown up.

More
08 Nov 2016 08:55 - 08 Nov 2016 08:56 #237703 by charlest
The Raider is so awesome. Epic games are definitely worth the time and investment to pull off every once in awhile.

Storage-wise, I use two plano carrying case things with four rows of cases and a top compartment. I use two plano cases per faction, one case for pegs/stands, one for templates/asteroids.

I store the large ships in the top compartment in baggies. Store the Rebel Transport in the top compartment of the second case.

Common tokens (Evade, Focus, Shields, Cloaking, etc.) are stored in a small compartment above the big compartment on top. I store the number tokens and target locks in the same compartment as the plastic ships.

Then I store the Raider/Corellian Corvette/Imperial Assault Carrier thing in their plastic clamshells with all tokens/dials tucked inside on a separate shelf.

We make lists using online apps. Then retrieve ships from my well-organized storage containers. Very easy with about 5-10 minutes of list building before we actually meet up, and then about 5 minutes of preparing ships/cards before playing.

By the way, enjoying Heroes of the Rebellion thus far even more than the last wave with the ARC170/Inquisitor/etc.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2016 08:56 by charlest.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds