October 09, 2023
2506 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2705 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Star Wars Risk

More
28 Aug 2015 10:42 #209466 by Green Lantern
Replied by Green Lantern on topic Star Wars Risk

Mr. White wrote: Also, last Solo rant, why's he still flying the Falcon? It was garbage in ANH. Now he's a hero of the rebellion and he hasn't upgraded ships....in 35 years? Anyone here driving a 35 year old car? I don't get the impression the Falcon is some sort of classic muscle car, but some hoopty freighter. More station wagon than anything else... C'mon Disney!

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2015 10:43 - 28 Aug 2015 10:45 #209467 by Disgustipater
Replied by Disgustipater on topic Star Wars Risk

Josh Look wrote: There were only 12 members on the Jedi council, then a handful or people in training. It's a big galaxy, I think the Jedi were a little less seen the the grand scale of things. They also completely failed to do the one thing they were supposed to do, protect the Republic from the Sith, who were even less seen, so I can see where popular opinion would be, "Well, so much for this all powerful Force business."

A failure maybe, but hokey implies that he didn't believe it, which is a plainly wrong belief. Unless of course they have no history on record.

A war was fought with it. The ruling parties clashed with it. Just seems weird to me.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2015 10:45 by Disgustipater.

More
28 Aug 2015 10:44 #209468 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Star Wars Risk
Yeah, it's the best space ship in all of science fiction. You don't just get rid of it because nobody drives a 35 year old car. Plus, from the one sentence we get out of Han Solo in the trailer, kinda seems like he hasn't been in it in a long while.

More
28 Aug 2015 10:46 #209469 by Green Lantern

Josh Look wrote: There were only 12 members on the Jedi council, then a handful or people in training. It's a big galaxy, I think the Jedi were a little less seen the the grand scale of things. They also completely failed to do the one thing they were supposed to do, protect the Republic from the Sith, who were even less seen, so I can see where popular opinion would be, "Well, so much for this all powerful Force business."

It's been established that over 10,000 Jedi were around when the Empire took over, but in the grand scheme of things that's a drop in the bucket so Josh may be on to something. Most regular mooks never saw a Jedi so when the Empire had them destroyed it was easy to smear their reputation and label their religion as "ancient" and "hokey."

More
28 Aug 2015 10:49 #209470 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Star Wars Risk
Yeah, the Empire is the stereotypical tyrannical government. Of course they're going to defame and distort the recorded history of their enemies.

More
28 Aug 2015 11:43 - 28 Aug 2015 11:44 #209473 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic Star Wars Risk
i will preface this by saying I'm sort of cracked out on way too much fucking coffee right now. I feel like I've entered some sort of otherworldly state of existence. So yeah...here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie Thoughts - Call it a cop out...but I don't see the original trilogy as three separate films. It's all one long continuous story and it all works great. I've never understood the backlash about Return of the Jedi. I thought Ewoks were great when I was a kid and I never grew up and thought, "Shit, fuck those teddy bear things. They're too CUTE....I NEED GRITTY STAR WARS!" Ahem. I also love the ending of Jedi. Not the Vadar helmet deflowering. That's obviously good stuff. I'm talking about the big ol' party at the end. Such a great, feel good, moment to close out with. Everyone has a satisfying ending, they're drinking...probably bang-a-langing...it's all good. Queue awesome music. Fin. I ain't jaded about the original trilogy in any way. I love all of it.

Star Wars Risk - Black Edition: Is Egg Shen gonna have to choke a bitch in Target to get this??? Sure hope not. But I'll be ready! I'm all over it. I've been able to resist X-Wing and Armada...got sucked in Imperial Assault real good. Gonna have to dive into these mass market SW games. This is potentially Queen's Gambit 2.0. It might not end up that way, but if it is. Holy Shit. I'm sorta freaking the fuck out about it. Need more coffee.......sip, sip, gulp, ahhhhhhhhhhh. Anywho. Oh yeah. Loopin Chewie! Can't wait for that either. I hope they promoted the guy that came up with that idea. At the very least I hope someone from management blew him. Alright...I'm just rambling like a fucking imbecile at this point....so i'll conclude with this:

We're at the dawn of a new era in Star Wars. Call it a new hope if you will. There is so much going on, and it all seems to be handled correctly for a change. Let's celebrate and bask in the promise of a Star Wars renaissance! May the force be with you all!
Last edit: 28 Aug 2015 11:44 by Egg Shen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, mads b., Ska_baron, Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Green Lantern

More
28 Aug 2015 14:10 #209489 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Star Wars Risk
I don't think it will be in short supply. In fact, I bet we'll see them plentiful enough to hit clearance sometime maybe Q2 next year, especially the Black Edition, which will likely be piled up at Barnes and Noble after the initial rush.

Ewoks are awesome. I love them. No shame, no apologies, no excuses. I had plush Ewoks when I was a kid and I got into shih-tzus because they were Ewok-like. We were at Build a Bear this weekend for my daughter's birthday and we got an Ewok. I know it makes teenage boys feel more masculine and macho to shit on things that are cute, but that attitude never affected me.

I love the big party at the end too, especially before Lucas tampered with it.. My favorite part in all of Star Wars is there, when Threepio is telling the Ewoks their story. That's like the beginning of religion right there- "thousands of years ago a golden man came from the sky and told us about a war in heaven".
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Ken B., OldHippy

More
28 Aug 2015 14:19 #209491 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Star Wars Risk
I loved the Ewoks as a kid, stopped loving them as a teenager and don't mind them now.

But I will say that as much as I pretend to hate that ending in RotJ, the last two times I've seen it (I have an original version of all three films so no extra Lucas crap in there), I've cried. A lot.

So when I say I don't like it, don't believe me, because I don't even believe myself. Tears don't lie, only my brain does that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, Green Lantern

More
28 Aug 2015 14:29 #209495 by Green Lantern

JonJacob wrote: So when I say I don't like it, don't believe me, because I don't even believe myself. Tears don't lie, only my brain does that.

Dat shit's deep yo. Yep, never hated the ewoks but for me the best part of the RotJ ending would be Vader's decision to save Luke and later when Luke puts his father's remains to rest. Gives me the feels err'time.

More
28 Aug 2015 14:34 #209497 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic Star Wars Risk
I cry everytime I see Hayden Christensen's ghost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons, Feelitmon

More
28 Aug 2015 14:35 #209499 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic Star Wars Risk
I think there's really only one mass produced SW game product I'm in the market for...

A Star Wars Heroscape set.

I'm guessing a full blown starter set is out of the question at this point, but I'd settle for a mini starter sort of like that Marvel set. You'd think with all that dosh X-Wing is making, Hasbro would get on something like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman

More
28 Aug 2015 14:47 #209501 by quozl
Replied by quozl on topic Star Wars Risk

charlest wrote: I cry everytime I see Hayden Christensen's ghost.

Why aren't you watching the originals?

More
28 Aug 2015 14:56 #209504 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic Star Wars Risk

quozl wrote:

charlest wrote: I cry everytime I see Hayden Christensen's ghost.

Why aren't you watching the originals?

The Blu-Ray picture/audio are exceptional. Lots of great extras on the bonus disc as well.

More
28 Aug 2015 20:27 #209530 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Star Wars Risk

Josh Look wrote: Yeah, it's the best space ship in all of science fiction. You don't just get rid of it because nobody drives a 35 year old car. Plus, from the one sentence we get out of Han Solo in the trailer, kinda seems like he hasn't been in it in a long while.

He's looking at it like a car, not a military vessel. The A-10 Thunderbolt II was developed and deployed in the 70's and is still the finest close air support plane ever devised by mankind. It's still flying, still blowing shit up as good as it ever was.

So, 35 years isn't a long time

BUT....that's not why I'm here. Why I'm here is that there's no BGG page for the game, hardly any press, no information on any retailers' sites....this is fucked up. How are they trying to sell a game by not advertising it? Why doesn't everyone have press copies yet?

This is some bullshit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman

More
29 Aug 2015 01:12 #209542 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Star Wars Risk

Green Lantern wrote: Dat shit's deep yo. Yep, never hated the ewoks but for me the best part of the RotJ ending would be Vader's decision to save Luke and later when Luke puts his father's remains to rest. Gives me the feels err'time.

Can you write in English please, I'm having difficulty understanding you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Josh Look

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds