October 09, 2023
2480 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2683 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Craniac has some explaining to do

More
03 Feb 2016 23:06 - 03 Feb 2016 23:07 #221633 by OldHippy
My world is pretty good. Mostly I can predict what is going to happen and the few unexpected things that do come along are things I can usually handle pretty well. I eat my oatmeal in the morning, bring my tea with lemon and honey to work, smoke a spliff on the weekend with some boardgames and jamming, love my family.... come to the Fort.

But something is amiss recently. Craniac, fellow FAT:ie, has been sporting different avatars almost every other day. They're not even that interesting other than in their unique pedestrian-ness.

There was a question mark, some .. I don't fucking know and now he has a page count. You know, from the bottom of each thread where you can click on whichever page you like. Yeah, the little goddamn numbers. They're all little things like that. It's bizarre and I can't control my life anymore.

I'm putting honey in my coffee and eating bacon and eggs instead of oatmeal. Everything is all wacky. Please, please Craniac, make up your goddamn mind or at the very least, explain yourself.

Consider this notice to all you other FATies too!! This thread is specifically designed for us to bitch about each other in the interest of improving the site. We're saving the world here, we need to put on a good face.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2016 23:07 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, ChristopherMD, Cranberries, Columbob, Josh Look, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2016 23:16 - 03 Feb 2016 23:17 #221635 by Frohike
Maybe he's gone Jonathan Blow on us and is crafting an elaborate puzzle. Eventually he'll just start posting random quotes from Thus Spoke Zarathustra and Foucault and expect us to connect the dots, and if we don't then that's on us, isn't it?
Last edit: 03 Feb 2016 23:17 by Frohike.

More
03 Feb 2016 23:25 #221636 by Ancient_of_MuMu
I just felt like a change recently, having been staring at my back tattoo for far too long, and steampunk rhinoceros was the result of a recent brief family discussion about the various family member avatars on the PS4 as my rhino was displayed next to my wife's steampunk lady, and someone naively asked if those two had ever been combined and I pointed out that the internet being what it is, I would be able to find within 30 seconds a picture of a steampunk rhino.

I have always had a thing for rhinos (and triceratops) because they are herbivores with big fuck off indicators to any predator not to mess with them. They are a creature that lets people know that everyone will get along fine as long as we respect each other, but the minute you mess with the rightful order you will have a huge gash in your side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
03 Feb 2016 23:29 #221637 by OldHippy

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote: I just felt like a change recently, having been staring at my back tattoo for far too long, and steampunk rhinoceros was the result of a recent brief family discussion about the various family member avatars on the PS4 as my rhino was displayed next to my wife's steampunk lady, and someone naively asked if those two had ever been combined and I pointed out that the internet being what it is, I would be able to find within 30 seconds a picture of a steampunk rhino.

I have always had a thing for rhinos (and triceratops) because they are herbivores with big fuck off indicators to any predator not to mess with them. They are a creature that lets people know that everyone will get along fine as long as we respect each other, but the minute you mess with the rightful order you will have a huge gash in your side.

Oh no, he's infecting the others now too.

Who's next? How long till we all have giant boobs with a hulk in the middle for avatars?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, engineer Al

More
04 Feb 2016 07:57 #221641 by SuperFlySwatter
Hey I thought that was a proper FAT avatar but the Powers that be didnt like it, so theres only Andy left flying the flag

More
04 Feb 2016 10:38 #221662 by Columbob
Also IaIa's (are those capital i's or lower case L's?) name recently changed to 00, then returned to whatever it is right now.

It's no wonder they've reopened the X-Files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
04 Feb 2016 12:51 - 04 Feb 2016 15:03 #221682 by OldHippy

Columbob wrote: Also IaIa's (are those capital i's or lower case L's?) name recently changed to 00, then returned to whatever it is right now.

It's no wonder they've reopened the X-Files.

Yeah, I've got no idea how to say lala (IaIa) - can you even tell which is which? One of those is L's the other is i's. It's like putting capital O's and zeros in a pass-code. Actually I hope it's i's and not L's because then his name would be all vowels and with four characters that's kind of impressive.

I think Frohike might be on to something. It's possible that Craniac (who has changed his avatar at least once more since this post) is fucking with us. Some weird performance art piece were we're all part of the art itself.

I feel dirty and used.

Now imagine this... we all change our avatars to almost the exact same thing - except Craniac. Maybe not boob hulk but something like that. Identical across the site but with only tiny variations, hardly noticeable at first.

Any strangers to come here would think we were a cult. It would be kind of creepy.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2016 15:03 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
04 Feb 2016 14:29 #221697 by ChristopherMD
I change my avatar sometimes. No big deal.

People changing their name is kind of annoying though. Makes it harder to skip over their posts.

More
04 Feb 2016 16:24 #221710 by OldHippy
Ok, now I know he's screwing around with me. Pretty soon I'll be pooing standing up and peeing sitting down. This guys got me all topsy turvy, and I'm not even a Gilbert and Sullivan fan! Notice the head... it's his old avatar.

I PAID CARY NORD FOR THAT PICTURE, YOU CANNOT STEAL IT FROM ME!!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Cranberries, repoman

More
04 Feb 2016 19:15 #221725 by SuperFlySwatter

More
04 Feb 2016 19:16 #221726 by SuperFlySwatter

More
04 Feb 2016 19:16 #221727 by SuperFlySwatter

More
04 Feb 2016 19:17 #221728 by SuperFlySwatter

More
04 Feb 2016 19:18 #221729 by SuperFlySwatter

More
04 Feb 2016 19:25 #221731 by OldHippy
You know how fucking stupid I am?

I read bocaJnoJ like five times and each time all I read was Bocaj - no - J, all I'm thinking is 'what's a Bocaj, and why the no 'J' - what's wrong with 'J's?

It didn't even occur to me that it was my username backwards and I've said Jacob backwards hundreds of times in my life.

Level of stupid achieved? - too high to count (which apparently could be 4 in my case).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, SuperFlySwatter

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds