October 09, 2023
2444 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

SeaFall Buzz

More
09 Feb 2016 19:17 #222130 by jeb
SeaFall Buzz was created by jeb
www.polygon.com/2016/2/9/10951990/seafal...ic-legacy-rob-daviau

Even Polygon is in on it. The buzz is real. This will be my next big game purchase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2016 03:35 - 10 Feb 2016 03:36 #222160 by MacDirk Diggler
Replied by MacDirk Diggler on topic SeaFall Buzz
Man, Seafall buzz is so 2015.

It's 2016 and the buzz is about Chronicles:Origins now, also Daviau... a whole series of legacy games.

Players build a new version of the world in the Chronicles Series, starting with the first game: Chronicles: Origins. First, players take the role of leaders of a small and emerging tribe in the early Stone Age, collaborating to avoid threats, exploit opportunities, and build the tribe to a position of growth and stability. Then, once a variety of tribes have been created, players take leadership of a city-state that evolved from an original tribe and contest the region with their opponents who are the leaders of city-states of their own. Using Legacy mechanisms, the world evolves as the city-states use exploration, conquest, culture, and religion to out-compete their opponents and try to establish the most enduring enterprise. Not every tribe created in this game will survive to the next...

Each game in the Chronicles Series uses Rob Daviau's Legacy System within the game itself, but will use the new Echo System to allow the world you create in Chronicles: Origins to be continued in the second game of the Chronicles Series due out in 2017.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2016 03:36 by MacDirk Diggler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, jeb, Frohike

More
10 Feb 2016 07:52 #222163 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic SeaFall Buzz
I'll be buying Seafall. I think it sounds pretty cool.

More
10 Feb 2016 10:02 #222173 by Gregarius
Replied by Gregarius on topic SeaFall Buzz
This will probably sound like a hipster post, but so be it.

I've been extremely interested in SeaFall since I first heard about it a couple of years ago. I thought the concept behind Risk: Legacy was brilliant, and I was eager to see what a game designed specifically for that system could do. However, since Risk: Legacy kinda seemed like a flash in the pan, I thought SeaFall would end up being an obscure experiment that hardly anyone paid attention to, almost like Archipelago or Shadows of Malice. Well, Pandemic: Legacy has apparently taken over the gaming world, so now everyone is hyped about SeaFall. This doesn't diminish my enthusiasm for the game; I'll still be one of the first to buy it. But I really miss the idea of it being a strange, small title instead of the second coming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
10 Feb 2016 10:34 #222177 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic SeaFall Buzz
Sounds interesting. I was always curious about Risk Legacy but never got the chance to play it. This type of persistent tabletop gaming is the reason why I love games like Blood Bowl, Necromunda and Mordheim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob, Mantidman

More
10 Feb 2016 10:36 #222179 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic SeaFall Buzz

Alastair MacDirk wrote: Man, Seafall buzz is so 2015.

It's 2016 and the buzz is about Chronicles:Origins now, also Daviau... a whole series of legacy games.

Players build a new version of the world in the Chronicles Series, starting with the first game: Chronicles: Origins. First, players take the role of leaders of a small and emerging tribe in the early Stone Age, collaborating to avoid threats, exploit opportunities, and build the tribe to a position of growth and stability. Then, once a variety of tribes have been created, players take leadership of a city-state that evolved from an original tribe and contest the region with their opponents who are the leaders of city-states of their own. Using Legacy mechanisms, the world evolves as the city-states use exploration, conquest, culture, and religion to out-compete their opponents and try to establish the most enduring enterprise. Not every tribe created in this game will survive to the next...

Each game in the Chronicles Series uses Rob Daviau's Legacy System within the game itself, but will use the new Echo System to allow the world you create in Chronicles: Origins to be continued in the second game of the Chronicles Series due out in 2017.

Our Rob Daviau interview goes up tonight and his description of Chronicle sounded pretty amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
10 Feb 2016 11:32 #222184 by Ska_baron
Replied by Ska_baron on topic SeaFall Buzz
So in 2016 I'll get the new Star Wars game for my birthday and then this one for Xmas. What more gaming do you need?

More
10 Feb 2016 11:54 #222189 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic SeaFall Buzz
Chronicles Series seems like an RPG, in board game form.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds