October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

More
28 Apr 2016 10:00 #226655 by hotseatgames
www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/04/warhamme...-minis-contents.html

Apparently this is speculation / not confirmed yet, but supposedly there will be an Age of Sigmar game coming in May as part of the Warhammer Quest line.

The game is set in the Age of Sigmar world.

Chaos opponents – highlighting Tzeentch.

Modular board with random layout.

Multi mission campaign in box with White Dwarf mission add-ons.

6 Heroes included:

Stormcast Eternal
Ogor
Duardin
Aelf
2 others (unknown)

Chaos Opponents included:

12 Horrors
4 Screamers
2 Flamers
6 Cultists
1 Sorceror
1 Deamon Prince of Tzeentch (boss)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2016 10:12 #226658 by Columbob
Cool, we'll see.

Not too much a fan of those new-fangled spellings/race names though, but I suppose with rebranding they wanted to move away from the too-common elves, dwarves, orcs and ogres.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
28 Apr 2016 10:15 #226659 by Mr. White
I understand one of the main points of the AoS was to rebrand with copyrightable names and aesthetics. Which is why they are no longer the generic 'orcs', 'empire', 'dwarves' and such.

I also believe AoS is getting a full on point system which is what the community has been asking for since its release. Seems GW is listening.

More
28 Apr 2016 10:18 #226660 by Michael Barnes
So they went with "ogors" and "aelfs"...

Reminds me of Rickey Rouse and Ronald Ruck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
28 Apr 2016 10:22 #226661 by hotseatgames

Michael Barnes wrote: So they went with "ogors" and "aelfs"...

Reminds me of Rickey Rouse and Ronald Ruck.

Maybe there will be an elephant warrior called a Babarian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Almalik, bfkiller, SuperflyPete, Frohike, scrumpyjack

More
28 Apr 2016 10:40 - 28 Apr 2016 10:42 #226662 by Mr. White
Name change means little to me, but it's the fluff re-write and new models that put me off.

From what I gather the Old World is gone and they are battling some sort of inter-dimensional 'Realm War'. How does a dungeoncrawler fit into that? I mean, in WHQ, heroes, mainly from the Empire, are adventuring into old abandoned crypts and dungeons clearing out nasty inhabitants. Standard stuff. I guess with no old dungeons around, the PCs are exploring a Tzeentch tower?

Still, the aesthetic of the new factions isn't to my style, so even if I wanted a new WHQ, I doubt this would be to my taste.

the new 'empire' - sigmarine power armor:

new 'dwarves' - looks like a whole army of dandy slayers. bring back the metal slayers! \m/ :

new 'orcs' - hmmm...more power armor?:
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 10:42 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
28 Apr 2016 10:47 - 28 Apr 2016 10:49 #226663 by Gary Sax
I really loathe the new warhammer setting/theme. They can do whatever they want, of course, and they have their reasons... but one of the cool things about original WH was there were no superhuman factions. The Empire was just the Holy Roman Empire army and the Bretonnians the idealized chivalry era French. That's obscure, yes, but the underlying point that the humans have no superhuman solution is just cool.

This does make me less likely to buy into WHQ system.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 10:49 by Gary Sax.

More
28 Apr 2016 13:38 - 28 Apr 2016 13:45 #226674 by fastbilly1
Depends on the price. I will live with the new setting if the gameplay is sound. I will have to take a week rewriting the stupid names on the cards though.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 13:45 by fastbilly1.

More
28 Apr 2016 14:06 #226680 by the_jake_1973
So the Empire can field Swooping Hawks?

More
28 Apr 2016 21:26 #226695 by Da Bid Dabid
The model aesthetic makes sense so the 40k players have interest in the fantasy models and vice versa for conversions and what not. I always will have a soft spot for GW Orcs and Orks.

More
29 Apr 2016 12:15 #226710 by fastbilly1
When did the price of GW figures go up to so high? A box of build a squad Skaven use to be $25, now its $60

More
30 Apr 2016 00:57 #226729 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

fastbilly1 wrote: When did the price of GW figures go up to so high? A box of build a squad Skaven use to be $25, now its $60

Really, it's not just GW. With the exception of historical minis, the cost for fantasy & sci-fi around GW's quality is at least equal or more, on most of its range. Check Warmachine, Infinity, or *cough* Beyond the Gate of Antares. The last one is stupidly expensive. Very few has GW's level of style, customization or extra parts. Mantic is cheaper, but still a league or two below GW's quality. I'm always astounded by people reasoning that you don't need as much minis to play Warmachine or Infinity. Screw that. A figure is a figure, and I value them as such. GW still offer the best starter sets, bar none, in my opinion. I'm surprised how much Antares gets a pass while people piss on GW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
02 May 2016 13:26 #226766 by fastbilly1
I guess I am out of touch with the market. I mean Reaper gave me a such a stockpile via Bones to last for the foreseeable future

More
09 May 2016 23:30 - 09 May 2016 23:35 #227244 by Mr. White

This site needed an update:

The Minis: www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/05/40k-brea...ver-tower-minis.html

Some Rules (I think these are AoS rules for the Silver Tower characters): www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/05/aos-silv...o-rules-spotted.html

From DakkaDakka:

Retailers have just been sent this:

In 1994, Games Workshop launched a game called Warhammer Quest. Warhammer Quest is a dungeon bashing game that has proved to be immensely popular over the years and even today many people play the game. Recently there was even a Warhammer Quest computer game and the Warhammer Quest Phone App about the board game has been downloaded over a million times already!

Games Workshop is now releasing a brand new edition for this established and well known & recognised game, full with new miniatures and updated game play. This is a re-imaging of a classic game, where the heroes must battle their way through the Silver Tower to defeat the trials set by the Gaunt Summoner. It is a 2-4 player game, with a random game length depending on the table lay-out and the number of players.

The miniatures will be compatible with regular games and the rules for this will be in White Dwarf 120 (The heroes) and White Dwarf 121 (The bad guys). There will also be a special in-store launch pack with deluxe and limited edition gaming accessories! See photo & details below!

A brand new game in a box, telling the story of a group of mighty heroes battling their way through the Silver Tower. The box contains:

51x brand new highly detailed plastic miniatures, the quality of which there is nothing else like it on the market. Some miniatures are brand new concepts for the army, and will excite many customers! The miniatures have a dynamic single pose and will require glue and assembly (they are not push fit, however easy to put together). The miniatures can be divided into two camps:

The Warhammer Quest Heroes
6x individual Warhammer Quest heroes
Knight Questor – The Paladin (Stormcast Eternal)
Darkoeth Chieftan – The Barbarian (Free People)
Fyreslayer Doomseeker The Dwarf (Dwarf)
Excelsior War priest & Gryph Hound – The header and war priest companion (Free People)
Mistweaver Saith – Female wizad (Aelf)
Tenebrand Shard – The assassin (Aelf)

The Denizens
44x individual Warhammer Quest monsters that live in the Silver Tower. The below list of miniatures make for a great addition or a start of an original Grand Alliance Chaos army!
Gaunt Summoner
Ogroid Traumaturge
2x Skaven Deathrunners
8x Familiars
6x Tzaangors (Beastmen)
8x Kairic Acolytes
2x Pink Horrors
4x Blue Horrors
4x pairs of Brimstone Horrors
8x Grot Scuttlings

Gaming Accessories
A guide book
An adventure quest book
13x Reversible board tiles with different landscapes
6x Hero character cards
36x Skill and treasure cards
40x Exploration (event) cards, to offer even more variation to the game so that each game will be different.
A booklet with assembly instructions
Gaming accessories such as assorted gaming counters and dice sets

The game comes in a high quality rigid box (Dark Vengeance size). The box is full with miniatures and game components and therefore fairly heavy. To ensure that your boxes arrive in a good condition, we have pre-packed the new game in reinforced boxes. You can order in singles, however we do recommend that you order Warhammer Quest in quantities of 5, to ensure your orders arrive in a good condition.

Organise a pre-release party in your store to celebrate the launch! We have made our promotional material for this launch weekend even better! Want to make the most out of the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower? The bigger you want to make this release, the more promotional support you will get to have an amazing party in your store!

Launch pack with deluxe and limited edition gaming material! See image.

This launch pack contains:

Deluxe soft touch gaming markers
Packs of deluxe holographic hero character cards. Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes. These character cards are not in the game and cannot be found anywhere else!
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower badges (with 6 designs)
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower art cards

This launch pack will definitely help you, to get your customers in store for a Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower release event!

And because this totally related and amazing review seems to have been overlooked in the youtube thread...I'm re-posting it here. It's shot to being my favorite tabletop related video (thanks, cdennett!). One joke is set up a few seconds too long, but all the rest are right on. I particularly like the commentary on how clean and clear the older GW models are vs the new. Sure these new AoS and 40K figs have amazing detail...but from my chair...it's too much detail. They don't look fun to paint. At. All.

Last edit: 09 May 2016 23:35 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob, Egg Shen

More
09 May 2016 23:55 #227245 by Michael Barnes
You can order in singles, however we do recommend that you order Warhammer Quest in quantities of 5, to ensure your orders arrive in a good condition.

Ha ha! Is this for real? Oh no, I had six preorders...I guess I'd better order ten games so they aren't damaged!

Oh, Games Workshop...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jackwraith

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds