October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

PETA takes aim at Warhammer 40K

More
01 Feb 2017 11:34 #243368 by SuperflyPete
PETA= People Emulating Total Asshats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2017 12:42 #243373 by Almalik
Hope PETA doesn't notice Kingdom Death made $12M on Kickstarter, or they'll be complaining about little plastic dudes knocking the dicks off of lions.

More
01 Feb 2017 14:43 #243379 by Legomancer

stoic wrote:

Legomancer wrote: Also, if it matters, I've never heard any lefty say anything at all about George Soros. The right wing seems fascinated by him, the left is all "who?"

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. The world is about who gets to eat a free lunch and who gets to pay for it.

Someone has to pay for the travel expenses, lobbying, buses, printed signs, press agent releases, community organizers, advertising, donation handling, legal teams, accountants, administrative personnel, agents provocateur, crowd agitators, etc. for these non-profit groups. These movements and groups aren't spontaneous. It takes money and a lot of it.

Well then someone's withholding our checks. Here I thought we were doing it because we, you know, give a damn.

More
01 Feb 2017 14:48 #243380 by JEM
Replied by JEM on topic PETA takes aim at Warhammer 40K
There's a big club, and you aint in it.

More
01 Feb 2017 15:54 #243385 by Legomancer

JEM wrote: There's a big club, and you aint in it.

More
01 Feb 2017 22:59 #243390 by Vlad

stoic wrote: When you believe that harvesting meat and consuming animal products is murder, and, for that matter, murder that is morally equivalent to and/or even a greater atrocity than human murder, then, of course, you'd object to any glorification or use of fur products. Portraying them in works of sculpture, though real fur isn't used, is an even a greater offense. It all makes sense.

Warhammer promotes violence, murder, murder, death, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, heroic death, murder, murder, murder, murder, animal murder, bloody mayhem, death, and more murder.

It should be stopped because Warhammer players clearly become violent mass murders. They constantly see images of murder, violence, and fur. They're willing cultists in an apocalypse of death. Murder and violence are glorified through miniature sculptures. Warhammer gaming creates nefarious schemes by which only the most violent are rewarded at the hands of chance. Warhammer players act out their sick fantasies about violence and murder. They mentally project their subconscious desires to be the very violent, furry, and murderous characters that they see on a table top. Violence only begets more violence. Warhammer players should be institutionalized or murdered. The creators and purveyors of these violent Warhammer games should be incarcerated.

Stoic, I tried reading your post out loud to a friend but collapsed in laughter half way through. Thanks, man!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
02 Feb 2017 07:41 #243395 by JEM
Not a George Carlin fan, then, Legomancer?

anonhq.com/globalist-soros-exposed-fundi...ons-womens-march-dc/

By all means ignore any rhetoric, just look at the data. You may even support the organizations listed, but lets at least agree that the whole march was not just some people getting together. You joined in on something that was organized, and organization costs money, ultimately.

More
02 Feb 2017 09:12 #243404 by Legomancer
Nomani reveals that the “Women’s Marches” were actually organized as political tools to be used to strategically forward a progressive political agenda against President Donald Trump — exposing the protests to largely be an organized, top-down driven political operation — and not an organic movement of concerned Americans taking to the streets as reported by the mainstream media.

How the fuck do you think protest works? It's NEVER been just the case that a bunch of individuals all happen to go to the same location at the same time to shout the same message. Of COURSE it's fucking organized. That's why there are "organizations" and "organizers". The whole POINT of a movement is to organize. And yeah, some organizers are paid for their work, though a lot aren't. It's why we have fundraising and such.

How do you think a "legitimate" protest works? Give me an example of a clearly grassroots event.

But hey, I don't want to argue with the fine work of liberty-eagle-dot-biz in exposing this vast left-wing conspiracy.

More
02 Feb 2017 09:20 #243406 by JEM
Eh, you were dismissing the notion that money is involved in organizing protests and now you're ranting the other way saying "well duh." The data seemed to show that there was more than just some organizing, that there was a concerted top-down administration at least of the DC area march. And... that's fine if you believe in the cause, why not and all that.

Your attitude is bizarre, frankly childish, and adds nothing to the discussion.

You asked me for a grassroots event, I'll direct you to www.gofundme.com/VetStand4-StandingRock
You can tear into that if you like, hopefully you'll consider donating to their cause.

More
02 Feb 2017 11:41 #243422 by OldHippy
JEM, normally I wouldn't engage but I'm curious as to your opinion, perhaps you'll indulge me. A few questions if you don't mind... I'll reveal that I don't like protests and only half support this one (you can not like something but support it). I encouraged my wife to go but there's no way in hell you'd catch me there.

1/ Do you believe that the entire protest would never have happened without Soros. That he and his billions single handedly made it happen?

2/ Do you believe that his involvement completely delegitimizes everything the protest represents? Why?

3/ Why do you think Soros would do this?

Threads fucked now anyway and I'm genuinely curious.

More
02 Feb 2017 11:45 #243423 by Legomancer

JEM wrote: Eh, you were dismissing the notion that money is involved in organizing protests and now you're ranting the other way saying "well duh."

No, I was dismissing the notion of George Soros sitting at the center of a giant money web, personally making sure the protests happen according to some nefarious plan, and the proof of this claim was "organizations need money". Well yeah. And I'm sure Soros has donated money. That's a long stretch to Soros pulling all the strings and making us gullible lefties dance. There are people who do things because they give a damn, and they organize and protest and fundraise. That's how this works. This basic knowledge doesn't indicate a clandestine Soros-driven conspiracy, no matter what truthpatriot dot facebook claims.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, Colorcrayons

More
02 Feb 2017 11:54 - 02 Feb 2017 13:09 #243425 by ufe20
Links with Nazi euphemisms stay blue on my end. (((Globalists)))

Who gives a shit if some rich guy backs progressive causes? It's not like the Koch brothers aren't a thing. Nobody went to DC because they got a free bus ride or whatever that article is asserting.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2017 13:09 by ufe20.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds