Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

TOPIC: Shadow War: Armageddon

Shadow War: Armageddon 22 Apr 2017 16:16 #246961

Inquisition seems really expensive to start if you don't already have pieces.

Sisters...$80 for a metal squad...at least right now.
  • Michael Barnes
  • Mountebank
  • Thank you received: 5192
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shadow War: Armageddon 22 Apr 2017 17:01 #246962

Michael Barnes wrote:
Sisters...$80 for a metal squad...at least right now.

...or $60 shipped for 10 highly customizable and rather well sculpted sisters in high quality resin.

fortressat.com/forum/10-ameritrash/19932...don?start=120#246261

Until GW makes plastic sisters, I see zero reason to give GW money for FailCost™® resin. In fact, these sculpts will probably still be cheaper than GW's own offerings judging by their recent common pricing structure for 5 plastic models for $50. Fuck. That. Shit.
  • Colorcrayons
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 549

Shadow War: Armageddon 22 Apr 2017 17:51 #246964

Well here's an interesting thing. In the "pick your side" thing on the new 40k site, it has Adeptus Sororitas. So I am thinking they are at least maybe moving toward plastic Sisters. Especially with the Canonness being such a big hit, the Triumvirate thing, and now they are in SWA.

They are also listing Ynnead as a distinct faction.

It's going to be interesting to see if SWA manages to take some of the wind out 8th edition's sails...I've heard a lot of talk at the shop about how folks are really more interested in skirmish level. And it is WAY more accessible- no need to buy and paint a 2000 point army.

I really love that I can get into multiple factions with it and enjoy the whole setting. I am thinking I may actually collect them all eventually. Think I might do a Thousand Sons CSM kill team after I get through all of the painting I have lined up.

I got my Goliath in today, that thing is just adorable. It's like a 40k Tonka truck. It's going to be a really fun piece of terrain- I'm building it with the open bed so dudes can take cover in it. I'm not putting the GSC dudes on it though, it's just scenery. I may house rule that the weapons in it can be used though, with standard heavy weapon stats.

The only thing is when you have something like that on the table and you are playing with a kid, the entire game becomes about putting a guy in it, driving it, firing the gun on it, etc. at the expense of all strategy and tactics.
  • Michael Barnes
  • Mountebank
  • Thank you received: 5192
Last Edit: 22 Apr 2017 17:55 by Michael Barnes.

Shadow War: Armageddon 22 Apr 2017 18:18 #246966

I do think plastic sisters will be highly likely. I mean, they made plastic seraphm sister superiors in the triumverate for chrissakes. To not capitalize on that and only tease consumers like that would be like GW saying that they hate money.

But for right now, Im ordering from the sneaky fuckin' russians for my sororitas needs.
  • Colorcrayons
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 549

Shadow War: Armageddon 22 Apr 2017 20:26 #246968

I'd wait for GW to do them in plastic, but what would I know about russian toys...

Getting one inquisitor is expensive... besides the model I like most is this new Greyfax, which would set me back like 30$ on ebay. I hope they release her as an individual model eventually. BUT, I always wanted to paint one, and the fact that it can be a quite useful skirmish model adds purpose to the endeavour.
  • Vlad
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 385

Shadow War: Armageddon 22 Apr 2017 23:57 #246975

You don't need to buy any of GW's premade inquisitors. Just google Inq28 or visit the amazing forums on Ammo Bunker (s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/forum/3012278/) to see the awesome things people kitbash together to play Inquistor and Inquisimunda. People make some awesome characters just by kitbashing together from the Skitarri, Genestealer Cult and Scion kits.
  • metalface13
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 630
"Chance favors the prepared mind" – Louis Pasteur
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons, Vlad

Shadow War: Armageddon 23 Apr 2017 19:08 #247002

This is an awesome idea.
By the way, I started eyeing Genestealer cults, can I go with the basic acolytes or neophyte hybrids are also necessary?
Damn, they all look so good.
  • Vlad
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 385
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds