Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

TOPIC: Warhammer Quest TCG -the Reskin

Warhammer Quest TCG -the Reskin 13 Jun 2017 12:52 #249797

From the original designers of WHQACG (F:Attie: StrayKnife and bro)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awfulfantasy/epic-af
  • Dr. Mabuse
  • Ambassador of Truth
  • Thank you received: 697
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iguanaDitty, Gary Sax, san il defanso

Warhammer Quest TCG -the Reskin 13 Jun 2017 13:37 #249803

Cool! I might be on board for this one. I loved the art from the prior game but the game itself didn't grab me.
  • hotseatgames
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 1615

Warhammer Quest TCG -the Reskin 13 Jun 2017 13:41 #249805

The scuttlebutt on BGG is that you'll be able to use content from the other game in here, and vice versa. I'm not sure the extent of that, whether the campaign can be run either way, whether the characters could work in either game. But looking at the production, it looks almost 1:1 with the original game.

I know the "isn't this silly" fantasy trope is played out for a lot of people here, but I'm excited to see this game get a new life. It was much closer to what I wanted from the idea of an adventure card game than what we got from Pathfinder.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com

Warhammer Quest TCG -the Reskin 14 Jun 2017 16:22 #249880

Thanks for sharing! We're pretty stoked about this one. It's great to have control of the system to take it to whatever IP we want. Got some plans for it beyond this, but this needs to fund to make sure we can keep doing it.

Thanks again!
  • StrayKnife
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 48
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Warhammer Quest TCG -the Reskin 14 Jun 2017 17:46 #249892

I just had this out yesterday with my small group of three and it went down as well as it did when we played it about 6 months ago. Once you sort out exactly how range, engage and shadows work during an attack action (the rules fall over in that respect) you realise what an extremely clever and still thematic system they have built, it does a very good job of emulating an rpg dungeon crawl.
But I have no interest in the awful setting, it seems a poor choice for a very good system - as if it was being mocked. I would buy more campaigns and content for the Warhammer setting (and I'm not a GW fan) but it sounds like that won't be happening, well not for a while yet.
  • Southernman
  • D10
  • Eat Steel !
  • Thank you received: 384
Konieczkarian
F:ATies 'Spawn of Ameritrash' Worldwide Map: maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe...7e41fde832d5ff51&z=2
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds