October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

"NullUser"s Superfly Auction. This is the end of an era

More
25 Sep 2017 18:20 - 25 Sep 2017 18:21 #254778 by SuperflyPete
www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/230594/hu...adventurous-superfly

This will be my last auction, as I'm selling off almost all my games that have any value and that are no longer being played. Sad time for me. End of an era. Support the douche you've hated for all of these years so he will go away for good.

If you doubt my seriousness, don't. I'm selling Space Hulk and El Grande Decentennial edition.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 18:21 by SuperflyPete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2017 18:28 #254779 by hotseatgames
Are you implying that buying these goods translates to you not posting anymore?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
25 Sep 2017 18:49 #254781 by Shellhead
Nobody here hates you, Null. Folks may disagree with your political views or even your perception of current events, but nobody underestimates your enthusiasm for the F:AT lifestyle.

More
25 Sep 2017 18:58 #254783 by Gary Sax
Keep posting. Shit, barney hasn't played a game in 13 years and he still posts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, dysjunct, Dr. Mabuse, Cranberries, Black Barney, SuperflyPete, Frohike

More
25 Sep 2017 19:07 #254785 by Michael Barnes
If anyone here "hates" Pete...they have to answer to me.

Pete came down to Georgia (like in the Charlie Daniels song) a couple of years ago. I went out to meet up with him- and this AFTER he and I had some disagreements and outright hostility online. I didn't know what I was getting into, but I had a free day and felt like it was the thing to do out of good will. I was surprised that Pete was was 100 percent authentic, down to earth, and a real gentleman. We bullshitted for a couple of hours and we probably could have gone a couple more. We didn't really talk games much. We talked about family, life, animals, kids, quantum physics, normal stuff. He had a great anecdote for everything, and he was a top conversationalist. He wasn't the braying, bellowing neo-con gun nut that some of you might be under the impression that he is. He was just plain folks, and a super cool guy.

But I'll tell you what, Pete is an honest guy and he doesn't mollycoddle or sugar coat. He's as no-bullshit as they come.

I don't agree with him a lot of times in his posts here and I think there are times where he doesn't hit the brakes before it's too late. But he is the kind of commenter that F:AT was made for in the first place.

"Wait...don't go..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3, Dr. Mabuse, The King in Yellow, SuperflyPete, Frohike

More
25 Sep 2017 19:38 - 25 Sep 2017 19:47 #254786 by SuperflyPete
Above is clearly a HR pitch to keep a valuable employee!

I'm not going anywhere, unless I drop dead. The Circus has withered and died due to lack of my ability to get games on the table anymore. I have a shelf full of shit that I love wholeheartedly but that will likely only be once-a-year kind of things. That's not who I am - I don't "collect" things for the sake of collection. I've owned probably a thousand games and yet I have less than a hundred now.

Here's why the Circus died:
-Shawn works nights at an old folks home.
-Mickey has MS, heart failure, and lung cancer almost killed him twice.
-Bailey got married to Clayton and moved away.
- Jessica went off to uni.
- Lee can hardly walk after shattering his spine in 3 places.
- Chris is ultra-busy. One of those guys whose kids are in 3 "activities" at a time. Never see him anymore.
- Mike died. Left the state to move to Vermont so he could kill himself and nobody would be around to see him. To wit: the smell is how they found him. Knew him for 22+ years; he was like me but not as bright, more argumentative, and absolutely certain about his superiority in all things. I loved him dearly, and he drank himself to death. Purposefully.
- Frank re-enlisted and got his shit blown loose in Afghanistan. He tried to catch and RPG, and actually did so. Lives in Kansas now. Arms gone. He's the only guy I know who was literally Army until he wasn't.
- Lis isn't into games much anymore unless the rules have one sheet and it only has dice.
- The eldest spawn has friends and grew both an attitude and boobs. Not interested in games.

The remaining Circus skews very light. VERY. So, I have to go to Columbus or Cincinnati to play games now. Which sucks. I have a couple local gamers who I play with but it's not often anymore.

My youngest is getting to the point that she's going to be using my tablet a lot for WolframAlpha maths and whatnot, and my pad is so old that using it as a music tool is untenable. I need a new one. Unfortunately, I have 89,000 on a mortgage, 21,000 on a HELOC for my remodel of the entire, mostly half-finished, basement into a massive master suite with bathroom, dressing room, walk in closets, and laundry. So, I can either lose a month and a half of payments to the HELOC ( we pay 500$/month) which is taking away from my oldest daughter's tuition money (read: Not fucking happening) or sell stuff I don't use.

In fact, I'm selling more than just games. I'm selling my beloved guns as well. That money will go to get my car back to Official Pimpmobile status, rather than Official Fuckedmobile, where it is now (needs new AC exchanger, requiring dash pull, headlights, weatherstripping, and a timing belt).

So, not going anywhere unless it would help to raise money!
Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 19:47 by SuperflyPete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, allismom3, Dr. Mabuse, Cranberries, The King in Yellow, Brewmiester, Frohike

More
25 Sep 2017 20:45 #254788 by Space Ghost
You got a buy it now price on Gang Rush Breakout?

More
25 Sep 2017 21:09 #254790 by Sevej
Take a break Pete. I've not played game for months! Haven't bought board games in probably more than a year.

More
26 Sep 2017 01:00 #254793 by jay718
Not for nothing, but i did JUST try to buy those Adventurers games off you a few weeks back...

More
26 Sep 2017 02:49 #254794 by cdennett
I'd just like to point out he's got a copy of Ascending Empires up there with no bids...the guys at BGG wouldn't know what to do with it, get on it!

Unfortunately the games you're selling that I care to own I already do. But you also mentioned selling guns. If you don't already have buyers lined up, there's a small chance I might be interested if you wanted to deal with shipping. PM me if you like.

More
26 Sep 2017 02:59 - 26 Sep 2017 18:03 #254795 by southernman
Just as well you're not leaving otherwise I'd have to fly over and kick yer butt around (and you won't like me when I'm angry) until you found your F:AT card again.
Sounds like you've got about as many gaming opponents as i have .... not cool.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2017 18:03 by southernman.

More
26 Sep 2017 08:57 #254799 by the_jake_1973
I have a dude at work who is looking for new weapons for his burgeoning arsenal. PM me if you are looking for prospective buyers.

Bummer to hear about the Circus.....that site is what brought me to this one. So, job well done I suppose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
26 Sep 2017 09:52 - 26 Sep 2017 09:55 #254804 by Jexik
It was nice to see you again the other day, Pete, even though I was kind of out of it. Pandemic Cthulhu was pretty decent, I thought. Maybe next time you can meet the family. I'd like to go down and see all of this terrain of yours at some point. Please get me your phone number in the event that you withdraw any further from here or FB.

Sorry that I can't buy any of your stuff right now.

the_jake_1973 wrote: Bummer to hear about the Circus.....that site is what brought me to this one. So, job well done I suppose.

Probably had something to do with it for me too. Not sure if it was him or Matt Drake (or some weird BGG/Heroscape collective subconsciousness) that led me here. I liked the articles here and stayed for the discussion of games.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2017 09:55 by Jexik.

More
26 Sep 2017 10:05 #254805 by metalface13
Pete has also been super rad in sending me boxes full of crappy minis. For free.

More
26 Sep 2017 10:29 #254808 by SuperflyPete
I have a spreadsheet I use to track Circus expenses (after all, taxation is theft and I actively try to limit that theft).

I have given away 28 games from the Circus, costing a total of 486$ in shipping that I spent. Had I kept those and sold them, I'd have my iPad and probably a Strat too!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds