Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 12 Feb 2018 13:47 #263453

My friend Mike was having the worst D and D session ever - He could not hit anything the entire night. AC 12 goblins. WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH. He made all his saving throws.

Turns out he had one of those d10's with 20 sides (0-9 twice) heh
  • boothwah
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 583
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Colorcrayons

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 12 Feb 2018 15:41 #263460

A friend and I were playing an epic game of Hannibal. Scipio Africanus was in the process of booting Hasdrubal out of Etruria. I celebrated by pouring a glass of Glenfiddich 18 year. During the final battle, (after which he conceded) my friend proceeded to roll dice off the table and onto the floor about a dozen times. When trying to seize initiative one of the last times, he tossed his die in my scotch. That was probably the only impact he had made during the entire game.
  • Unicron
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 139
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 12 Feb 2018 16:40 #263465

Gary Sax wrote:
KingPut wrote:
#4 Yesterday, I'm playing The US Civil War as the South in 1863. As Bobby Lee, I'm playing aggressive and attacking the North at ever chance I get but I leave Richmond open to attack by Meade. Meade attacks Richmond defended by only 4 troops and +6 fortification . With Longstreet in Richmond with a +6 fort I inflict 2 hits. Meade needs to roll at 5+ on 2 dice to take Richmond. It's my lucky day and Walt rolls a 3 with 2 dice and fails to take Richmond.

How is this? I've always wanted to play my copy.

I loved it but it's a monster long game. I'll post later in the "What games are you playing forum".
  • KingPut
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 474

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 12 Feb 2018 19:25 #263475

Michael Barnes wrote:
BTW I hate people who have the uncanny ability to always roll what they need. I have a friend like that. It is INFURIATING.

This is me in Runebound. My friends hate it, too. Need a 17 to beat a red challenge? 17. Need a 13 to win a PVP fight and take the Rage Blade off someone? 13. And the key thing is that it's always the exact number. If I need a 13, I don't roll a 14. I roll a 13. I don't know what it is. That's just my game, I guess.
  • Jackwraith
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ninja
  • Thank you received: 1072
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2018 11:15 by Jackwraith.

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 12 Feb 2018 21:22 #263481

Best for me results, playing Escape from Colditz with Barnes and after hearing all game that nobody ever escaped from the prison via the Commandant's Car, I stole that baby and rolled my way to freedom (requiring three perfect rolls).

Most memorable, playing a CCG tournament and rolling to go first. My opponent rolled a D6, I rolled a D20. Still lost. He had me keep the result too.
  • Jarvis
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 52
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 12 Feb 2018 22:01 #263484

I don't have an elaborate story, but anyone who has witnessed a slim chance of beheading in Gorechosen knows that elicits quite a response at the table!
  • hotseatgames
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 1795

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 13 Feb 2018 10:10 #263505

Probably still gotta be when I was using Ne-Gok-Sa in a heroscape tournament. The army was pretty legit, and I had beaten Parmenio down to just 1 life, but then NGS went all Shang Tsung on his ass and nat 20'd him for the win.

In the grand finals of the same 60 person tournament I came real close to stealing Q9 in a similar fashion. We had like 10 people watching.
  • Jexik
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 455

Your favor or best dice rolling moments ever 16 Feb 2018 16:12 #263782

I was playing a Tunnels & Trolls solo recently, and recording it for Youtube (because why not), when I made this epic saving roll... T&T rules for saving rolls: roll two dice and meet your target to succeed, doubles add and roll over.

If the URL doesn't take you to the exact moment directly (it doesn't appear to work in the preview), jump to 23 minutes and 42 seconds.
  • NeonPeon
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 36
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax
  • Page:
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds