October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

My Kaiju is Fight!

More
11 Mar 2018 23:41 #265344 by Colorcrayons
Since the new Pacific Rim movie is coming out, and Monsterpocalypse is now being resurrected, I figured it was time to rewatch the first film and play a game with the kids for maximum kaiju excitement overload.

Here is a battle report of my kaiju retheme of Gorechosen between myself as a handsome, yet diabolic gargantuan were-shark against the two spawnlings who decided to team up and play the good- two-shoes human robots.

The foggy morning in south Manhatten was suddenly disrupted by a gigantic sharklike creature erupting from the Hudson river. Beginning its path of destruction at the docks of Hell's Kitchen, its rampage was only halted by the appearance of the piloted robots of the Globally United Advanced Research and Defense (G.U.A.R.D.) in Midtown.

Initial setup:

Turn one:
Nova ESR takes to the skies and makes several manuevers through the city to take a flanking position behind Leviathron as Legionnaire boldy approaches to face off against it head on.

Leviathron accepts the bait, hungering to destroy, makes a running charge.

Legionnaire attempts to parry, but fails and is pushed into the Oil Refinery, destroying the structure.

Leviathron, now out of range of Nova ESR's weaponry, has gained the advantage of a brief respite versus technological strategies.

The titanium structures that the G.U.A.R.D. utlilize in their armor make their constructs immune to chemical hazards, so the effects of the Refinery's destruction just impotently fizzle against the shielding.

Legionnaire body slams himself into Leviathron. But the kaiju recovers quickly and maneuvers immediately into Legionnaires rear arc attacks the robotic interloper with a flurry of blows.

Sadly, Legionnaire cannot deflect any of these rapid blows, so he takes 12 wounds triggering 2 critical injuries that result in just pissing off the already frustrated pilot of the Legionnaire.

Legionnaire decides it is time to put space between him and the monster, allowing Nova ESR to cover his egress so that any functioning repair systems can engage.

Turn two:

After recharging behind a building, Legionnire sees an opportunity to engage the kaiju in melee, enough momentum for a rampaging strike was delivered. The kaiju wasnt caught of gaurd however, and much of th attack's intensity was blocked.

Nova has been attempting to lock on to her target during the melee, and takes advantage of the clear shot to be taken as she releases her wrist mounted cluster missiles against the monster doing 9 damage and triggering 2 critical injuries that Leviathron shrugged off.

Leviathron decides enough is enough from this harrying gnat. He turns and charges Nova to greet her face with his foot.

Loudspeakers on the robots crackle on as the pilot of Nova ESR shouts: "Señor Fish-Face is stupid!"

Nova ESR fills the air with balisstic death by activating her close proximity missile protocol causing 6 more wounds and triggering one more critical injury on Leviathron which only enrages him.
Leviathron screams: "I'm gonna ground you!"* as he grabs Nova ESR by her smoking wrists and flings her into the block of skyscrapers and only lightly damaging her. But enough to trigger a critical injury, causing her targeting system to become crippled.

Legionnaire responds in agreement: "Yeah, I want to shoot him in his tuna sandwich mouth!"

Legionnaire drew the last two initiative cards of the round...
As he turns to face the invader, the air if filled with crackling thrum of his plasma generator. Once his cannon locked on to it's target, a fantastic implosion preceeded it's righteous release as several bursts streaked towards leviathron.

The already heavily wounded kaiju could not withstand the torrent of fury however, as each critical injury compounded further injuries.

Barely avoiding decapitation, he became crippled then finally fell into a heap next to the hovering form of Nova ESR.

Amongst the cacophony, a slight roar of hopeful human cheers could be heard as the dust settled.
"Yeah! We did it!"
"Yeah, we kicked his butt! Go back to the gold fish pond, Dad!"

The papers the next day would herald the victory in the name of humanity.

*(Disclaimer: Children involved in this kaiju combat simulation were only lightly grounded)
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Almalik, Mr. White, hotseatgames, repoman, Sevej, ufe20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2018 07:54 #265352 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic My Kaiju is Fight!
Your production values are fantastic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
12 Mar 2018 19:46 #265510 by Colorcrayons
Replied by Colorcrayons on topic My Kaiju is Fight!

hotseatgames wrote: Your production values are fantastic!

XD
Thanks. Now gimme a job!
XD
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
13 Mar 2018 04:17 #265538 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic My Kaiju is Fight!
WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just putting first born up for sale - what, where is this game / !!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds