Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

TOPIC: Dungeon Degenerates

Dungeon Degenerates 10 Apr 2018 19:34 #267248

Base game or base game + Character Pack Bundle ($40 extra!)? There's also some world books that have 4 extra missions! in them that I will almost certainly skip. Likely going just the base game unless someone pipes up that against all odds the $40 extra is really really worth it.

Or nothing at all of course is always the option. This sure sounds like a unique fun romp though.
  • iguanaDitty
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 174
Last Edit: 10 Apr 2018 19:35 by iguanaDitty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Dungeon Degenerates 10 Apr 2018 20:02 #267251

The character pack is expensive...but they are really cool and some of the best ones. This is a game where characters add almost as much variety as scenarios do. I don’t have the world books, but I’ll eventually get them. Note that not all of them have scenarios!

If you are thinking about what you should buy in terms of what will vanish and never be seen again, definitely get the character pack.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • Thank you received: 6797
The following user(s) said Thank You: iguanaDitty, Gary Sax, Frohike

Dungeon Degenerates 10 Apr 2018 21:07 #267255

After my Dungeon Degenerates binge, I cracked open my KS copy of Darkest Night yesterday. I'm having a really hard time sitting through the rules. Everything about this just feels like a more rigid DD with all of the evocativeness polished out in a gauzy layer of grimdark fantasy cliche. Considering what I paid for it, I consider DD with the character pack to be a better deal. But maybe I'm just homesick.
  • Frohike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 534
The following user(s) said Thank You: iguanaDitty, Gary Sax, charlest

Dungeon Degenerates 12 Apr 2018 09:57 #267364

This game looks like the exact aesthetic inverse of Cave Evil and I'm here for it.
  • Stonecutter
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 290
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds