October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

MedioEvo Universalis

More
28 Mar 2011 11:09 - 12 Sep 2012 07:07 #92413 by Veldriss
Replied by Veldriss on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Hi all guys, I'm the author of prototype MedioEvo Universalis.
Sorry if I found only now this discussion.

Well, I'm working on prototype, so I made some changes:

New map divided in BASE + EXPANSIONS:

2 BOXES: 5 players + map BASE in the first box and the others 5 players + map EXPANSION in the second box

New player box and help table

Restailing of ALL cards:

Tecnology cards:

Technological advancement table:

Trade Table:

Historical heraldry on map:

New money:

New random event deck:

...and working on restailing map:

New ENGLISH forum:
www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3eu/index.php

... and more!!!

Details:

THX :)
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 07:07 by Veldriss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelitmon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2011 11:44 #92423 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Is there a simple post/site that gives the current status of this game ... and a brief overview of it now ?

More
28 Mar 2011 15:36 #92461 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
In looking at the forums, it also looks like there's a Cold War version in the making currently? Did I read that right? (if so, sign me up!)

More
28 Mar 2011 17:25 #92472 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
What the hell are the swords for????

More
28 Mar 2011 17:43 #92474 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Mr Skeletor wrote:

This game takes diplomatic backstabbing VERY seriously! ;)

More
28 Mar 2011 18:14 #92479 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Just tell me who I have to kill in order to get a copy!

More
28 Mar 2011 19:08 #92484 by Mr MOTO
Replied by Mr MOTO on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Notahandle wrote:

I believe it requires the blood of the innocent.

I WANT THIS GAME. SELL IT TO ME NOW.

More
28 Mar 2011 19:20 - 28 Mar 2011 19:40 #92488 by Veldriss
Southernman wrote:

Is there a simple post/site that gives the current status of this game ... and a brief overview of it now ?

www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3eu/vie...&t=1262&p=2683#p2683

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/318590/medi...s-boardgame-protoype

MedioEvo Universalis

Game of commerce, diplomacy, strategy and conquest.

- Number of players: 3-5 with BASE box, 6-10 with EXPANSION box. Added the "dead", which has rules to reinforce himself, attack and rebel territories of players poor defended.

- Age: 14 + players, the simplicity of the rules and structure of the game allow fast and easy learning ... then the players will choose from endless possibilities to create more complex strategies.

- Terrain: 7 types of terrain combined with city's fortifications and technologies give modifiers for movements and overpopulation.

- Trade: players have at their disposal sea and land transportations to trade 8 types of goods in 36 cities on the map to earn florins.

- Technological advancement: 36 technologies deployed in 5 families on a maximum of 4 levels improve their Reign in economy, trade, military and diplomacy. These technologies implement the features of other playing cards or allow to protect yourself from Calamities.

- Very rare events: calamities can disrupt and modify a lot all strategies... If the player is prepared, he will able to survive almost unscathed, otherwise ...

- Random Events: a series of positive and negative random events, but less catastrophic, will hit the various areas of land or sea in which the map is divided: storms, missions required by the Pope, tournaments between players, merchants who offer trade … etc.

- Development: the player has the opportunity to expand their cities, increase the fortifications and defenses, armies, military and commercial transport... and more.

- Playing cards: allow to improve armies and defenses, the construction of fortifications, taxes, diplomacy, the purchase of new mercenary's armies ... etc.

- Combat: the combination of technologies with the card game allows you to get a bonus set of modifiers during battles... and how about a nice Crusade? Don't forget to Corsairs, pirates and Mongol invasions.

- Diplomacy: 6 diplomatic options and Casus Belli with other players; 1 player also controls the Pope and must organize the Crusades... if the others Christian kingdoms try to refuse, Pope can excommunicate them... and if the Mamluks conquered Rome?

- Expansion: the player is invited to expand his Kingdom to create an empire.

- AIM of the game: get the most Honor Points from the various aspects of the game as: military expansion, killing an enemy General, conquering a Kingdom, winning a crusade, completing a mission … etc.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2011 19:40 by Veldriss.

More
28 Mar 2011 19:25 #92490 by Veldriss
Dogmatix wrote:

In looking at the forums, it also looks like there's a Cold War version in the making currently? Did I read that right? (if so, sign me up!)

Sorry, I started to help a young boy who want to create his boardgame, but when he saw that it was too long, he has stopped working.

More
28 Mar 2011 19:31 #92492 by Veldriss
Mr Skeletor wrote:

The swords are numbered and used to determine the sequence of players; they are redistributed at the end of each round, so You will not be always the first to play :p
Random sequence.

The first 2 swords go to auction... very interesting when the game becomes hot.

More
28 Mar 2011 19:37 #92493 by Veldriss
Notahandle wrote:

This is the only copy... tested and almost finished... but you must kill me in order to get a copy ahahaha... I'm trying to find an italian editor, but it seems impossible, so this year I start to try a foreign Publisher.

More
28 Mar 2011 22:25 #92510 by Mr MOTO
Replied by Mr MOTO on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Veldriss wrote:

This is the only copy... tested and almost finished... but you must kill me in order to get a copy ahahaha... I'm trying to find an italian editor, but it seems impossible, so this year I start to try a foreign Publisher.

Fine then, just give me your address. I need a vacation anyway and I might as well make it a productive one.

If you would like any blind testing done overseas, let me know and I'll get playtest it with a number of groups with different gaming tastes and get feedback to you.

More
29 Mar 2011 05:54 #92523 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Mr MOTO wrote:
" I believe it requires the blood of the innocent."
So. Octavian then.

Veldriss wrote:
" This is the only copy... tested and almost finished... but you must kill me in order to get a copy ahahaha... I'm trying to find an italian editor, but it seems impossible, so this year I start to try a foreign Publisher."
I know you must have, but please tell me you have back up copies of everything. The words "only copy" sends a chill down my spine. (A friend designed a clipper ship combat PBM and one day discovered that he couldn't find the file and concluded it had been accidentally thrown out.) Not that I'm suggesting you could accidentally throw out a game of that breathtaking magnitude.

Try to find an editor that won't make too many major changes. As for a foreign publisher, have you looked at kickstarter? It'll give you far more control over your game.

Mr MOTO wrote:
" Fine then, just give me your address. I need a vacation anyway and I might as well make it a productive one."
No, no, don't do it!! He's choosing his murder weapon as I type. That's what he really means by productive...

I can imagine a F:AT version of the movie It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World or The Great Race as we all race to Lovere with murder in our hearts! (Yes, I have a sick Weeksian mind sometimes.) :(

And for those who can't get enough of the pictures.

More
29 Mar 2011 06:37 #92525 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:MedioEvo Universalis
Notahandle wrote:

Mr MOTO wrote:
" I believe it requires ALL the blood of the innocent a cOckhead."
So. Octavian then.

Ensuring it will happen.

More
29 Mar 2011 07:46 - 12 Sep 2012 07:20 #92529 by Veldriss
Notahandle wrote:

Veldriss wrote:
" This is the only copy... tested and almost finished... but you must kill me in order to get a copy ahahaha... I'm trying to find an italian editor, but it seems impossible, so this year I start to try a foreign Publisher."
I know you must have, but please tell me you have back up copies of everything. The words "only copy" sends a chill down my spine. (A friend designed a clipper ship combat PBM and one day discovered that he couldn't find the file and concluded it had been accidentally thrown out.) Not that I'm suggesting you could accidentally throw out a game of that breathtaking magnitude.

Try to find an editor that won't make too many major changes. As for a foreign publisher, have you looked at kickstarter? It'll give you far more control over your game.

Mr MOTO wrote:
" Fine then, just give me your address. I need a vacation anyway and I might as well make it a productive one."
No, no, don't do it!! He's choosing his murder weapon as I type. That's what he really means by productive...

I can imagine a F:AT version of the movie It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World or The Great Race as we all race to Lovere with murder in our hearts! (Yes, I have a sick Weeksian mind sometimes.) :(

And for those who can't get enough of the pictures.

OLD gallery, I must update it, sorry.

My boardgame at LUDICA 2011:

my friends at PLAY 2011:

Saturday 26/03 at PLAY 2011

Sunday 27/03 at PLAY 2011

This is the ONLY material copy, I have 3 backup of all files in 3 different place :p

I sign up to kickstarter, thx, I will try to understand how to work it in next days.

LOL, I will wait you at Lovere for a row race on the Iseo lake, ahahahahah.

P.S. This the first big prototype version in 1999:
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 07:20 by Veldriss.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds