October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

MedioEvo Universalis

More
31 Mar 2014 02:42 #174706 by Count Orlok
Definitely avoid "the dark ages" for the Middle Ages, especially considering the fact that the 14th century is the beginning of the Renaissance. You could use the term "trecento", but that doesn't really work outside of Italy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2014 10:56 #174726 by Veldriss

Count Orlok wrote: Definitely avoid "the dark ages" for the Middle Ages, especially considering the fact that the 14th century is the beginning of the Renaissance. You could use the term "trecento", but that doesn't really work outside of Italy.

Quote all, I like 300, but there is a film with this title about Sparta and the Battle of Thermopylae... best to avoid.
Nice "Medieval World" or something along those lines...

---

I should have finished preparing the bottom of the sea before the casting ...

First of all, I fixed the borders of the sea with the lanyard braided leatherette, these are the "tools of the trade":

Here the start of work:

And here the end:

Then I placed the texts, printed on transparent film for laser printers ... note that the cut edge is not noticed for next to nothing. I also added the tail of a whale (it was in 2D):

I'm running to create a wreck that will be partially embedded in the resin:

Alon sent me the rose of the winds, arrived this morning: p
He sent me also the tests of the text made ​​with wood, but as you can see you can not handle three-dimensional text so small, so will opt for the printed text:

More info from here on: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...=2063&p=14324#p14318

More
02 Apr 2014 13:21 #174921 by Veldriss
Work continues ...

Wind Rose colorful and applied the texts printed on transparent film adhesive:

Wind Rose placed on the map:

Leveled the map before pour the resin:

Ready to add the reagent to the resin and begin to pour out:

Casting completed in just over three hours:

Full Map (click to enlarge):
File Attachment:

Despite past 21 hours, the resin this afternoon was not yet dried, so the cut is postponed to tomorrow morning.

More info from here on: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...063&start=100#p14325

More
09 Apr 2014 05:22 #175451 by Veldriss
Updates on the 3D map ...
After a series of problems we had with the resin (for those who want to read the whole rigmarole here: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...p?f=6&p=14339#p14338 )
I managed to complete the final stages at the carpenter.

Here a picture against the hardened resin:

Last phase cutting ... first of all cross cutting in the north for a sum of small errors, it will be slightly out of square (I think 5-7 mm from east to west), so first of all it took a moment to align the blade with the cut line.

This is the first cut:

Second cut:

Last cut:

Transport home with layers of foam ... the map is now at home, ready to undergo first treatment after cutting.
More info: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...=2063&p=14339#p14339

More
19 Apr 2014 15:50 #176138 by Veldriss
Staining with oil paint areas not playable, where I will place the decks of cards, the angel and the logo:

Almost finished this area:

Unfortunately, the photos do not do much the final result, but fell very well.

I glued the 6 letters of the areas of the sea on the transparent resin:

More info: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...=2063&p=14351#p14351

More
17 Jun 2014 14:17 #180673 by Veldriss
Replied by Veldriss on topic 3D MAP
And after a lot of waiting, here are the first pictures of the new 3D angel and the 3D logo that will adorn respectively to the bottom right corner and the top right corner of the map ... the artist is always HER: The Robber's Daughter www.facebook.com/pages/La-Figlia-del-Bri...416270741469?fref=ts

More
26 Oct 2014 14:18 #189334 by Veldriss
Replied by Veldriss on topic Re: 3D MAP
Hello everyone, sorry for the long absence, I update you on the news:

Thanks to the suggestions of some members of the official forum, I created a new section "Optional Rules and version HARD" where I shifted a series of rules and components that was part of the game BASE, without loss of mechanical and beauty of the game itself: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewf...2c716ea1c715444a1b0f
This section is so full of new ideas for playtest, the Maritime Republics, new cards EMPIRE and TECHNOLOGY and more.

This summer I have done a few games evening / night (all finished except 1) durations 6 to 7 hours, with new players that have allowed me to fixare further rules and think of some new ... some of these rules have already become official others are in the process of playtesting and some are already finished in the new section "Optional Rules and version HARD": www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=22

Conquer, Looting, Destroy: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9280

Removed the deck of AIMS from the BASIC box and replaced with a very simple mechanics, so it reduces the components for the production and lightens Reles: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...&t=93&p=14699#p14682

Retreat, Surrender, Prisoners And Transfer fee: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9296

Problem to enhance the civil buildings: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9294

Papacy, excommunication, tithes, RE-ELECTION, CRUSADES, etc ... collecting notes and rules HARD version to better define this aspect of the game. The set BASE for 3-5 players there is no provision of these rules if 10 extra armies to Rome for the Christian player who is chosen at random at the start of the match. The HARD rules for the Pope starting with the first expansion of the map for 6-7 players (French and Hafsids): www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...=9257&p=14740#p14522

APP for MedioEvo Universalis to automate some game mechanics: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8782

I am developing the new version of the map, this time the final one, with the latest fixes about Kingdoms, borders and heraldry: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...729&start=120#p14368

The 3D map remained on standby for now, I still have to decide on something that would lead me on 2 different paths for the realization of some details.

VASSAL module, an attempt by a fan of the boardgame to create the digital version: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9292

Look at what is creating our FAN inspired by my prototype: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9340

If there are enough subscribers to my table, I will participate to "DE BELLO LUDICO", players of central Italy take advantage: debelloludico.it/

P.S. Exceeded the official forum 1,000,000 hits! www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...t=120&p=14714#p14714
P.P.S. Exceeded 1000 FB "like"! www.facebook.com/pages/MedioEvo-universalis/338731266147194
Not many, but not even few considering the fact that the game is not in production.

More
22 Dec 2014 03:50 - 22 Dec 2014 03:53 #193163 by Veldriss
Replied by Veldriss on topic Re: MedioEvo Universalis

Mr MOTO wrote: I want to play this game.

www.medioevouniversalis.org/

Who is going to pay my fare to Italy so I can give a session report here?

Dear Mr MOTO, Ladies and Gentlemen ...

NEWS after the submission to the Publisher:
they are seriously interested in the game, but are considering a number of aspects before making a final decision (quotations, sales target, target of crowdfunding, rules, etc.).
If you would like this game to be produced, please write and tell it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you very much !!!
Last edit: 22 Dec 2014 03:53 by Veldriss.

More
26 Dec 2014 06:12 #193333 by Veldriss
While waiting for the publisher to give me a response ... it is time to begin to color the 3D map.
First of all, I chose the 10 colors to match the 10-player Kingdoms, about French I'm a little undecided between two shades of blue, while I think about it a little longer.
Here are the pairings and all other colors available:

First coat of green on the Kingdom of the Mamluks ... although some colors will be a little too bright, I decided to use them as they are in the original tube to facilitate me maintenance of the map in the future. I started with the reign of the Mamluks because it is the largest on the map and I realize if only one tube of paint just for 2 coats ... in theory it seems ...

2nd coat of color to the reign of the Mamluks over, 1st coat the Sultanate of Hafsids:

I placed all the colors matching them to the Kingdoms, is not yet a final choice, as I will carry out any changes.

More
10 Jan 2015 07:22 - 21 Jan 2015 17:14 #194707 by Veldriss
And after several years of waiting, of a long process of modifications and research, conventions, playtesting, discussions on forums to turn my prototype in a real game ... in the end I did it!

The Giochix www.giochix.it/ has officially announced will launch MedioEvo Universalis on giochistarter and kickstarter.

Still do not believe ... ahahahah
Last edit: 21 Jan 2015 17:14 by Veldriss.

More
21 Jan 2015 17:15 #195735 by Veldriss
News from Giochistarter : Medioevo Universalis

Probably the news has already reached any part of the world, but better confirm it on official way! Medioevo Universalis, the gargantual game made by Nicola Iannone, will be on Giochistarter! We still have to schedule the campaign, but probably it will be live on the first months of 2016.

Spread the news!

More
10 Feb 2015 15:13 #197330 by Veldriss
Replied by Veldriss on topic MedioEvo Universalis
Logo in low relief ready to be pasted on the 3D map:

... and obviously the Angel in low relief ready to be pasted on the 3D map:

More
01 Jun 2015 13:09 #203205 by Veldriss
News:
Giochix began working on Regulation: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9777

Update logo...
Before:

Now:

Game of 2 May: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9599

Game of 16 May: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9745

Possibility to divide the map in 15 Parts and create up to 35 combinations playable from 3 to 10 players:

More info and images: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...?f=17&p=15885#p15885

More
20 Sep 2015 10:46 #210999 by Veldriss
I went back to work on the 3D map because I have some free time ...

Here the combination of all the colors of the various Kingdoms: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...=2063&p=16125#p15495

Now I'm starting to look at trees, snow-covered fir trees and palms to order, I thought of using those with the stand or those to be inserted into a small hole (I would do with a nail on the map); Capochino on his forum suggested me use magnets to hook / unhook them from the map, I found different solutions on this, from the magnetized sheets to the magnets thin: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...=2063&p=16125#p16120
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Kingdoms coloration practically over, are missing only two small:

More photos here: www.medioevouniversalis.org/phpBB3/viewt...=2063&p=16120#p16125

Next STEP will sauted all the borders between the territories.

More
09 Oct 2015 14:11 #212236 by Veldriss
I ordered the trees, snow-covered fir trees and palms (all high between 35 and 45 mm.), I will use the thin magnets glued to the pedestal and to the map:

I started to draw all the borders between the territories, it will be a very long work and patience:

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds