October 09, 2023
2292 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

What game are you look most forward to playing in 2008?

More
23 May 2008 22:18 #7016 by KingPut
For me it's Battlestar Galactica. I'm hoping FFG can make a great traitor game. The idea of having a hidden traitor is great but so many games have failed. Shadows over Camelot, Saboteur and werewolf all fail to deliver a great traitor type game. One thing that might help is not knowing you are a traitor or Cylon right from the start. If each player started the game not knowing which side they were on they would act more selfishly vs. Shadows over Camelot and Saboteur where everyone on the side of "good" works together from the beginning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2008 22:26 #7017 by mikelawson
Well, the one that I'm most looking forward to trying is TI3. I'm trying to force myself to go and bring it out to the table sometime (probably in the fall, when the earlier setting sun = extended gaming time on Saturday nights).

--Mike L.

More
23 May 2008 22:27 #7018 by mikelawson
I also have to admit that if GMT gets it printed soon enough, I'd like to try Pax Romana.

--Mike L.

More
23 May 2008 22:42 #7020 by Aarontu
I'd love to play War of the Ring sometime. It's been over a year since I last played it. Combat Commander, too, I've only played my copy with a real live human once, and that was a long time ago.

More
23 May 2008 23:55 #7021 by Octavian
Agricola and the Race for the Galaxy expansions.

What?

-MMM

More
23 May 2008 23:59 #7023 by benny lava

More
24 May 2008 00:11 #7024 by vialiy
Advanced Civilization, I missed our annual game last year, I hope I can play this year.

I still haven't played Twilight Struggle F2F, I'd certainly like that.

I'm looking forward to get Chinatown, the new French version just came out.

And finally, if I stumble on someone who has Agricola, I'd like to see what makes it so FUNKAY.

More
24 May 2008 05:38 #7028 by Count Orlok
I've been out of the country since January and have been deprived of all gaming besides a ACTS game of Thirty Years War and Here I Stand. Pretty much anything would be nice, but I'm really looking forward to some of the new GMT releases. I'll be back in July, which will be nice, although I am really going to miss Denmark.

I'm looking forward to hopefully attending Dragonflight Seattle where I can get to try out some new games.

In particular, I can't wait to try Blackbeard, Manouever, the Command and Colors Expansions (especially epic play!) and with any luck one of the Musket and Pike games.

More
24 May 2008 05:52 #7029 by jur
I'm looking forward to playing 'Fire in the Sky' and Napoleon's Triumph.

Also I'm looking out for Age of Conan (FFG late 2008) and Battles of Napoleon: the Eagle and the Lion (Nexus summer 2008). Those damned Italians...

More
24 May 2008 06:31 #7030 by bryce0lynch
Octavian wrote:

What?

-MMM

You seem mighty defensive there ...

Tales of the Arabian Nights for me. (I love Star Trek the Adventure Game.)

More
24 May 2008 09:54 #7032 by Stephen Avery
I am going to duck tape my friends to the table and force them to play old games that I adore...Curse of the Mummy's Tomb, Gladiator, A big friggin set of heroscape,out of print CCG's.

I'm getting giddy with power at the thought.

As far a a great traitor game is concerned: I think the best way to go is have a growing evil that the players may turn traitor and join in an attempt to win. Retunr of the Dragon :Dungeons (In Helden der Underwelt) does a great job of this with the lure of easy power.

A long time ago I played one of Frank's games that was similiar. You capture kingdoms as the darkness grows. You can become evil and try to make darkiness prevail at which point everyone must stop you. MY Search Fu has failed me and i'll pm Frank to see if he can remeber the name.

Steve"Always Traitor"Avery

More
24 May 2008 10:45 #7034 by Gary Sax
Man, I don't even know where my gaming is going anymore. My only face to face partner, who I play some CDGs with, is moving away in August and at that point I'm back to PBEM only again. So I have no idea what I'm going to be playing. I pretty much told myself no more dumb purchases I'll never play in person and I've held pretty firm on that besides buying Triumph of Chaos.

The other part is that I started in this hobby like 2-3 years ago and I've cleared some of my backlog of games that "OMG I have to have before they go out of print" for wargames. There are still like, say, 3 or 4 games that I feel some imperative to buy, but not too much. Before this year I knew there were games that I really felt like I had to have before they were gone. I don't feel that as much any more. There are games I'd like but nothing that I feel totally compelled to buy.

More
24 May 2008 12:05 #7035 by ubarose
Z-man's Tales of the Arabian Nights. I've always loved this game, although it was quirky, clunky and only worked when played with people who were more interested in playing than in gaming, if you know what I mean. I was concerned that Z-man's version of the game might fix some of these issues at the expense of the spirit of the game. However, after speaking with Zev, I believe that Tales of the Arabian Nights is in good hands. I expected to be surprised and delighted by Z-man's Tales of the Arabian Nights.

More
24 May 2008 12:43 #7036 by Octavian
I'll be grabbing Arabian Nights as soon as it is available, but it's not at the front of my mind. 18th century farming has all of that real-estate spoken for at the moment.

More
24 May 2008 13:02 #7037 by SenorOcho
I've been promised a game of Prince of Chaos when Chris visits from Atlanta. For a gaming year that's consisted of very little that's more complex than San Juan, that's definitely something to look forward to.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.194 seconds