October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Kingsport Horror "Now on Sale"

More
02 Jun 2008 20:01 #7388 by ubarose
FFG website says that Kingsport Horror is "is now on sale at your local game store!" They also have a download of the rule book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2008 12:55 #7432 by Shellhead
I went to my local game shop last night and they didn't have it. There is no game store that carries Arkham Horror that is physically closer than my local game shop, as they are less than three miles away from Fantasy Flight headquarters in Roseville, Minnesota.

So I went to one of the store managers, one of the guys who knows me by name because I've been a steady customer for more than a decade. First he says, "we don't have it yet." Then he points at the guy standing next to him and says "why don't you ask the game designer." I said "Kevin?"

Anyway, long story short, there was an unexpected shipping delay, but it should be available any day now.

More
04 Jun 2008 12:57 #7433 by Ska_baron
Man, that is one hot FLGS...

where's the insanely-jealous-of-gamers-in-Minnesota emoticon?

More
05 Jun 2008 15:06 #7456 by Michael Barnes
I have it right now. I didn't realize that a kitchen sink was included.

GOOD GRAVY...hundreds of new cards to add to the thousands we already have...and when I went to incorporate the expansion into the shoggoth that is the base game plus the three previous expansions, I realized that I had somehow forgotten that I upgraded from the first to the second edition of the base game. So it's all completely unpunched, unsorted, and uncollated. WAGGH! Cards everywhere, it's madness!

More
05 Jun 2008 15:22 #7458 by Shellhead
You got the second edition of the base game? How do you like the newer Arkham map? I dislike it. The original was kind of a spooky nighttime setting, but the new one looks more like broad daylight, and also too similar to the Dunwich map. Also, the original Arkham map was based on a color version of the map from the outstanding Call of Cthulhu supplement Arkham Unveiled. The Kingsport board would be my favorite now, except that the rift tracking stuff covers up too much of the harbor.

More
05 Jun 2008 15:28 #7459 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, I like the old one better...but I like the consistency of fonts and colors better with the expansions. And there's a couple of fixes.

I asked Richard why they changed it and he said in his big ol' voice "Well, apparently the Italians or somebody liked the lighter board so they just did the new printing with it".

More
05 Jun 2008 15:35 #7460 by Shellhead
One of these days, I'm going to sit down with a stack of history books and finally learn how the brutally efficient Romans of yesteryear evolved into the frivolous Italians of today. I suppose I could ask my distant relatives in Rome, but the answer might prove as horrifying as the secret history of Innsmouth.

More
06 Jun 2008 10:37 #7482 by Shellhead
When I was at the game store Tuesday night, I asked them to order a game that wasn't in stock, the Paranoia cardgame that I never knew existed until someone told me about last weekend. And they already knew that I wanted Kingsport, so they put that down, too. So when Kingsport arrived in the store yesterday, they called me up and told me that it was in.

However, I haven't had the chance to even break the shrink wrap yet. My girlfriend had a fun evening planned for us, one that included watching drinking malt liquor while watching Elvira host a terrible old vampire movie as a very real storm raged outside. She works closing shift tonight, so I will finally get a chance to get a serious look at the Kingsport set. Yeah, I've already played a couple of games, thanks to Thaadd, but I kept getting pulled out of the game by phone calls from people who were late or no-shows, plus I missed a half hour of the first game while picking two players up who needed a ride.

More
06 Jun 2008 12:08 #7490 by SenorOcho
Our group played a game of it last night, using all four expansions because we're insane. Man, the Dreamer rocks face though.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds