October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about Eurogames here.

Little Italy

More
10 Jul 2015 11:12 #205941 by The*Mad*Gamer
Little Italy was created by The*Mad*Gamer

Day One Kniziathon underway! Started super light this morning with Little Italy!
Drake win with 15 bucks, I had 6 dollars, Megan had 13 dollars and Logan had 4 dollars!

Light and tight a fun game! I liked it! No need to repeat what Sag has said in his excellent article here:
www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/972863/litt...comparison-and-revie

The thing about most Knizia games is that you can get them to the table and actually played! if I don't have my usual game group I find I got at a maximum TWO minutes to explain the rules or my players lose interest and will give me that "This is too complicated look" Know what I mean? We have all seen that from non gamers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, OldHippy, boothwah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2015 15:10 #205961 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Little Italy
Grumble grumble, this game doesn't take all day to play and have pages of terrible story text, it can't possibly be any good, how can you REALLY FEEL like you are in Little Italy without 500 cards and die rolls?

I saw you had Spectaculum in your pile, let us know how that one is...supposedly it's kind of a stock market game, which I traditionally like.

More
10 Jul 2015 15:40 #205966 by The*Mad*Gamer
Replied by The*Mad*Gamer on topic Little Italy
The Schlossenator described it best in talking about Avalon Hill's Circus Maximus, a game which I love and own.
To enjoy Circus Maximus I need about 8 players that really understand the rather dense rules to really enjoy this game.
I can't do that!
I can't get 8 people to commit to this game so it sits on my shelf. The only place I could play this would be at the WBC
and this would cost me $1000+ travel costs, hotel, just to play this game?

However, I can play another race game Royal Turf with anybody, as I could with a game like Lord of the Rings Confrontation or Little Italy
I could play these games with a heavy gamer like Barnes or a non gamer, thus getting a lot of play from a game that doesn't become a shelf toad.
These X factor games (and Knizia has a lot of them) are what I look for!

More
10 Jul 2015 16:50 #205979 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic Little Italy

The*Mad*Gamer wrote: The Schlossenator described it best in talking about Avalon Hill's Circus Maximus, a game which I love and own.
To enjoy Circus Maximus I need about 8 players that really understand the rather dense rules to really enjoy this game.
I can't do that!
I can't get 8 people to commit to this game so it sits on my shelf. The only place I could play this would be at the WBC
and this would cost me $1000+ travel costs, hotel, just to play this game?

However, I can play another race game Royal Turf with anybody, as I could with a game like Lord of the Rings Confrontation or Little Italy
I could play these games with a heavy gamer like Barnes or a non gamer, thus getting a lot of play from a game that doesn't become a shelf toad.
These X factor games (and Knizia has a lot of them) are what I look for!

I have Circus Imperium and I think it's great, but it's going on the sell pile for the same reason. I really like Winner's Circle (which I think is the same thing as Royal Turf), and for something just a little more ridiculous we play Long Shot.

More
11 Jul 2015 08:29 #206000 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Little Italy
Little Italy is a dynamite lunchroom game where you'll mutter "goddammit" every time your turn comes up because someone just put your car out of position again. Picked this up for $5 years ago.

S.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds