October 09, 2023
2482 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2685 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Chicken Caesar? The Hotness?

• Steve Weeks
  • Steve Weeks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2012 15:10 #118637 by Steve Weeks
Replied by Steve Weeks on topic Re: Chicken Caesar? The Hotness?

Without Kickstarter, there'd likely not be an Alien Frontiers. So, let the market decide, and remember that Kelly Clarkson wasn't shit before American Idol, and that bitch can sing the blues.

I don't own Alien Frontiers or any CD by Kelly Clarkson.

I do own Mayfair Cosmic Encounter and Elvis Sun Sessions CD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2012 16:09 #118641 by Stephen Avery

Sagrilarus wrote: Here's a thought -- don't buy a game until you've taken a look at it in real life. You might get a better hit rate.

S.

Dman you Sag and your rational thought. I say burn the internet!!

Steve"Craving Destruction"Avery

More
08 Mar 2012 19:14 #118659 by bomber
I would very much like to see some kind of genetic splicing of Steve Avery and Steve Weeks (if they are not indeed the split personalities of some crazed individual). It would be like a boardgame big bang, immediately imploding the universe as we know it.

At the very least, can we not get them in a phone booth together, possibly wearing the same tank top with an ultimate FAT Trashdome.

• Steve Weeks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2012 19:28 #118661 by Steve Weeks

I would very much like to see some kind of genetic splicing of Steve Avery and Steve Weeks (if they are not indeed the split personalities of some crazed individual). It would be like a boardgame big bang, immediately imploding the universe as we know it.

At the very least, can we not get them in a phone booth together, possibly wearing the same tank top with an ultimate FAT Trashdome.

Genetic splicing goes against my religion but perhaps some creative splicing in the future may be in order. Truth be told I am very disappointed in Avery teaming up with Vasel for his CAPO game project. But I understand why he did it. He needed Vasel's wide audience to sell the game but a Weeks/Avery Game would have possibly been the big bang needed to get the hobby back on course.

Weeks/Avery Kickstarter? It could be no worse than Chicken Caesar! HA!

More
08 Mar 2012 21:08 - 08 Mar 2012 21:09 #118678 by Notahandle
dysjunct wrote:
" Anyone who thinks it's too silly for a real game should stick to games where you stroke your chin and convert various cubes into various other cubes."
So you're saying theme is unimportant? And to anyone who thinks that it is, you recommend Euros? Turn in your F:ATcard, sir!
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 21:09 by Notahandle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
08 Mar 2012 22:02 #118689 by SuperflyPete

Genetic splicing goes against my religion[/img]
You're anti-procreation?

(News flash: Mammals reproduce through genetic splicing)

LOL

• Steve Weeks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2012 22:05 #118690 by Steve Weeks

You're anti-procreation?

For 2 males, yes

More
09 Mar 2012 06:01 #118721 by dysjunct

Notahandle wrote: dysjunct wrote:
" Anyone who thinks it's too silly for a real game should stick to games where you stroke your chin and convert various cubes into various other cubes."
So you're saying theme is unimportant? And to anyone who thinks that it is, you recommend Euros? Turn in your F:ATcard, sir!

No, I'm saying that theme is important but silly themes are good too. Demanding only "serious" themes is a hallmark of the EuroSnoot, war gamer, or train gamer.

More
09 Mar 2012 09:26 #118723 by bomber

Steve Weeks wrote:

You're anti-procreation?

For 2 males, yes

oh come on steve, get out of that closet! you'd look great in a shiny sequined tank top and if you were "daddy" you could close your eyes and think of dolly parton!

More
09 Mar 2012 13:31 - 09 Mar 2012 13:32 #118737 by Stephen Avery

Steve Weeks wrote:

Genetic splicing goes against my religion but perhaps some creative splicing in the future may be in order. Truth be told I am very disappointed in Avery teaming up with Vasel for his CAPO game project. But I understand why he did it. He needed Vasel's wide audience to sell the game but a Weeks/Avery Game would have possibly been the big bang needed to get the hobby back on course.

Weeks/Avery Kickstarter? It could be no worse than Chicken Caesar! HA!

The Avery/Weeks Splicing experiment = A giant tank top wearing Mega Troll capable of incerating Eurogames with a mere glance,whose call would make a billion gamers cry with pain and ecstacy before it exploded into a giant atomic explosion.
I say we do it. Lets explode over Essen.

I'd love to do something with Weeks. I really regret bailing on the one DragonCon that I knew he as attending. I was frustrated at trying to round up my friends and trying to juggle some other stuff going on at home. - Still inexcusable. I don't know what I was thinking.

I think working with another person producing a stronger design (providing you can be flexable.) I'm trying to do some projects with Frank and Launius as well. You get a better perspective from having alternate input. When Vasel asked me to work on his idea, I jumped on it and I'm pretty happy with the product.

I *Cannot wait* to play it with some F:ATties. I can already imagine the manuvering and total deal making/breaking that is going to take place. It is going to be very cut throat. PRobably a good idea for everyone to start thinking aobut taking down Josh Look. I'm just sayin'

I'm going to get to try Chicken Ceasar the week after. I think you're right that there is a serious power struggle masked by cutesy art. We'll see.

Steve"Giant TRoll"Avery
Last edit: 09 Mar 2012 13:32 by Stephen Avery.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds