October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2655 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

I'd Buy That For A Dollar!

More
15 Dec 2014 17:44 #192815 by Bull Nakano
I've sold several copies of Warhammer Quest for ~$200 each time. I scoop up components lots and part these things together so there are more copies of this game out there. Think of me as a modern day Johnny Appleseed. The hardest part is finding the dang boxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2014 18:11 #192817 by Secret Satan
Bull Nakano- this is all very interesting and whatnot. But quit your jipper jabbering and report your package!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bull Nakano

More
15 Dec 2014 18:11 #192818 by Hex Sinister

Mr. White wrote: I sold a complete set of GW DungeonQuest (base and both expansions) several years prior to the FFG release. It was also completely painted. Sold for a little over $400.

Fuck. I sold mine (only one expansion though) but only got like... less than half that. I thought I did pretty good til now!

Does painting them add to the sales price?

More
16 Dec 2014 00:39 #192829 by Applejack
Sold a $30 Kickstarter pledge level of Boss Monster for $202.50. The cards were all sleeved, I had played it once.

Got $75 for Red Dragon Inn 4 and ally packs Cormac and Natyli, with KS promo cards. Cost me $35, sleeved all the cards (minus the oversized 'sea deck') and never played it.

A $100 KS pledge level of Zombicide Season 2 I sold for $260. Played it twice I think. And yes, I sleeved all those little item cards.

It amazes me people will pay so much for mediocre games just to have everything. Boss Monster is nothing special, and the Kickstarter-exclusive cards add very little to the game. Zombicide is an overpriced version of Zombies!!!, and neither is nearly as good as Gears of War. I might buy a copy of Red Dragon Inn again in the future, seems like a decent beer & pretzels game, and I would like to actually play it.

More
16 Dec 2014 07:49 #192838 by Gary Sax
I don't even bother selling shit anymore. I've basically just started sending games to people I don't want.

I hate sales.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost, ThirstyMan, JEM

More
16 Dec 2014 08:12 #192840 by Mr. White
I've never bought a game with the idea that I'd flip it and have definitely given away my share of games.

Regarding painted games, yeah, if the game is painted well it'll help the sale. That DQ set was painted very well, and I had put the minis on dungeon tiled bases, included some kit-bashed 'treasure markers' to put on the board where a hero died (so another hero could go there and collect their stuff). So it was a pretty pimped out set.

A few years later when FFG announced their re-release, I was stoked. That quickly cooled and I have yet to even play the new version. I just can't get up the motivation to seek it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
16 Dec 2014 08:38 #192842 by Gary Sax

Applejack wrote: Sold a $30 Kickstarter pledge level of Boss Monster for $202.50. The cards were all sleeved, I had played it once.

Got $75 for Red Dragon Inn 4 and ally packs Cormac and Natyli, with KS promo cards. Cost me $35, sleeved all the cards (minus the oversized 'sea deck') and never played it.

A $100 KS pledge level of Zombicide Season 2 I sold for $260. Played it twice I think. And yes, I sleeved all those little item cards.

It amazes me people will pay so much for mediocre games just to have everything. Boss Monster is nothing special, and the Kickstarter-exclusive cards add very little to the game. Zombicide is an overpriced version of Zombies!!!, and neither is nearly as good as Gears of War. I might buy a copy of Red Dragon Inn again in the future, seems like a decent beer & pretzels game, and I would like to actually play it.

You, my friend, are a genius. Have you ever been burned by a kickstarter speculation? How do you know which ones to select for dumbass aftermarket sales?

More
16 Dec 2014 09:25 - 16 Dec 2014 09:26 #192845 by The*Mad*Gamer
I made quite a bit off the sale of Alan Moon's Union Pacific. I don't remember how much, all I do remember is that the buyer was upset about the game bits coming out of the trays during shipping and being scattered in the box, he gave me neutral feedback on ebay.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2014 09:26 by The*Mad*Gamer.

More
16 Dec 2014 12:20 #192867 by fastbilly1
Like Jeb, I have mostly made money on selling Magic cards. I played heavily in Beta and Antiquities. So when Ice Age came around and I was getting out of it, I sold my mox's and dual lands, and bulk other cards for Skaven and Chaos Dwarves. Shortly after Games Workshop discontinued Chaos Dwarves. I then sold the bulk of my Warhammer figures to buy arcade cabinets.

More
16 Dec 2014 22:39 #192902 by Applejack

Gary Sax wrote: You, my friend, are a genius. Have you ever been burned by a kickstarter speculation? How do you know which ones to select for dumbass aftermarket sales?

I honestly didn't buy any of those games with the purpose of reselling them. I knew Zombicide would sell for a lot, because people go nuts for the many KS exclusive figures. The OCD collectors will overpay for another generic character when they could just print out the stat sheet and proxy the figure.

The Boss Monster sale was ridiculous. $200 for a game you can buy online for $17. All for some promo cards, an exclusive box sleeve, and a couple metal arcade-esque tokens.

If you're going to speculate on Kickstarter games, I recommend the big hits with lots of exclusives and freebies. If Cool Mini or Not does a Zombicide Season 4, I'd jump on that. Boss Monster was a big seller because it appealed to multiple demographics, namely board gamers and video gamers, and maybe even fans of pixel art. So yeah, popularity, exclusives, and appeal. Look for those.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds