October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

GW and FFG Breaking Up?

More
16 Sep 2016 09:32 #234392 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Mad Dog wrote: Will definitely be doing a Revisiting: FFG/GW Games thread in about six months to see what's lasted from all the FOMO buying.

...and how much they're reselling them for. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2016 09:43 #234396 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Chaz wrote:
I even went into the skeevy game store in my town looking for copies. I didn't find what I wanted, but I did find a dusty, sun-bleached copy of Horus Heresy priced at $100. I left it on the shelf.

\

HH has not been mentioned in the list of games going away I think because it was effectively out of print at FFG for awhile now, but obviously it ain't gonna come back into print. Be interesting to see if the price on the secondary market sees any movement.

More
16 Sep 2016 09:55 - 16 Sep 2016 09:55 #234398 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Chaz wrote: I finally gave in and decided to order BBTM and the expansions. Found out I missed the window and it's sold out everywhere except FFG direct. I'm hoping they come back in stock at regular retailers because I remember FFG's shipping being borderline extortionate.

I even went into the skeevy game store in my town looking for copies. I didn't find what I wanted, but I did find a dusty, sun-bleached copy of Horus Heresy priced at $100. I left it on the shelf.

Fucks sake man, if you want the game AND they have it, just order it already while you still can. The shipping won't be nearly as bad as however much the asshole you buy it from on the secondary market tacks onto the MSRP. It's truly a great game, and it will never be back in print.

Edit: Looks like they're already sold out of Foul Play.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 09:55 by jay718.

More
16 Sep 2016 10:11 - 16 Sep 2016 10:12 #234400 by Michael Barnes

MattDP wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote: I just got Diskwars again too...$20. Looking for another core and the expansions...

I'm not buying a second base set.

I am NOT.

Stop staring at me.

But there are base set units where you want 3 or more and you only get 2.

Found a Legions of Darkness for $20 shipped. Now I need a deal on Hammer and Hold

Does ANYONE have proximity to Foul Play? I gotta have it.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 10:12 by Michael Barnes.

More
16 Sep 2016 10:21 #234403 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Thing is that I haven't played it before, and it was only kinda on my radar before now. FOMO is the main thing motivating it. If I don't get it now and the price shoots up, I just won't buy it. If I could get it for MSRP or a bit less, I'd be in. But I'm pretty sure FFG will wind up charging me another $20 in shipping, which is just dumb.

More
16 Sep 2016 10:55 #234409 by SebastianBludd

Mr. White wrote: Yeah, I _think_ I bought the two death angel pod expansions I needed.

The good news is, I just checked The Warstore and Deathwing and the Tyranid POD for SH:DA are both showing as being out of stock, so I'm hopeful that means their website was accurate when it showed them as being in stock when you and I ordered them.

More
16 Sep 2016 12:14 #234420 by Michael Barnes
My copy of Woodlands is supposed to be here today from The War Store. I emailed him Tuesday on FOD and they were supposed to get restock Wednesday but I've not gotten a shipping notice on it.

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, There is Only FOMO.

More
16 Sep 2016 12:23 - 16 Sep 2016 12:52 #234421 by ChristopherMD
My WarStore order from 9/9 is now showing the Tyranid Expansion backorder filled. Mission Pack still backordered.

Edit: Got an order confirmation that both are in stock and will be shipped.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 12:52 by ChristopherMD.

More
16 Sep 2016 13:45 #234425 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

jay718 wrote:

Chaz wrote: I finally gave in and decided to order BBTM and the expansions. Found out I missed the window and it's sold out everywhere except FFG direct. I'm hoping they come back in stock at regular retailers because I remember FFG's shipping being borderline extortionate.

Fucks sake man, if you want the game AND they have it, just order it already while you still can. The shipping won't be nearly as bad as however much the asshole you buy it from on the secondary market tacks onto the MSRP. It's truly a great game, and it will never be back in print.

Edit: Looks like they're already sold out of Foul Play.

FYI, thewarstore finally shipped my order which includes Foul Play, so they did some good work scrounging copies from distribution. Don't cancel your orders just because something went on backorder.

More
16 Sep 2016 14:49 #234428 by mads b.
Replied by mads b. on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
My FLGS had ordered extra Warhammer Quest expansions, so I just bought the two new characters. Would also love to get the Deathwing expansion for Death Angel, but I haven't played it in a while. And when I play it, I don't feel like I need more stuff after adding the Tyranids. (On a DA side note I just use the different multiplayer 1-locations even when playing solo with three teams. Maybe it skews the balance, but I like the variety).

More
16 Sep 2016 17:15 #234430 by Michael Barnes
Hey this is Neal again, and I am glad to say that your order has shipped! :-)
Below is the shipping and tracking information.

DATE: 9-Sep-2016
WEB ORDER # 284990
OUR ORDER #: 470522

SOLD TO:
========
michael barnes
United States

==================================================================
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 FFG GW09 Fury of Dracula (Third Edition) $44.99
==================================================================

More
16 Sep 2016 17:37 #234432 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
TheWarStore shipped all of the Talisman stuff I ordered except The Reaper and City, which I tracked down locally.

I may end up with an extra copy of each of the two POD expansions since I got jumpy when they showed up as backordered...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
16 Sep 2016 17:40 #234433 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

wadenels wrote: TheWarStore shipped all of the Talisman stuff I ordered except The Reaper and City, which I tracked down locally.

I may end up with an extra copy of each of the two POD expansions since I got jumpy when they showed up as backordered...

If you do, I'd love to take the POD expansions off of your hands. They're the only Talisman content I don't have. Let me know!

More
16 Sep 2016 19:09 #234451 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Just got an email from Cardhaus. They restocked a bunch of FFG stuff. Not sure how long it will last.

More
16 Sep 2016 19:36 #234453 by Michael Barnes
I posted this in the other trade/sale thread with a list. I checked, FOD is out already. I think that out of everything that got pokkyclipsed, that is going to be the highest value item. I believe that there are still some floating around in distribution, but after another round of reorders from retailers I think we will see those dry up pretty quickly with many going into the hands of speculators. I also believe that there are actually, right now, probably enough to go around in the short term. It's next year that it is going to skyrocket. The key is that the game has been in print for less than a year, so there is simply less of it available in any market than something like even CitOW, which had a long print run and who knows how many thousands of copies sold over the years.

I would not be surprised to see a ton of PODs in the Winter sale. Since FFG prints those in-house, there is nothing stopping them from just running off as many as possible by November. Or even having them after the new year, up until the February deadline. So I'm actually a little more cautious on those, especially the WHQACG ones, which are easily reproduced- you can just make a printout and stick them in a card sleeve and they are functionally the same as the real thing- and they don't get shuffled in with other cards or anything like that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds