October 09, 2023
2449 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2649 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

What imaginary Kickstarter would you back?

More
07 Oct 2016 21:15 #235791 by engineer Al
So thanks to this thread I have now become a bit obsessed over this Land of the Giants game. Thas has got to be the best box art I have ever seen!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2016 05:02 #235795 by Hadik
A Maschinen Krieger ZbV 3000 miniatures game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
08 Oct 2016 10:36 #235797 by SuperflyPete
I would back a project that sold a professionally built version of a shake weight glued to a fleshlight. I'd buy 10 of them so that every time someone pissed me off, I could mail them one with a note, "GO FUCK YOURSELF"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadik

More
08 Oct 2016 11:22 - 08 Oct 2016 11:23 #235800 by Cranberries
Someone should kickstart Hirst style molds for Heroscape terrain.

www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30683
Last edit: 08 Oct 2016 11:23 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
01 Nov 2016 09:45 #237283 by Msample

daveroswell wrote: The Warriors board game.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/62282519/the-warriors-turf-war-0

Barely eked out the pledge goal.

More
01 Nov 2016 14:06 #237296 by Jexik
craig van ness talking to whoever he needs to to make star wars heroscape a thing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Cranberries

More
01 Nov 2016 18:04 #237313 by Thrun

Jexik wrote: craig van ness talking to whoever he needs to to make star wars heroscape a thing

Wow, surprised to hear you of all people say that. Firstly as you surely know the guys at heroscapers already did this. Secondly, as cool as the idea might be momentarily, Heroscape doesn't need Star Wars, and limiting the game to a specific movie is not a good idea. The great thing about Heroscape is the amazing variety of different units, genres, universes etc, samurai with killer robots flanked by vipers with men in black laying down cover fire for Roman legionnaires. Craig van Ness needs to talk to whoever he needs to talk to only to get some kind of real Heroscape back in production, cheap and available to the throngs of people who don't even know it's their favourite game yet. And it don't even need any fancy hirst terrain bits. It looks just fine as it is, more than fine. It's perfect how it is, apart from being long since out of production.

Do a Kickstarter for some best units packs or Classic favourite figures or a new master set that matches the style of the original and put in pirates and Minotaurs and god knows what else they're missing. Please let's not just lay waste to a great concept in the big fat corporate dustbin of the fucking famous franchise tie in. And this is coming from someone who wishes darth Vader appeared in pretty much every film ever made just to say some shit in his own special way and then exit stage left, dropping the mic on the way out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

More
01 Nov 2016 20:57 - 01 Nov 2016 21:09 #237324 by Jexik
Star Wars is about an 8/10 for me as far as cool settings goes.

But when it comes to toy tie-ins that get other people excited, it's huge. Fans can create awesome stuff, and they might even design more interesting units than CVN or Rob Daviau, but the reason that Heroscape got as many die hard fans was its ubiquity. You put a game like that in front of enough people at Target and Walmart, and some people were bound to get hooked.* An A+ amazing custom design will not draw in as many players as an A- blister pack that they can buy at Target for $10 after looking for fall clothes. Heroscape took miniatures to an unprecedented (or post... cedented?) level of accessibility. I don't think Duels of the Planeswalkers was the right fit, because neither Heroscape fans nor M:tG fans got the game they expected out of it. Star Wars already has heroes and squads built in, iconic characters, etc. That's where Marvel failed for me- I loved the squad aspect of the game more than a big slugfest between two big heroes.

Maybe I should just try Imperial Assault. Or find the time to play X-Wing more, because man, that game's great.

*This is why I don't like Sirlin's design approach. He focuses on making games tournament worthy, and assuming that players will follow his hardcore nougaty center of players. The first step to making a popular tournament game is figuring out how to make a popular game.

If the licenses fit, I probably wouldn't care. LotR? The Last Airbender? Why not? If it can have heroes, squads, and fun powers, I'm in. Absurdly high point total damage soaks that have lots of turns where nothing happens? No thanks. Star Wars just makes the most sense to revitalize the game system since we're about to be in the middle of a ton of Star Wars movies.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2016 21:09 by Jexik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, Thrun

More
02 Nov 2016 04:29 #237328 by Thrun
good comeback! theres no doubting that a Star Wars themed Heroscape with the same quality as the original and including custom star warsy terrains and Buildings would be a huge seller.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds