October 09, 2023
2476 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2681 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Z-man sold to Filosofia

More
27 Jun 2011 16:39 #98617 by hotseatgames
I got to meet Zev this weekend at Origins. Seems like a really nice guy, and I congratulate him on his success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2011 19:42 #98635 by SuperflyPete
Glad nobody called me to hook up (hint, hint, Hotseat)at Origins.

I just published the write-up, but basically I didn't sit there to wait and see what the result of my MayDay fun was. I heard Seth talking to someone, so maybe he didn't notice, but like they say, "Some jokes are just for me."

Check the report out on my site or here at the Fort blog. I have NO news from big companies as my goal was to give some love to the little guys out there this time around, and I have an assload of news about little guys you may not know about. Plus some humor, maybe.

More
27 Jun 2011 20:10 #98638 by hotseatgames
Sorry... had I gone to play games I'd have most definitely tried to get together. I only went for one day, and strictly hung out in the exhibition hall. Talked to different publishers, designers... really just trying to make some more contacts.

Next year I think I'll do a multi-day thing and...gasp...actually play a game at Origins. I've gone twice and have never played anything.

More
27 Jun 2011 21:21 #98651 by ZMan
Replied by ZMan on topic Re: Z-man sold to Filosofia
Hey, guys:

Just got back from Origins. I posted something on BGG about it. In a nutshell it is a good thing for me. I got a good price and get to continue doing what I like without the administrative/business side of things which I don't like.

As for Earth Reborn. Yes it did not sell as well as I wanted but I have not given up on it. I put it up on Tanga to get more exposure for it and sold a lot of it. Then I got some restocks for it form distributors. So perhaps the marketing push was a success (at least for the time being).

I did print a lot of it because I took a chance - and sometimes it works out and sometimes not. But because I printed a lot of it I was able to keep it at a decent price. It just hurt me that the game missed 3 conventions and therefore did not get buzz. When it finally did come out it was less than 2 weeks from Xmas: so I was able to ship initial sales but you know nothing else was going to happen for weeks after that.

Anyway, I do hope ER grows some legs and starts moving better. But if not, I got a slew of games that are doing very well, so I'm not complaining at all.

Zev

More
27 Jun 2011 21:39 #98652 by OldHippy

ZMan wrote: Hey, guys:
As for Earth Reborn. Yes it did not sell as well as I wanted but I have not given up on it.
Zev

Awesome news. Just coming on and saying that means to me I'll look more closely at your catalogue if I do buy games again soon.

Incidentally, how many copies of the base game do I need to buy in order to guarantee an expansion?

More
27 Jun 2011 22:07 #98654 by Michael Barnes
Congratulations, Zev! There's absolutely nothing negative or bad about starting a company, growing it, and then cashing it in- that's good business. I hope this deal will give you some more family time, freedom, and money to do what you love.

As for Earth Reborn, the fact that it's not sold well is criminal. It beats the pants off of Mansions of Madness and any number of other "AT" games that have released in the past six or seven months. It's one of the best, most interesting games of the year and it's the reason I sold almost all of my tactical miniatures games other than Space Hulk. It's such an amazing system when you dig into it and don't cow away from the rulebook or card layout. Halfway through the year, I'd definitely put it on my shortlist for Game of the Year (Merchants and Marauders would be there too).

More
28 Jun 2011 00:18 #98658 by Mr MOTO
Replied by Mr MOTO on topic Re: Z-man sold to Filosofia
Zev!

Don't leave us out in the AT cold!

Congrats and I hope you retain as much control as possible over the next three years.

More
28 Jun 2011 00:29 #98659 by Stephen Avery
Grats Zev- You the Man!

So now that you've sold Zman Games, can Paul be my new right hand man?

Steve"Tichu Master"Avery

More
28 Jun 2011 00:53 #98660 by SuperflyPete
If only a prolific syndicator like myself were to play ER and give it an amazing review... :)

I saw it being played at the Board Room and it looked wicked cool. Someday when I have some money or someone trades me I'll get that bastard in my hands and get it going. I'm slowly but surely coming around. First, though, I need to get Ascending. That game rocks, and it should be the GotY of 2011. That's my second purchase, right after Survive. Once the birthdays are done and the hardwood floors are in I'll have the time and money to get back into my game buying.

As it rests, the sad fact is that while I really like Conquest of Nerath and Battleship Galaxies (15 plays now) I find myself still going back to Epic Duels, Heroscape, El Grande, Tikal, and other favorites when I can. I'm even in the midst (because of that bastard Avery) of casting a million little Hirst bits to make the most bad-ass Epic Duels/Space Hulk/Mutant Chronicles terrain ever constructed.

More
28 Jun 2011 02:09 #98664 by Bulwyf
Replied by Bulwyf on topic Re: Z-man sold to Filosofia
Congrats on the sale Zev! Hopefully this deal will let you do more of what you like and less of what you don't. Keep those great games coming too!

-Will

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds