October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2658 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Black Barney's YouTube Channel

More
07 Mar 2013 21:43 - 07 Mar 2013 21:44 #146515 by Green Lantern
Last edit: 07 Mar 2013 21:44 by Green Lantern.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2013 22:41 - 07 Mar 2013 22:42 #146519 by Schweig!

Green Lantern wrote:

Schweig! wrote: How can someone derive fun from making ironic moronic comments on the internet?

Fixed that for ya.

Could it be that the irony of my comment was lost on you?

fortressat.com/cartoons/3815-schweigs-tales-of-the-fatastic-2

I don't get it.

I'm just happy that Barney got that one; that's all I'm asking for.

You though - I don't even know you...
Last edit: 07 Mar 2013 22:42 by Schweig!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
08 Mar 2013 00:27 #146543 by Green Lantern

Schweig! wrote: Could it be that the irony of my comment was lost on you?

Oh yeah. If there's irony in there I missed it. Sarcasm perhaps but no irony. Unless you were commenting on the fact that your weekly cartoon was celebrating approximately the same subject matter this week. Which happens to be all I was commenting on.

Schweig! wrote: You though - I don't even know you...

No problem. I'm not looking for a long term relationship right now anyway, sugah.

More
08 Mar 2013 00:48 #146544 by OldHippy
One of many reasons I don't play on line is this, not necessarily this guy in particular who seems ok at the shitty banter thing, but this attitude of talking like this in general is really irritating.

I remember the last time I was on line some guy was calling me "faggot", "kike", "nigger" etc... and then he says: "It's ok if I use that word because I'm black." Are you gay and Jewish too I thought, but didn't say anything. In any case the guy thought he was way funnier then he actually was and instead should have said: "It's ok if I talk like that because some of my best friends... are racists." or "It's ok if I talk like that because some of my best friends are black... for Halloween." or something along those lines. These people aren't shocking to me, they are dull. Using taboo words because you've been told not to isn't shocking, it's predictable. Every kid who every got a cookie from the top shelf knows all about this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern, mikecl

More
08 Mar 2013 01:53 - 08 Mar 2013 01:54 #146550 by Schweig!

Green Lantern wrote: Oh yeah. If there's irony in there I missed it. Sarcasm perhaps but no irony. Unless you were commenting on the fact that your weekly cartoon was celebrating approximately the same subject matter this week. Which happens to be all I was commenting on.

I don't understand what you're going on about.

I wrote an ironic comment on the internet saying that I don't know why people write ironic comments on the internet.

If you are under the impression my cartoon "celebrates" the use of obnoxious language in online gaming, then I'm afraid you really "didn't get it".
Last edit: 08 Mar 2013 01:54 by Schweig!.

More
08 Mar 2013 02:11 #146551 by Hatchling
...sugah.

More
08 Mar 2013 13:06 #146580 by Green Lantern

Schweig! wrote: I don't understand what you're going on about.

My interpretation of your cartoon was that the general population has certain preconceived notions about gamers, so when you posted your confused response in a thread about a dude perpetuating the misconception that all video gamers are foul-mouthed twelve year old boys it struck me as funny. It seemed appropriate since Loter seemed to be trolling Barney in the cartoon. I got a good chuckle out of it even if I didn't "get" the cartoon. Which I did BTW. I was just parroting your comment in Pete's thread in a failed attempt at sarcasm.

More
08 Mar 2013 13:29 - 08 Mar 2013 13:30 #146584 by Green Lantern

Schweig! wrote: I wrote an ironic comment on the internet saying that I don't know why people write ironic comments on the internet.

Who made the first ironic comment? That's what I missed. My moronic correction was in reference to the twelve year old impersonator. My apologies if I took your comment out of context. I really wasn't trying to come off as a douche.

Schweig! wrote: If you are under the impression my cartoon "celebrates" the use of obnoxious language in online gaming, then I'm afraid you really "didn't get it".

Yeah, celebrates isn't the right word. Leverage might fit better. My bad.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2013 13:30 by Green Lantern.

More
08 Mar 2013 13:39 #146586 by SuperflyPete
Lantern, you're so far off the mark that your arrow just impaled some random alley cat.

The joke in the cartoon was very simple: When people say they game it up, 99.999% of people assume you're talking about video games. The punchline (third frame) was that Matt isn't 'video gaming', he's tossing dice, pissing off Barnes, and watching Steve Avery be stoned out of his head.

I don't even know how vulgarity came into the conversation regarding his cartoon.

The whole thread here wasn't about vulgarity, it was about the fact that these players are being mocked by what they believe is a 12 year old, and they don't simply quit. They'll take the abuse because they think they can beat the kid and get their scores up or whatever.

And the kid, as foul-mouthed and obnoxious as he is, is incredibly creative in his insults. Calling someone a douchebag is one thing, telling him that banging his sister would be a step up from banging his rhino wife is another.

And I'll never forget that "tonguepunching his fartbox" line. I laughed about that all night.

More
08 Mar 2013 13:39 #146587 by Hatchling

Green Lantern wrote:

Schweig! wrote: I don't understand what you're going on about.

My interpretation of your cartoon was that the general population has certain preconceived notions about gamers, so when you posted your confused response in a thread about a dude perpetuating the misconception that all video gamers are foul-mouthed twelve year old boys it struck me as funny. It seemed appropriate since Loter seemed to be trolling Barney in the cartoon. I got a good chuckle out of it even if I didn't "get" the cartoon. Which I did BTW. I was just parroting your comment in Pete's thread in a failed attempt at sarcasm.

Wow I can totally see how you arrived at that interpretation! This is like a game of Dixit, where people chose the same picture but have totally different interpretations that match it to the story-teller's clue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds