October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2693 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Pinball FX2 on Steam

More
19 May 2013 14:27 - 19 May 2013 14:31 #152458 by ThirstyMan
Right then. Let's get a bit organised.

Firstly, Superscores mean fuck all because the more tables you have, the more your Superscore will be so fuck that. Pinball Wizard score relies on your mates having tables so fuck that as well.

Secondly, I am challenging you all on the Wolverine and Spiderman tables. So get your shit together and get on those tables if you have them. If not you'll have to wait for me to waste you on whatever table you have deemed fit to invest in.

I notice Thrower has been practicing on Spiderman and achieved 5Mil or so.

I'm not wasting the frigging 25 hrs already spent on that fucking Wolverine table!!

Not buying a new set of tables until I can get at least 50Mil on the four I already have.

Accept or live forever remembering that you could have tried but you had domestic chores to do.

Also Moss_Icon stop buying trillions of tables and getting 1Mil on each, thereby having a huge Superscore, talk about pay to win in MMOs...

The rest of you, invest $10 in four tables (the Marvel ones first, so you can suffer a beating) and get practising. The base game is free but you get no free tables with it although you can have a short go at any of the tables, just to sample.
Last edit: 19 May 2013 14:31 by ThirstyMan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2013 14:42 #152460 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam
5 mil on Spider-Man? 50 mil on Spider-Man? I won't dishearten you by telling you Space Ghost's score on that table. You'd need to put a few 0's on the end of your target score. Of course, he plays on Xbox with the rest of the men not on steam.

Seriously though, I found the Wolverine table to be much much harder than the Spidey table.

My thoughts for future table buys...

Excalibur and Rome are probably my favorites.

The X-men table is complicated but cool.

The new Star Wars tables are very fun. The Empire table is hard but super cool.

The Vengeance and Virtue tables (Thor, Ghost Rider, etc) are pretty good although Space Ghosts score on Ghost Rider is stupidly high.

More
19 May 2013 17:23 #152466 by moss_icon
Replied by moss_icon on topic Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam

ThirstyMan wrote: Also Moss_Icon stop buying trillions of tables and getting 1Mil on each, thereby having a huge Superscore, talk about pay to win in MMOs...

erm, what are you talking about? i only have the 3 star wars tables.

More
19 May 2013 17:34 #152467 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam
OK. No probs I just saw your Superscore rise and thought you might have loads of tables.

Repo only kids use Xbox, real men use proper graphics on the PC.

More
19 May 2013 17:54 #152469 by moss_icon
heh, no. maybe the star wars tables are easier, but i have 10mil+ on each so far.

More
19 May 2013 17:56 #152470 by bomber
Replied by bomber on topic Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam

repoman wrote: The Empire table is hard but super cool.

O;MG thanks for this, I was wondering if I was just a complete turd, I am USELESS at pinball, like I dont get it, all that shit on the table, wait, what, where? what do I hit, where, when, why???? too much visual info, what some text up at the top AARRGh ball gone. I have a high of 8 million and seem to get about 2 or 3 on average, which I know is pretty dire.

Are there any like tables for complete fucking pinball dummies?

More
19 May 2013 18:04 #152471 by moss_icon
The Clone Wars table is a lot easier than that one, it's much more straight forward, mostly you are just shooting the loops.

More
19 May 2013 18:51 #152473 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam
The older non-license tables are much less visually overwhelming and less cluttered. Rome and Mars are pretty straight forward. Not easy mind you. Getting to the wizard stage of Mars is fucking impossible but there aren't 20 overlapping ramps or blocked areas that you can't see.

With the newer tables I play for a bit just hitting the ball around and then pick out a thing or two to read about on the rule sheet. Learn how to do those things and then go back and read about some other mode.

The difficulty with the new Star Wars table is that it has modes within modes. Like the first set of scenes...activate the scene, then hit the hole by the bumpers 3 times to recover your light saber , then hit the center Star Wars target 3 times to defeat the Wampa, then hit the lit shots until you find the random one that let's you find Luke, then hit the probe droid target three times to blow it up. How in the fuck are you gonna learn all that when it isn't spelled out in the rule sheet? Have your wife read the display while you focus on keeping the ball alive like I did.

More
19 May 2013 18:53 #152474 by ThirstyMan
Here's some stuff for ldsdbomber

Basic techniques
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomber

More
20 May 2013 10:02 #152490 by Matt Thrower
Yeah the superscore table multiplier is awful. I've rarely seen such a transparent, manipulative attempt at using a mechanic to sell stuff outside of games aimed at kids.

Doesn't stop FX2 being brilliant though.

Thor is my table of choice at the moment, because I actually understand what's going on. I'm rubbish at pinball. Sadly for me I also think it's great fun.

More
20 May 2013 11:18 #152492 by ThirstyMan
Tried the Spiderman table last night and got 17M without really thinking about it. So, Spiderman is the table for all you creche rugrats while Wolverine is for the more masochistic amongst us.

Take your pick.

Dogmatix, get your act together and hit Wolverine so I'm not doing everything solitaire.

ldsdbomber, I expect to see your pathetic whiney scores appearing on a Marvel table soon. Don't tell me you don't have the dosh to fork out $10 for it...you live in fucking Sweden for god's sake and can afford to go to the cinema hence you can splash the cash for countless hours of entertainment with you, me and your trophy wife (just a guess). How very Swedish !!

Thrower get back on the Spidey table tout suite.

Moss_Icon splash the cash and get some Marvel in your veins (even though your superscore will rise miraculously).

More
20 May 2013 12:03 #152493 by moss_icon
Would be nice to compete on tables that other people are playing. Will give it some consideration!

What are the Steam names of other players? I only have Matt & Andy on my list at the moment.

More
20 May 2013 18:48 #152521 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam
I'm Dogmatix here, there, and everywhere

More
21 May 2013 21:27 #152588 by moss_icon
just got 108 mil on clone wars. AWW YEAH.

More
22 May 2013 03:05 #152612 by ThirstyMan
That's the easy one. Get on Marvel and show some spirit.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds