October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

EVE restart

More
10 Jun 2013 03:41 #153850 by SaMoKo
Replied by SaMoKo on topic Re: EVE restart
Well, that will certainly do it alright. For corp killing, raw damage is what you loom to rather than alpha unless you think you need to punch through reps, which is possible if you're hitting a mission runner. For corp mate killing, my biggest concern is how much damage I can cause for minimal training time.

Scorch might also have a bit of trouble tracking the faster Minmatar drones that are commonly used on mining ships (5x warriors are expected), so you might be better off packing some faction EM. Shorter range is good for keeping a bit of leeway for maneuvering orbit within disruptor range and drone defense while maximizing your transversal against non PVP ships. If your ideal range is the same as your engage distance, a split second of fancy piloting will cost you a kill. Good disrupr/scram/EWar range is good for getting the initial grab, but beyond that you want to face hug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2013 03:49 #153851 by tscook
Replied by tscook on topic Re: EVE restart
Catalysts 4 lyfe

More
10 Jun 2013 07:01 #153852 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: EVE restart
Given all you said about no Concord involvement if you shoot your own corps members, I assume this does not apply to npc corps. If it did, n00bs would be shooting each other all the time in high sec.

Of course, to do this I need some big money. All that faction malarkey is expensive shit. So shooting miners in low sec might be a good option. What do you think? Some way of getting lots of dosh fast.

More
10 Jun 2013 11:20 - 10 Jun 2013 11:32 #153858 by SaMoKo
NPC corps are wierd in a few ways, and the lack of shooting is one of them, so is the inability to anchor a POS.

For fast money, Cook would be better to ask. Faction ammo is pretty cheap, and everything else you need to gank should be T1 Or T2. I'd say scam, but that takes some practice and enough knowledge of the game to bullshit dumb people, so what seems easy to me might be hard as hell. I've honestly been rich for so long in EVE that I'm pretty detached from the days of scrounging for a few hundred mil.

For an idea of how to scam, the goal is to get a director role in a corp to rob them blind. Try to find a smallish corp of miners or mission runners with a CEO that's about a year or two old. Make sure the corp has 1000 shares, and look for a dumb as shit corporate bio, preferably something heroic or RPish. Make sure that its not a group based on real world friendships, but rather Internet trust. At least one director should have a different corp history than the CEO.

The easiest way to gain roles is to say you need roles to set up a POS or run logistics. This is about 50/50 even if you're a good smooth talker and know how to pick them dumb, but it's fast.

For something more involved, find a mining corp, have a friend gank some of them (with you feeding intel) and take them on a scripted revenge mission to prove that you're a badass. Then ask to be the director of defense. Lead them to a failed outing, kill them all and steal their shit. You might even get a few good faction fit mission runner ships with drops worth a cool bil from the initial ganks.

If you have lots of friends, offer to merge corps. Tell them you need to step down as CEO due to a patriotic military deployment and want to find a good home for your beloved corp mates. Make one of your people a director to ease the transition. This is a longish term scam but can be both lucrative and absolutely fucking hilarious as it turns into a slaughter. Best done after you've stolen a corp so that you look established and credible. We used to do this a lot in goonswarm because it could be done quickly, but it was easy to find 25 bros to work with.

The wormhole scam leads to ridiculous profit and the ability to enrage multiple people to quit EVE, but it's taken a good month each time I've done it. Build up trust with a group and slowly reveal that you're an eve expert. Mix it up with the pirate stomp scam, then let it slip that you're a nullsec cap pilot looking for a home in highsec to grind up locator agents. Let them figure out that you're a big dog; they're less likely to doubt something they are clever enough to reveal on their own, because they want to be the smart guys. Once established, advise them that they're playing eve wrong and offer to make them a big, rich wormhole corp. mixed with your bullshit background, they should be excited for their new adventure (of death!). Scout out a random shitty low class WH and lure them inside. Prove that you're an expert by not trusting any of them, that only a few key directors will have probe launchers and you will collapse the hole behind them for ~opsec~. They will gladly transfer all their shit to a corporate contract for transport. Once in, kill the few fuckers you trusted with probe launchers, rob the corp blind, and steal all their personal possessions. Leave them in the womhole to rot until they self destruct. This is the best scam because you not only rob the corp, but tend to get everything the individual members own, making it a much more satisfying blow. It's personally my favorite scam when done right. You might even get sizeable isk donations to cover the costs of building a POS in the WH and a carrier to defend it.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2013 11:32 by SaMoKo. Reason: iPad autocorrect hates eve terms :(

More
10 Jun 2013 20:07 #153886 by tscook
Replied by tscook on topic Re: EVE restart
The WH corp I was in made shit tons of money in a C5 and also would rob other WH corps blind on occasion. I'm still sitting on that pile of gold and I am trying to figure out station trading since fuck shooting anything to get money and I don't have time for the long scams.

More
11 Jun 2013 05:34 #153919 by SaMoKo
If Aryth is still playing, just listen to him and you'll be rich as fuck in no time. He's like the Xttz of the market, he's always right, and if it doesn't seem like he is, just wait a bit.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds