October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Best Arcade Game of All Time!

More
20 May 2014 15:24 #178510 by Black Barney
Now that you mention it, I used to always rush the Xevious machine. I love that game. I don't usually like that style. The bombs were really fun. pewpewpew

Has anyone been to arcades recently? It's all driving and dancing games and the driving games are AWFUL. Like SNES-like graphics, it's horrific.

Now when I go to arcades, I usually only play Virtual Tennis or Guitar Hero. They are the only games I enjoy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2014 15:48 #178513 by charlest
I was never much of an arcade gamer, however, there was this one special game which we played the shit out of. It was called Tokyo Wars and you basically controlled a tank in 3rd person and it was this large team based city fight where drove through the streets of Tokyo and shot the shit out of the other team.

What was really stellar was that there were like 8 seats all lined up next to each other, so you typically played with several human opponents. The presentation at the arcade I went to was exceptional as well, they had camoflauged netting and a military helmet on top of an ammo crate sitting next to the Tokyo War games.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Wars

More
20 May 2014 15:57 #178515 by RobertB
I might have to hit this place later on this week.

16-bitbar.com/games/

My coworkers did a happy hour there a while back, but I had to miss it. Bastards.

More
20 May 2014 18:35 #178524 by telengard
OP: All great games, Star Wars is best sitdown w/ the fresnel lens.

The Williams games Robotron 2084, Defender, Joust... Robotron would be my favorite. I am very fortunate to live near Funspot. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
21 May 2014 00:01 #178550 by Not Sure

SebastianBludd wrote: I played a lot of R-Type (one quarter at a time) but could never get past the 2nd stage. It's probably for the best considering that that giant ship that took up the entirety of the 3rd stage looked like one of the most tedious shooter levels I've ever seen.

Blasphemy. That level is what R-Type is made for, since working it correctly relies on carefully using the shield orb for both defense and offense, flinging it into the soft parts of the ship and yanking it back to wipe out the banks of guns.

You also have to do some tricky front-to-back switches when you're rounding the ship to go back across the bottom.

(no I don't know why I remember this. Level 4 was usually the end of me, but I believe I saw level 5 a few times.)

More
21 May 2014 08:59 #178566 by san il defanso
Arcades were just starting to circle the drain when I was old enough to remember them, and I never was the kid who had a ton of money to spend on games that wasn't already tied up in other purchases. As a result most of my fondest memories of arcade games aren't based around actual arcades, but around those games you used to find in Pizza Hut and places like that.

I'm especially fond of those Konami beat-em-ups, like the Ninja Turtles game and the Simpsons port. I remember that Simpsons version especially out our local pizza place, because it was right around the time the show debuted. I wasn't allowed to watch the show, but I would play that game. Oh yes I would.

When I was a teen living overseas one local place had a Time Crisis cabinet, and that game probably wins for the one that took the most money from me. My friends and I would just keep throwing tokens into that. Terrific game.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds