October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Nintendo Humble Bundle

More
26 May 2015 19:16 #202985 by topperware
Just as an FYI, there's a Nintendo Humble Bundle right now where $10 gets you the following kick butt games:

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition (Wii U)
Stealth Inc 2 (Wii U)
The Fall (Wii U)
OlliOlli (Wii U)
OlliOlli (3DS)
Woah Dave (3DS)
Steamworld Dig (Wii U)
Steamworld Dig (3DS)
Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
Moon Chronicles Episode 1 (3DS)

I already have all of these games, but I wanted to support the devs and the charity. Message me if you want a free code for one of these games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2015 19:17 #202986 by topperware
Replied by topperware on topic Nintendo Humble Bundle
And oh yeah, the codes will only work on North American Wii Us and 3DSs. Thanks.

More
26 May 2015 21:03 #202991 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Nintendo Humble Bundle
I bought in, pretty much just for the 3DS stuff since I never play the WiiU unless we are playing Mario Kart or Smash.

Is Mighty Switch Force good? I wish Stealth Inc 2 was on 3DS.

More
28 May 2015 16:52 #203089 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Nintendo Humble Bundle
Going to keep this thread alive. This is a super cool thing, here, folks, and if you want this kind of bundle to make its way to your console of choice, consider getting in on this. If you don't have a 3DS or WiiU-you can indicate it's a gift and send the codes on to someone who does.

I can attest to the following:
--OLLI OLLI is awesome bite-sized entertainment. I still play OLLI OLLI on the Vita at least once a week, and I got that months ago. It's easy to just hop in, get used to the controls again and try that Daily Challenge. (I was 6th best in the world on one a few days ago. So hype.)
--GUACAMELEE is a styling homage to SUPER METROID. It is extremely high quality.
--STEAMWORLD DIG is one of my favorite games from 2014. I haven't met anyone that's played this and not remarked on how fucking good it is and why didn't they play it before.

These are good games, worth buying, so I would say getting them for free is also a good price.

More
28 May 2015 17:35 #203091 by Michael Barnes
Topsy sent me the codes for Olli Olli and Steamworld Dig- but I'm just using the 3DS ones so if anyone wants the Wii U ones...either he or I can give them to you.

Both games are really good...Olli Olli is sort of a modern take on the estranged skateboarding genre (which I dearly loved) and Steamworld is a really fun Digdugvania game with a cool style and fun gameplay.

Guacamelee, I played on PS3- it's really, really good.

More
28 May 2015 22:25 #203099 by hotseatgames
I've messed around with all of the 3DS games. Steamworld Dig is the real "get" in the package. Mighty Switch Force seems okay. The FPS is dumb.

More
29 May 2015 12:02 #203115 by san il defanso

Michael Barnes wrote: Topsy sent me the codes for Olli Olli and Steamworld Dig- but I'm just using the 3DS ones so if anyone wants the Wii U ones...either he or I can give them to you.

I'll take those off your hands if still available.

More
29 May 2015 12:34 #203116 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Nintendo Humble Bundle
Just.. guys. Code trading?

Go get them yourselves. Pay $0 for them. There are two important metrics for this: money raised, obviously, but also bundles claimed. Both of those numbers need to go up. Honestly--they totally don't care if you pay nothing for a bundle. If you pay $0 and the game gives you infinite boners, then go back and up your pledge--it's extremely easy. Or don't! Either way, we want to see many many bundles claimed. This boosts the site, boosts the chances of more of these. You can just sit on those codes for YEARS if you want. Two years from now, some sweet Blizzard bundle catches your eye and you see "oh shit, yeah, I have these old Nintendo codes. Do they still work?" Include them in birthday cards for nieces. Leave them on a business card at Starbucks. Just go claim them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
29 May 2015 13:43 #203120 by hotseatgames
eh.... don't be a scumbag. Don't pay $0 for a bundle. Give something. People worked hard on all of this stuff.

More
30 May 2015 08:34 - 30 May 2015 09:18 #203152 by san il defanso

jeb wrote: Just.. guys. Code trading?

Go get them yourselves. Pay $0 for them. There are two important metrics for this: money raised, obviously, but also bundles claimed. Both of those numbers need to go up. Honestly--they totally don't care if you pay nothing for a bundle. If you pay $0 and the game gives you infinite boners, then go back and up your pledge--it's extremely easy. Or don't! Either way, we want to see many many bundles claimed. This boosts the site, boosts the chances of more of these. You can just sit on those codes for YEARS if you want. Two years from now, some sweet Blizzard bundle catches your eye and you see "oh shit, yeah, I have these old Nintendo codes. Do they still work?" Include them in birthday cards for nieces. Leave them on a business card at Starbucks. Just go claim them.

I only have a Wii U and a friend gave me the Guacamelee code unasked for, before I even knew about the bundle. $0 doesn't actually get me anything I don't already have. I see how it looks pretty scumbag, but that wasn't the intent.

But you're of course right. $10 donated!
Last edit: 30 May 2015 09:18 by san il defanso.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds