October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2658 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Talk to me about Dark Souls

More
27 Apr 2016 13:34 #226614 by SaMoKo
Replied by SaMoKo on topic Talk to me about Dark Souls

Michael Barnes wrote: Whoa, back that up a bit. Pop those souls ONLY when you need to "make due" on a level up or other purchase. DO NOT just bust them, you will go out and wind up losing them. Use them only when you are ready to spend them. They are the ONLY way to "bank" souls.

I still like Bloodborne the best, but DSIII is probably the best of the Souls games...slightly more refined, slightly more accessible.

I pop them souls like a farmboy pops meth because no fukkin' stage is gonna make me lose my souls. Haven't lost 'em once in DS3.

Newbies shouldn't do this lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2016 12:06 #226840 by ThirstyMan
Trying this as a Sorcerer for the first time. Nice ranged attacks that fuck up the annoying spawning shitheads that run at you all the time. Pretty good for killing those bastard thieves that jump out at you in the Lower Undead Burg. Now I need some help with this Capra Demon bastard. I levelled up, but not too high, so I'm hoping I can get some summoned help outside his pad.

Also having problems with the demon in the return visit to the asylum. I keep getting trashed, mainly because I cant use soul arrows, the wind up takes too long. I killed both knights by getting them out in the open, increasing distance between me and them and then spamming them with soul arrows. I can't parry for shit. I have about 50% success rate with parrying with a shield. I need practice.

More
03 May 2016 13:25 - 03 May 2016 13:34 #226852 by Disgustipater
If you are on PC and at least level 31, I'll help you out.

I really want to help someone kill some bosses to lower the faith requirement so I can join the Sun Bros. I just hope I didn't level up too much already (46).
Last edit: 03 May 2016 13:34 by Disgustipater.

More
03 May 2016 22:59 #226877 by ThirstyMan
I read online that most people go for Capra at level 20-25, so I stayed at 24 in the hope of seeing a white summon. Did see one last night but the summoning failed for whatever reason.

Last run through I did I was at level 31 at Capra and no summoning signs in sight ever. Thanks for the offer though.

More
15 May 2016 02:45 #227495 by Disgustipater
I've spend quite a bit of time at Anor Londo, and only tried to take on Ornstein & Smough once before deciding test the waters of co-op. I laid down my summon sign at the fog gate and waited to get summoned. After fighting them at least 10 times (and winning most) with other players, I decided I was going to take them on by myself. Surely I have plenty of experience now.

Nope. I got wrecked real fast, several times in a row. Usually I soldier on and just keep going at a boss until I figure them out, but this time I wasn't in the mood. Maybe because I fought them a ton of times already today. So I decided to summon someone else to help me and we dispatched them without much issue. The multiplayer is a really cool system. I plan on summoning help as little as possible, but it's fun to help others out.

More
15 May 2016 09:27 #227499 by Gary Sax
That's how I usually use co-op as well, Disgustipater. I only use it when I'm fed up on a boss. I generally have to be VERY fed up. I love that the game has 0 mechanics, even in something like the trophies that punishes co-op or makes you feel bad about it.

More
16 May 2016 14:23 #227565 by ThirstyMan
Enjoying this a lot. Finally got someone to help me out with that Capra bastard.

Slogged through Blightown and killed the Boss with an NPC summons to distract her. Just finishing Great Hollow, had to do some serious side tracking to go buy some purging stones from the guy by the Gargoyles due to getting cursed all the fucking time and then trek all the way back through Blightown, what a PITA.

Ash Lake next

More
16 May 2016 15:43 - 16 May 2016 16:01 #227569 by Disgustipater
Funny, as soon as I beat Quelaag in Blighttown, I ran into that lava demon and turned around and left. I went to Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo instead. I guess I should go back. Maybe after the New Londo Ruins. It's cool how there are so many different paths to take.

I'm level 90 and I've done very little weapon upgrading, so I've stopped leveling and now I'm just buying a ton of titanite to upgrade weapons with lightning and fire. I've been rocking a 5+ Black Knight Greatsword for a while now and I think it's time to start using something new.

I just need one more Sunlight Medal to get to Rank 2 in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant, so it's some more waiting at the S & O fog gate for one more co-op boss kill.
Last edit: 16 May 2016 16:01 by Disgustipater.

More
01 Jun 2016 16:27 #228481 by Disgustipater
I got to the Four Kings fog gate in the New Londo Ruins, but I'm not sure how to get to them. The spiral staircase just ends and you die if you go off the ledge.

I did get summoned by a guy who led me down the stairs but he ran too fast for me to see where he went. So when the other NPC phantom waked off the ledge, I did as well, and I died, but the boss life bar showed up at the last second before I respawned, so they're down there somewhere. I just need to figure out how to get there. I'll probably try to get summoned and follow someone else.
Maybe I'll try being human.

(Obviously don't tell me the solution)

Speaking of reverse hollowing, is there any benefit to being human other than being able to summon other players and being invaded?

More
01 Jun 2016 23:02 #228498 by Disgustipater
I put down a message in front of the door that said "Need Hint" and someone put down a message with the answer. Awesome.

I should have already known, but I forgot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
01 Jun 2016 23:18 #228499 by ThirstyMan
I think being human gets you a better drop rate but opens you to invasion.

I finally beat Sen's Fortress those blades are bastards. God knows how many souls I lost to those.

Trying to get to the second bonfire in Anor Londo. Snipers with Greatbows are giving me trouble, poison arrows is the key.

Level 41, 90 hours in.

More
01 Jun 2016 23:20 #228501 by Disgustipater
Yeah, that silver knight archer duo on the buttresses were bastards.

I'm level 98 with 78 hours
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThirstyMan

More
04 Jun 2016 11:32 - 04 Jun 2016 11:40 #228595 by ThirstyMan
Level 50, 230hrs.

Been playing a fuck load. Anor Londo DONE and the two bastards with a little multi player AND a revenge killing for Anastacia.

Darkroot Garden is piss easy at this level, onto Darkroot Basin. Need to get some divine weapons to fuck with the undead.

Where can I mine humanity?

PS Must have been more than 98 hrs in a few days ago, as there aren't enough hours between then and now. Probably misread steam.

Mmm best stats I can get from Steam is 51.3 hours in the past 2 weeks. No wonder I'm not doing any work at, you know, work.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2016 11:40 by ThirstyMan.

More
04 Jun 2016 11:34 #228596 by Gary Sax
I don't remember... looked it up, wikis for the dark souls series are very good:

darksouls.wikidot.com/humanity-farming

More
04 Jun 2016 11:39 #228597 by Disgustipater

ThirstyMan wrote: Where can I mine humanity?

The rats in The Depths.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds