October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Talk to me about Dark Souls

More
04 Jun 2016 11:41 #228598 by ThirstyMan
Yeah, I need 25 humanity to serve up to that spider bitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2016 11:43 #228599 by Disgustipater
I guess I hoard mine. I have 43 sitting in my inventory.

More
05 Jun 2016 23:03 #228642 by Disgustipater
It turns out that farming the skeleton babies in the Tomb of the Giants is a great way to get Humanity. They infinitely respawn and are easy to deal with. It didn't take me too long before I maxed out the amount of humanity you can have (99), and in the process racked up about 150,000 souls.

Now I am on to farming the Darkwraiths of New Londo Ruins in the hopes of getting a Titanite Slab (or two). So far all I have gotten is 35 titanite chunks, which I don't need.

More
12 Jun 2016 00:12 #228854 by Disgustipater
I reached the final boss but decided to hold off and go do other stuff.

I just finished up the Oolacile DLC content. It was probably one of my favorite areas. The bosses were pretty great.

I joined the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant to try out some PvP invasions. I was terrible and lost every single one. Of course my build was not in any way optimized for it.

I guess after 115 hours, I should just go and finish it so I can start NG+ and do it all over again. This time I want to get all the NPC storylines to their completion.

More
12 Jun 2016 07:29 #228857 by Gary Sax
I wouldn't sweat the pvp thing, at this point ds1 online is probably a science.

There was recently (last week) a big "go back and play ds1!" coordinated thing so hopefully you're seeing more people playing.

More
12 Jun 2016 10:39 #228860 by Disgustipater

Gary Sax wrote: There was recently (last week) a big "go back and play ds1!" coordinated thing so hopefully you're seeing more people playing.

Yeah, but since I use the the connectivity mod, I've always had quite a few other players available. But it is cool to get some of the early game stuff like hearing the Undead Parish bell being rung.

More
12 Jun 2016 16:39 #228867 by ThirstyMan
Latest news...I hate Sif.

Can't even get help due to the preponderance of invasions the second I become human in Darkroot Garden. I'll figure it out eventually.

While pondering, I started again with a melee build. Suddenly realised the Capra Demon goes down OK as long as you have a decent +5 weapon with lightning and the wolf ring + Havel's Ring to speed up your movement. A decent stable shield is a good idea as well..

Now back to Sif.

More
14 Jun 2016 13:31 #228935 by ThirstyMan
Reassessed that bastard Capra Demon.

The trick, eventually, was to use an alluring skull to divert him, kill the dogs, run up the stairs and then fuck him over by jumping on him repeatedly. Without the alluring skull, it was too fast to do anything and the dogs would always get me in the back.

Looks like Sif is going to go down if I strip off all my armor and run like hell towards her, rolling all the way. Then attack from underneath.

We will see. What fun.

More
14 Jun 2016 15:55 #228944 by Disgustipater
I'm surprised you've had so much trouble with the Capra Demon. Not bragging, but I beat him on my second try. But I'm stictly melee and I was probably over leveled, so my STR scaling sword would have been even better. I'll have to see how I do with him on NG+.

Sif took me a while, but eventually I figured it out.

Another funny thing, as soon as I got the Greatshield of Artorias, I pretty much never rolled again. Its stability is so high that I just block any incoming attack and don't lose all that much stamina.

More
14 Jun 2016 16:47 #228948 by ThirstyMan
I had a Drake sword and was about Level 15 when I hit that bastard.

Still trying to figure out Sif.

More
20 Jun 2016 20:59 #229157 by Disgustipater

ThirstyMan wrote: Latest news...I hate Sif.

Can't even get help due to the preponderance of invasions the second I become human in Darkroot Garden. I'll figure it out eventually.

The same thing just happened to me. I've been running most of my NG+ playthrough as human. I got invaded twice before I even got to Alvina. One was a regular invader, and I'm guessing the other was a Forest Hunter since he was blue (and immediately invaded after the first guy). I killed both of those assholes. Then I just booked it to Sif.

First try, took no damage. The Greatshield of Artorias once again let me just breeze through it. Each swing she took removed maybe an inch of stamina. I hit her after each SWING pause SWING attack. Just had to wait her out. I really need to start another playthrough with a non-melee based character. Need to get away from tanking. Need to get back into the spirit of it.

More
21 Jun 2016 15:36 #229183 by ThirstyMan
Took her out L50 with Soul Spears and Great Heavy Soul Arrows. Can't kite though so close up. No shield

My second character is L22 with a +8 Battleaxe. Trying her with Power Within and getting stuck in 2 handed with no shield. Can get her down half way. Need to work on healing timings. Got that ring where you can ninja backflip which really helps.

What is this fuck off shield you speak of?

More
21 Jun 2016 15:42 #229184 by Disgustipater

ThirstyMan wrote: Got that ring where you can ninja backflip which really helps.

I saw an invader doing that. What ring is it? I obviously missed it.

ThirstyMan wrote: What is this fuck off shield you speak of?

It's a shield you make with Sif's soul (while an amusing observation, it doesn't really help you).

More
23 Jun 2016 03:01 #229254 by Gary Sax
I have never used magic or faith in this series, I really should try.

More
04 Jul 2016 01:40 - 04 Jul 2016 01:42 #229682 by Disgustipater
After I beat NG+, I restarted with a thief. Decided to go light and work on my parrying and backstabbing. It's been pretty fun so far, but guess what I've been having a problem with. The Capra Demon. I'm not sure why it's any different than before. The two dogs are causing me problems as well.

I'm not sure if I'll finish this playthrough. I'll probably start on Dark Souls II when my GeForce 1070 arrives later this week.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2016 01:42 by Disgustipater.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds