October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2655 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

It's not Friday...but... F%@& GameSalute.

More
02 Dec 2012 03:33 - 02 Dec 2012 03:37 #138748 by SuperflyPete
I got a fucking salute for you, all right, you cunts:

Well, we've all been talking about how GameSalute is nothing more than an exclusivity deal designed to force consumers to pay full price and limit where they can buy games. Let's talk about SpringBoard, GameSalute's abortion of a Kickstarter interlocutor.

I backed Pixel Lincoln back in early JUNE. They estimated delivery DECEMBER. Figured it would be a great gift.

Well, they got funded in July, and then went on to not really do much in the way of actual updates, but instead, used the opportunity to cross-market:
www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard...-game-0/posts/295578

Between September and Just 3 days ago, they had all of 2 updates which said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what the hell was going on with the game. Well, guess what. The cunts missed the deadline. Surprise, fucking surprise. Not a word until "Well, we're not gonna make it". Fuck them.
www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard...-game-0/posts/358352

There's all kinds of comments there...
www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard...ding-game-0/comments
...most of which are people being nervous and verging on getting pissed, but I thought I'd share mine:

Pete Ruth about 12 hours ago wrote: I wish I could back out. I really have a lot of heartburn continuing to back a company that has so miserably failed.

Right on your website you state that you're an experienced bunch over many platforms and have a track record of on-time and on-budget delivery. And here I am, expecting that based upon "prior successes" (which amount to a bunch of apps for small local businesses and crappy kids' DS games) that I'd have product in hand for the Christmas present that I initially backed it for.

What a bunch of disappointing wankers."

He told me I could get my money back, and not to be rude. So, I responded...

Hey, I'm not the one who estimated delivery in December and is just now, in December, getting proofs going with Panda, who then has to send them to China, get them printed, get samples to you for approval, get the final lot printed, packaged, shipped by sea, sent to distribution centers and whatnot.

I mean, really. Springboard is GameSalute's baby. You guys know how to print and publish games, you've got your exclusive deals. So far you've had Tasty Minstrel jump from your ship as if it was on fire, and now this. Sorry to be blunt, but really, it sure sounds like you need a bit of a wake-up call. People won't stand for this forever and your brand will be damaged if you keep up this sort of thing.

So, I reiterate, fuck Kickstarter and most especially, fuck GameSalute. They're a publisher. They knew that it takes more than a month to get a game printed and distributed. They said NOTHING. NOTHING. Not until the MONTH they said they'd ship did they pipe up.

Fuck them. In the arse. No vaseline and with a concertina wire condom. Dipped in concentrated H2SO4.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2012 03:37 by SuperflyPete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2012 06:33 #138754 by Bull Nakano
Harsh stance on a company that's cashing in on both ends of this kickstarter mania. Why would you pay full retail for their untested games in the first place?

More
02 Dec 2012 06:38 #138755 by dysjunct
That sucks, but if he's offering you a full refund, that seems pretty reasonable. Why don't you take it?

More
02 Dec 2012 07:54 #138758 by tscook
Waaaa a vanity publisher is shady, big fucking surprise.

More
02 Dec 2012 14:31 #138765 by SuperflyPete
Kev: I'm getting my money back, no problem, but it's the principle of it that's grating on me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
02 Dec 2012 17:33 #138778 by TheDukester
Hey, look, another "Kickstarter raped my childhood" post at the Fort. Stunning.

And, sorry, but my sympathies are reserved for people who don't feel the need to constantly quote posts they made elsewhere.

Just provide a link, man; let people decide for themselves if they'll follow it. Your "fuck this, cunt that, I-could-kill-you-with-two-fingers" schtick wears awfully thin incredibly quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., bfkiller, Schweig!, ZMeston, DeletedUser, lj1983, tscook, Bull Nakano

More
03 Dec 2012 03:49 #138798 by SuperflyPete
Uh, this isn't about Kickstarter, it's about GameSalute,

I didn't say I'd kill anything, I don't (and neither do you) recall saying I'd kill anyone, with two fingers or otherwise.

This is a board game site. This was a post about a board game company that does stupid things, If you don't like that, or my posts, it does say who the OP is. Maybe go to Knitting.com and not be offended.

More
03 Dec 2012 05:09 #138801 by Schweig!
Is that a guarantee that you won't follow us to Knitting.com and write posts about how for example WoolyWool is a company of imbecilic cunts who deserve to have their collective rectums reamed by knitting spools?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bfkiller, ZMeston, DeletedUser, tscook, Bull Nakano

More
03 Dec 2012 09:02 #138807 by tscook

SuperflyTNT wrote: Uh, this isn't about Kickstarter, it's about GameSalute,

I didn't say I'd kill anything, I don't (and neither do you) recall saying I'd kill anyone, with two fingers or otherwise.

This is a board game site. This was a post about a board game company that does stupid things, If you don't like that, or my posts, it does say who the OP is. Maybe go to Knitting.com and not be offended.

It isn't so much offensive as offensively boring.

Seriously, you're whining about a vanity publisher.

More
03 Dec 2012 10:20 #138809 by daveroswell
Would it help if he posted bunny pictures with his comments?

TheDukester wrote: Hey, look, another "Kickstarter raped my childhood" post at the Fort. Stunning.

And, sorry, but my sympathies are reserved for people who don't feel the need to constantly quote posts they made elsewhere.

Just provide a link, man; let people decide for themselves if they'll follow it. Your "fuck this, cunt that, I-could-kill-you-with-two-fingers" schtick wears awfully thin incredibly quickly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
03 Dec 2012 12:37 #138810 by SuperflyPete
A vanity publisher that has Alien Frontiers, Dragon Rage, Sirlin Games (Like Puzzle Strike, Flash Duel...)

What the fuck, Chuck? So, the only time I'm allowed to complain is if it's FFG mis-spelling something or if Wizards packs a bunch of warped tiles in a box? It's not remotely valid for me to complain about a publisher that is trying to control an entire market segment (Try finding Alien Frontiers or Puzzle Strike anywhere but on GameSalute.Com or in a FLGS) and is also doing the stupid like NOT telling customers until just before a product is to ship that it's not going to ship for months?

Yeah, I'm getting close to being done with this place. It turned into Fortress: Boardgamegeek in a hurry.

More
03 Dec 2012 16:03 - 03 Dec 2012 16:04 #138825 by dysjunct

SuperflyTNT wrote: It turned into Fortress: Boardgamegeek in a hurry.

Unless Uba has locked the thread and handed out 7-day suspensions for all participants, that seems a little exaggerated.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 16:04 by dysjunct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
03 Dec 2012 16:33 #138830 by Disgustipater

SuperflyTNT wrote: Yeah, I'm getting close to being done with this place.

On the plus side, knitting.com may be for sale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schweig!, SuperflyPete

More
03 Dec 2012 16:46 - 03 Dec 2012 17:01 #138833 by Schweig!
Disagreeing is fine. Self-applauding yourself for packing a maximum amount of scatology and excessive obscenity in your comments is apparently less popular.

Sadly you weren't here from the beginning of F:AT, because we've all moved on from the "Wankers thread" days.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 17:01 by Schweig!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SleightOfHand12

More
03 Dec 2012 18:00 #138840 by SuperflyPete
Who's applauding? I'm not.

I'm a little pissed that these dinguses aren't catching hell for it. It's one thing to not tell people things if you're some nobody, startup. But this is an established company, one who is already controversial, being douchebags.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds