October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Waiter! There's Euro in my Xbox!

More
05 Apr 2013 15:16 #149703 by Black Barney
WTF

It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for, folks. The moment we’ve dreamed of for so long and worried that maybe, just maybe, it would never happen. That’s right, Farming Simulator is coming to consoles. Farming. Simulator.

I’m gonna let the press release speak for itself, cos I’m a little bit overwhelmed.

“Farming Simulator on console first offers a whole new, North American environment, adding to the European environment already present on PC. New farming vehicles and many other new features will also make their appearance.

“As big as the original environment of Farming Simulator on PC, this new playground exclusive to the console version doubles the world of the game. Inspired by typical American farms, this big new land offers a real new scenery, with new places, new opportunities of development for your farm, and even bigger fields!”

Even bigger fields!

“The console version of Farming Simulator also offers exclusive vehicles, completing the large selection of farming machines that are available on PC. These vehicles, from famous constructors such as Case IH, Lizard, Ursus, Kramer and Horsch, will allow you to complete your tasks with increased efficiency… most notably on the new environment and its large fields!”

Its large fields!

“Of course, the game keeps all the ingredients that made the Farming Simulator series a success on PC, by faithfully adapting the subtleties of farming. You will face the challenges of a modern farmer: animal husbandry, crops, harvesting, sales of your products, and of course buying new vehicles and machines… you will manage, daily, your own farm in an open world!”

Phew.

Farming Simulator is out in North America on 3rd September and Europe on 6th September. I’m erect with excitement.

what the hell?! I can't wait for reviews. Maybe this is the breath of fresh air video games have been waiting for.

...I might actually get it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2013 15:20 #149706 by SuperflyPete
Farmville, Pot Farm and other farm games have been on Facebook for years; this sounds like the same shit.

More
05 Apr 2013 15:27 #149709 by metalface13
The PC version topped the charts in Europe, which I had assumed was some sort of clerical error. But apparently not. Who doesn't want to engage in a little virtual farm-to-table living?

More
05 Apr 2013 15:29 #149710 by Black Barney
It's the word 'simulator' that gives me pause. Yeah FarmFrenzy2 is a 'farm' game (a great one!) but it's not trying to be realistic or anything. It's just fun putting bears in cages and sending them to the market so I can afford a cake factory...on my farm?

No, this is a farming simulator. How realistic will it be? Well, hopefully the game forces you to wake up at 4 in the morning to turn on the xbox so you can milk your cows and stuff. Later on, when I'm having a huge lunch, I'm going to fill out some tax paperwork so I can apply for more grants cuz this shit is getting expensive, yo. Why the fock do I have to buy those large henhouses?! That's no way for chickens to live. Goddamn Monsanto is threatening to fucking blacklist my farm if I don't plant their latest crop which is so genetically-altered that I wouldn't be surprised if they film the next X-Files movie on my property. AND WHY IS EVERYONE AFTER MY DAUGHTER ALL THE TIME?!?!

ouf.. farming sucks. I think I'll stick with Call of Duty

More
05 Apr 2013 15:31 #149711 by Chapel
Farming is hardcore!

More
05 Apr 2013 16:42 #149721 by Erik Twice
SimFarm was great :)

More
05 Apr 2013 18:16 #149733 by Columbob

Black Barney wrote: ouf.. farming sucks. I think I'll stick with Call of Duty

I'd rather farm than get shot at/shoot other people in RL. However in video games...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
05 Apr 2013 19:30 #149741 by tscook
Call me when they get EuroTruck Simulator 2

More
05 Apr 2013 19:40 #149742 by word_virus
No discussion of Farming Simulator can take place without a link to this video:

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds