October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

The Stone Age Debate

More
28 May 2013 14:12 #152983 by SuperflyPete

This goes out to Barnes and Lee. Don't yuck my yum, beyotches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2013 15:10 #152995 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Re: The Stone Age Debate
There's enough eyebrow movement here to cause an epileptic seizure, or put someone into a state of hypnosis at the very least.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
28 May 2013 15:45 #153003 by ChristopherMD
You lost the debate. I'd say try to keep your dignity but clearly its too late.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schweig!

More
28 May 2013 16:16 #153007 by SuperflyPete
There was no debate. You can't tell someone that they should hate something because you do - it's a preference thing.

Barnes likes the taste of cat semen, I don't. Who am I to tell him he's wrong? ;)

More
28 May 2013 16:36 #153010 by Michael Barnes
So sad that Pete's argument is down to posting You Tube videos instead of the hard, cold rhetoric of truth that has already proven Stone Age to be crap.

If this guy played Stone Age, his eyes would pop out and he'd say "damn, this really does suck".
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
28 May 2013 17:00 #153011 by scissors
Replied by scissors on topic Re: The Stone Age Debate
He doesn't blink in any of the shots. actor's thing.

More
28 May 2013 17:31 #153013 by ChristopherMD

SuperflyTNT wrote: There was no debate. )

Two sides disagree. They go to Trashdome. Justice served. Debate over.

More
28 May 2013 18:12 #153017 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re: The Stone Age Debate
Stone Roses.

Great album!

More
29 May 2013 13:05 - 29 May 2013 13:09 #153078 by bomber
Replied by bomber on topic Re: The Stone Age Debate
There is/was no "debate" though Pete. I understand if you like SA, but I mean I would rather play Street Soccer than Chess but I wouldn't try to say that Chess is not a metric fuckton the better game. There's no real value in me trying to say SS is better, just more fun for me, a lighter, easier, more thematic abstract with an added splash of luck. It's OK if you like Stone Age but to not be able to take a step back and see that the dried shitstain on the underpants of a game like Tigris (or pick any decent game, really) is not the better game is just flat out mental. Stone Age is what it is, a Yahztee inspired dice roller with some "oo those spaces are filled now" "tension", with a bit of "oo look that card or hut is there, lucky me I am first in line through no choice of my own" and the dullest EVER conversion of dice rolling to points (you do know that the points for a hut is exactly the same number of pips you used to buy the resources, right) and you have a light, bland euro game that yeah, lets you mention a "fuck hut". Of course, like ANY game, you can put the Tefal headed superbrains on it to optimise it and pretend its some kind of deep Chess like fucking revelation, but it aint. Its cool that you enjoy it, I used to for a bit, the missus still does a bit, but its no Tigris, and its not fit to be talked about like some great game. I'm not sure, actually, I'm totally sure that I've had more fun playing Yahtzee with my family throwing dem bones you mentioned than playing it in Stone Age while collecting your crappy sets of cards and shit. At least Yahtzee isnt pretending to be something worthy. weirdly, since one of the tenets of this site is all about theme, it seems that some of you arent capable of adding stuff from your imagination but instead need to have it spelled out in capital letters for you. The theme in Stone Age is every bit as paper thin as in Tigris, though I can make a pretty good argument that the mechanics and gameplay and evolution of a game of Tigris is fucking incredibly rich in thematic cues and resonance. But yeah, no pictures of dinosaurs, or fuck huts.
Last edit: 29 May 2013 13:09 by bomber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clockwirk

More
29 May 2013 13:15 #153080 by SuperflyPete
Hey, Lee, before launching off on another wall of text, let's recall a few things:

1. All I said is that I like Stone Age, and why I like it.
2. Never, once, did I bring up Tigris or any other game in comparison.
3. There was never, and still is never, a reason for anyone to compare Tigris and Stone Age. It's like comparing Chess and Bean Bag Toss because they both have boards.

The only game you know how to play is Tigris. I get that. I understand that just hearing "TIG" or "YOU" makes you get erections. I get that. I really do. But not every game is directly comparable to Tigris. Just sayin.

More
29 May 2013 14:06 #153081 by bomber
Replied by bomber on topic Re: The Stone Age Debate
LOL. I wish I could say that the only game I knew how to play was Tigris, but I'm abysmal at it. Brass, on the other hand I'll give you a run.......

So, will you now admit that Tigris vs Stone Age in the trashdome fight was an embarrassingly lopsided win for the great game vs the milquetoast

More
29 May 2013 14:57 #153092 by SuperflyPete
I'll admit that putting it to Trashdome was a retarded attempt to compare apples and bananas.

More
29 May 2013 16:59 #153112 by stormseeker75
I just played Stone Age with my wife last night. I still love it. Shit, I want the expansion.

More
29 May 2013 17:53 #153121 by Michael Barnes
The question is not whether Stone Age is a good or bad game. What is in question is the moral wrongness of character, the bleak spirit of the assumption,that Stone Age is a game worth talking about in a forum of this quality. What darkness of the human soul could drive one to favor a game with "fuck huts" and other instances of social decrepitude I can not possibly, with good faith, say. But in my heart of hearts and recalling the spirit of '06, I can stand before you today and rightfully proclaim that Pete Ruth and the one or two other misled and maladjusted miscreants that have cast their lot in with this sorry game have no business wearing that FortressAT badge or representing the fine folks that have made this place what it is today. So I'm appealing to you in the names of Matt Thrower, Shellie Rose, and Ken B. to join with me in casting these serpents out once and for all. Thank you, and I hope you will all make the right decision.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, bomber

More
29 May 2013 20:57 #153131 by stormseeker75
You'll never get rid of me. I'm like herpes, son!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sevej

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds