October 09, 2023
2479 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2683 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

How fans ruin things they love

More
04 Jun 2013 01:35 #153417 by dysjunct
Or rather, exactly how MUCH fans ruin things:

ruined-by-fans.herokuapp.com/

This explains so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 02:01 #153421 by Forelle
What, no Firefly? No Christianity?

More
04 Jun 2013 02:33 #153423 by Shellhead
This is a potentially good topic for discussion, but that linked chart is 1000% arbitrary bullshit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, wadenels

More
04 Jun 2013 02:37 #153424 by dysjunct

Shellhead wrote: This is a potentially good topic for discussion, but that linked chart is 1000% arbitrary bullshit.

I think that's pretty obvious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso, wadenels

More
04 Jun 2013 02:49 #153425 by Michael Barnes
Bicycling fan awfulness gets the full 10 and I couldn't agree more. I can't stand it when people (like my dad) get all into bikes...wearing those ridiculous spandex suits, the silly lock-on shoes, all the special meters an gauges, carbon fiber everything...they get into this idiotic mindset that you can't just get onto a bike and ride it for fun without all of this fucking gear.

Feh, it makes me sick seeing these gangs of middle-aged men riding down the road like its the god damned Tour de France.

Then there are the assholes that think they're making some kind of statement by riding halfway in the lane so that you either have to swerve around them or poke along at 20mph behind them.

Last week, we were crossing at a crosswalk along with another family that had an infant. From out of nowhere this fucking Tour de France motherfucker blazes right through the pedestrians. The lady carrying the infant yelled "slow down" an the cyclist yelled back- I kid you not- "fuck you bitch". To a mother crossing a street with her baby.

God damned bicyclists...I love bikes, I have a great bike and I like to ride it...but yeah, ruined by fans 100%.

Games too, completely ruined by fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xerxes, Rliyen, SuperflyPete, Camshaft, wadenels

More
04 Jun 2013 03:16 #153428 by SuperflyPete
Nigga pleez.

You can't say shit about the degree of cuntifitude that bicyclists bring to the table until you've experienced a Critical Mass in San Francisco. I shit you not, they are worse than the ubercunts that riot over G10 meetings.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass_(cycling)

These fuckers block every street, every alley, and if you let them, they'd probably have bikes blocking your doorway. Of all the things truly worthy of bile-secreting hatred, seething and boiling like a planet's worth of sodium dropped into a star-sized bath of lukewarm water, Critical Mass bicyclists are at the very tippity top of the list right after Osama Bin Laden, may he rest in eternal pain and torment.

More
04 Jun 2013 03:20 #153429 by ThirstyMan
Communism
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
04 Jun 2013 03:56 #153435 by ubarose
I've never had a problem with the cyclists around here. Every so often I encounter one who is a n00b who has clearly just taken up the sport for excersise and is teetering down the center of the street with a helmet that doesn't fit. I see them everyday for about a week before they quit. The experienced cyclists use hand signals and everything. There's one guy I see fairly regularly that bikes to work in a dress shit and tie. But we have a lot of bike paths that keeps most of the cyclists separated from car and pedestrian traffic.

More
04 Jun 2013 04:45 #153438 by tscook
Bicycles own, fuck cars, and Critical Mass is a good time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattFantastic, Hatchling

More
04 Jun 2013 05:21 #153440 by Michael Barnes
I love bikes. I wish everyone rode bikes and sent all the cars into the sun. But it's the "cyclist" attitude, at least here in Atlanta, that's the problem.

We have like one or two bike lanes in the city.

More
04 Jun 2013 06:09 #153443 by dave
The best antidote for douchebag bikers is to go to Beijing. A city full of bike commuters riding shit bikes in work clothes with only a rare helmet.

More
04 Jun 2013 07:49 #153444 by SaMoKo
I'm pretty sure that in a war between cars and bikes, the cars will win. I used to see a guy that rode his bike about 2/3rds into a lane into oncoming traffic to prove a point, but I haven't seen him in a while. I've kept my eyes open for one of those flower reef shrines at an intersection but haven't had any luck yet.

More
04 Jun 2013 07:57 #153445 by Erik Twice
Is this a thread about gamers?

More
04 Jun 2013 08:46 #153446 by Matt Thrower
A lot of cyclists end up with a bad attitude because they get so much bad attitude from car drivers. It's a vicious circle.

I mean seriously, as a regular cyclist (for commuting, not pleasure), when you read shit like this it's quite hard not to develop a bad attitude.

www.facebook.com/pages/Cars-hate-pedestr...cyclist/310837792308

recombu.com/cars/articles/news/driver-kn...ycle-tweets-about-it

More
04 Jun 2013 10:12 #153448 by repoman

Michael Barnes wrote: I love bikes. I wish everyone rode bikes and sent all the cars into the sun. But it's the "cyclist" attitude, at least here in Atlanta, that's the problem.

We have like one or two bike lanes in the city.

Despite what Uba would have you believe we are rife with asshole bicyclists riding in their super suits in the middle of the road like a flock of gaggling douche birds.

The technical name for them is "Bumble Bees" from the black and yellow spandex they are required to wear.

Also, there is a name for the guy riding to work in his suit and tie...DUI Arrestee.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds