October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

The God Drug

More
08 Apr 2015 00:12 #200481 by OldHippy
The God Drug was created by OldHippy
This might be a waste of my time but I have a drug related question. I am thinking of trying DMT and a buddy of mine has agreed to do it with me... well not simultaneously of course but one after another so that we can help each other. I have some experience with drugs.. not as much as people here might think but enough to know what I'm getting into.

But I am not going into this blind. So I was wondering if anyone here has any personal experiences they can share with me, tips and what not.

We may still back out and not do it at all this is just the information gathering stage....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Hex Sinister

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2015 00:42 #200482 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic The God Drug
I should add that you can PM me if your too embarrassed about having done drugs, I won't tell. Also, I promise to give a full re-cap of the experience if people are interested as payment for any help I can get.

More
08 Apr 2015 02:06 #200483 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic The God Drug
I'm a neophyte when it comes to psychedelics, but I always enjoy reading about people's experiences. Totally interested in hearing a re-cap, especially since DMT trips always sound so alien and ineffable, two qualities that I enjoy in any form (written, visual, musical, etc).

More
08 Apr 2015 04:32 #200487 by DukeofChutney
Replied by DukeofChutney on topic The God Drug
I have not taken DMT, I have had acid on 2 occasions and mushrooms on 2 occasions. I did not enjoy my experiences in any of those 4 occasions, mostly because of the duration. 2 tabs of acid had an effect lasting 8 hours plus, which is a long time to have an uneasy stomach and intense paranoia. The hallucinations for me amounted to lots of colour shifting and warped mirror effects. Drugs do have different effects on different people but don't expect the magical elves and meetings with James Brown that idiots write about in music magazines and on the internet. Having said this, if this kind of stuff does happen I might take it as legit if you write about it.

my advice;

check out any health info on the drug first. Im not sure if its dangerous in the sense that your body can have a physically bad reaction to it but its worth knowing if it is.

Try to get an estimate on how long trips usually last. My basic understanding is that DMT is a shorter experience than acid but i could be wrong.

Try to get an estimate on dosage.

If you are with your friend stagger your dosing (you already say this in your post) . One person go first, the other make sure they are ok for a good 30mins of the drugs affect (or more maybe an hour), then join them second if things are going ok.

If you have a third person who knows what you are doing, and isn't going to flip out or do something stupid, have them check in on you at some point.

Make sure you are in a place where you feel safe and secure.

I used to get info from this site many years ago when I was into this sort of thing;
www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

check out the general info links.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75, OldHippy

More
08 Apr 2015 05:12 #200490 by stormseeker75
Replied by stormseeker75 on topic The God Drug
I read through some of the experience threads and wow, that sounds overwhelming. I don't think I could handle that. I'd probably freak the fuck out. I'm scared even thinking about it. I had a friend approach me about shrooms and LSD, but it's all a bit scary to me. I kind of wish it wasn't.

More
08 Apr 2015 06:00 #200491 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic The God Drug
My friend's niece was the model for that dancing girl on the itunes gift cards. She got addicted to something while working as a model, and went to one of those jungle shaman clinics where they gave her ibogaine. It worked so well that she runs a clinic in Costa Rica or somewhere. People have had visionary experiences on this stuff. My addictions are chocolate, carbohydrates, and idealized, unattainable visions of life that invariably lead to regret and resentment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, stormseeker75

More
08 Apr 2015 07:27 #200492 by Pugnax555
Replied by Pugnax555 on topic The God Drug
My advice: Have a good time, try not to freak out, and most importantly, don't let the black hole suck you in. ;-)

No experience with this particular one, but it sounds like you are approaching it with the right mindset and you have a buddy-plan, so that's a really good start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
08 Apr 2015 08:23 #200494 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic The God Drug
First time, have a sober friend there, ideally a large and strong one, to keep you from going off and killing yourself or someone. I know it's not PCP or anything, but if you've never done it before, you can't really be sure how you'll react. I have a buddy who shot up his house the first time he smoked weed - turns out that he can't use any drugs because he has psychotic breaks.

Best choice: Put in Disney's Fantasia and make sure to have some weed lying around to mellow shit out. Psychadelics and weed go together like apples and pie.

Have never done DMT, never plan to. I'm too old for that shit now.

More
08 Apr 2015 09:34 #200497 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic The God Drug
Mixing fantasy and reality is never a good idea, imo. From what I understand this drug does it so much you could end up in a psych ward for weeks/months afterwards trying to sort out whats real and isn't. So make sure you clear your calendar.

More
08 Apr 2015 09:43 #200499 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic The God Drug
Holy shit, I just read the Vice article on this. Sounds amazing and scary. I admire you for trying it.

More
08 Apr 2015 09:52 #200502 by The*Mad*Gamer
Replied by The*Mad*Gamer on topic The God Drug
Don't Do it! Stay clear of all drugs! There is more to life than putting poison in your system. I ask this as a fellow musician. Turn to your instrument for a high, music is the only high. Not preaching just telling the truth. Can you handle the truth?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
08 Apr 2015 09:58 - 08 Apr 2015 10:14 #200503 by Disgustipater
Replied by Disgustipater on topic The God Drug
Comedian Pete Holmes has a podcast called "You Made It Weird" and a recent one had comedian Shane Mauss on. The whole second half of the show is about his experiences with DMT. He's done it about 30 times, and goes into quite a bit of detail, a lot being what he experienced. It was very interesting and got me wondering about it.

Not related to DMT, but the first half of the show is definitely worth listening to as well. He tells a story about a gig that is completely bonkers and hilarious.

youmadeitweird.libsyn.com/shane-mauss-returns
Last edit: 08 Apr 2015 10:14 by Disgustipater.

More
08 Apr 2015 10:13 #200504 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic The God Drug
While I tend to agree with Mr. Weeks, I don't judge people on what they do, primarily because I am way too big a cunt to know what's best for other people, and I know that.

More
08 Apr 2015 10:17 - 08 Apr 2015 10:22 #200505 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic The God Drug

The Lone Voice wrote: Don't Do it! Stay clear of all drugs! There is more to life than putting poison in your system. I ask this as a fellow musician. Turn to your instrument for a high, music is the only high. Not preaching just telling the truth. Can you handle the truth?

You are right of course, but there's no accounting for curiosity in some cases. If I go through with this I'll be doing pretty much everything that the Duke lays out up above. It was all in our original plan actually and both of us are researching before we do anything at all. We're both qualified first aid attendants too. But I am taking your advice seriously none the less. Don't be afraid to preach though, I like your voice so I can handle it. Funny enough I got the idea form a musician originally (of course, musicians are the worst for this shit, very flighty for some reason)... Sturgill Simpson in his wonderful song "Turtles all the Way Down".

I had heard of it before but this song and an interview with him that I read later on started this research which has lead to this moment here. It may go no further.

For those who don't know DMT only lasts about 5-20 minutes. It is probably created in our brains, in the pineal gland and it may be the drug that is released in our bodies when we die.. it is theorized to be what causes near death experiences (there is decent science behind this part of it but it's still just theory from what I've read). Tribes have used it for shamanic rituals that allow them to speak with inter-dimensional beings. The original researcher, Richard Strassman even went so far as to say it was the beginning of the soul. Obviously that's going too far but the experience was such that that's what he thought. How can that not make you curious?

But DMT can be brutal so some reservations still exist. I don't like jumping into things like this too quickly. Everything I've read points to it being a one time only sort of drug. Which is fine with me.

I have done mushrooms and acid before... a total of 5 times all together I think. I wasn't much of a fan because they both last too long.. way too long. But DMT is over with quickly, however it's supposed to be much more powerful and it screws with your ability to perceive time.. so it may still seem way too long even if it's over with quickly. This part scares me a little bit.

Funny enough I've asked this question in a few different places and one of them was in the BGG RSP section. Another sign that this place is cool is that over there it's devolved into some silly argument about the point of drugs and usual members bickering with each other, here people are quickly giving their opinion and doing so without any debate really. I appreciate that and will take all opinions seriously up until the moment we bite (or don't) the bullet on this thing. I know where to get some from a source that I trust.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2015 10:22 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Pugnax555

More
08 Apr 2015 10:31 #200506 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic The God Drug
Here's an article on the use of mushrooms with terminal cancer patients. I find this fascinating.

www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/02/09/trip-treatment

One of the researchers was quoted as saying that, under the influence of the hallucinogen, “individuals transcend their primary identification with their bodies and experience ego-free states . . . and return with a new perspective and profound acceptance.” Patrick had never taken a psychedelic drug, but he immediately wanted to volunteer. Lisa was against the idea. “I didn’t want there to be an easy way out,” she recently told me. “I wanted him to fight.”

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds