October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

The God Drug

More
09 Apr 2015 15:22 #200591 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic The God Drug
Ha. I thought I was the only one who remembered The Lycaeum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2015 00:22 #200607 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic The God Drug

Mad Dog wrote: Jon Jacob, a lot has been said about the mental effect. What is the physical effect? How mobile will you be? Will your friend stop you if you try to leave?

People generally don't move around very much if at all. If they do you should leave them alone unless they are in danger. Kind of like sleepwalking. Mostly you just want to keep the person in the recovery position (3/4 prone) in case of any vomiting. It's possible we will actually have two sitters now as there is a third close friend who is interested. Luckily we're all very close and have known each other for decades.

This is exciting but probably still a few months away. At this point it's mostly a pseudo spiritual thing but the other two guys are atheists and sceptics... I'm a skeptical theist so all of us kind of see this as something that is pretty much purely brain chemistry but I think we're also all willing to try and learn from it anyway. I'm the flightiest of us all. But just because you don't think these types of experiences are completely real or spiritual doesn't mean you can't still gain insight into the nature of your existence by taking a voyage like this. Especially if you're with close friends and you can all analyze and discuss it afterwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Frohike, Colorcrayons, Pugnax555

More
11 Apr 2015 14:29 #200659 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic The God Drug
Shit like this drug makes me think that one day they'll have the chemistry down so well that you'll be able to take a pill and bang two supermodels. Or take another pill and go on a trip to Mars as a secret agent. Probably not in my lifetime though.

More
11 Apr 2015 16:14 #200662 by Pugnax555
Replied by Pugnax555 on topic The God Drug
Mad Dog, have you considered trying crack? I hear from a reliable source that it's great and it gets you really high.

More
11 Apr 2015 16:46 #200663 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic The God Drug

Pugnax555 wrote: Mad Dog, have you considered trying crack?

Huh? I'm not even trying DMT. Are you on crack?

More
11 Apr 2015 18:53 #200668 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic The God Drug
Vancouver, for those of you who don't know, has the worst drug problem in all of N. America... well, one neighbourhood specifically, not the whole city. The cross roads of Main and Hastings are particularly bad. Tourists troll the alley ways just to snap a photo of some junkie injecting heroin of smoking crack... It's really horrible in almost every way imaginable.

I play some gigs right near that area on occasion so I end up taking buses right at those cross streets.

So this one time I'm waiting for my bus and this super sketchy dude approaches me... just know that junkies aren't really dangerous, they just seem that way. Teenagers, in my experience, are much more dangerous. He comes up to me and says: "you want to buy some crack?"

I tell him no thanks and try not to look at him. A couple of minutes go by and he turns to me again: "Hey man" he says, "want to buy some crack?" So again I tell him "No thanks man, I'm good." He sits there shuffling his feet and looking at the pile of cassette tapes he has (this wasn't very long ago so the tapes were a weird item to have). A few more minutes go by and he approaches me a third time: "Hey man, you want some crack?" I consider telling him to fuck off and leave me alone but decide against it and instead say: "No thanks, I'm fine.." a few more minutes go by and again... "hey man, you want some crack?"

I wish there was a punch line to this. Eventually I got on the bus and went home. He may have asked me a few more times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
11 Apr 2015 21:06 #200670 by Colorcrayons
Replied by Colorcrayons on topic The God Drug

Jackwraith wrote: Ha. I thought I was the only one who remembered The Lycaeum.

Hyperreal used to be a very good resource as well. I miss those days when the Internet was actually quite free. These sites are a shadow of their former selves, especially since they predate the Internet Archive and we have no way of glimpsing this period of time.

More
12 Apr 2015 07:40 #200680 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic The God Drug

Mad Dog wrote: Shit like this drug makes me think that one day they'll have the chemistry down so well that you'll be able to take a pill and bang two supermodels. Or take another pill and go on a trip to Mars as a secret agent. Probably not in my lifetime though.

I think that is technically possible right now, but the supermodels have to take the pills first. #cosby #toosoon?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Hex Sinister, stormseeker75, OldHippy, Disgustipater

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds