October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Glenn Frey RIP

More
21 Jan 2016 17:44 #220441 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Glenn Frey RIP

Black Barney wrote: Since when did Southernman become a better troll than me :(

He's always been better, he just doesn't post nearly as often. You've got him beat on volume.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2016 13:43 - 23 Jan 2016 08:26 #220619 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Glenn Frey RIP

lala wrote:

Southernman wrote:

lala wrote: Until I read this thread I had no idea who Glenn Frey was.

Doesn't matter since you don't feel sad for people dying anyway, tough having a job that removes most of your compassion.

Many people die every day, every hour, every minute, every second. It would be pretty messed up if I wallowed in that, I mean a large number of people live and die in squalour and poverty every second and I don't get a strong feeling that you, me or anyone else is really giving it 100% in trying to make that problem go away so much. I definitely feel sad when people I personally know and care about die. I work in cancer treatment so I see the real face of death up close every fucking day thanks, and its my job to try and stop as many of those from dying as I personally can, and still I get to see children every week who wont be seeing many more birthdays. So spare me your fucking bollocks thanks because I dont really feel like a 70 year old rock god who lived a life of excess and awesomeness and was well rewarded for it, finally succumbs to an illness after living to 70, whether or not I liked his music or whether the music itself had an effect on me.

And that has fuck all to do with the fact that until this thread was posted I had no fucking idea who Glenn Fry was, so no, I didnt feel sad then, but now I know hes a guy from the Eagles, I can also confirm that I dont feel a fucking thing either, but who cares, I was mostly somewhat interested that actually an extremely well known band featured people in it that I wouldnt know by name or face. I guess Im not one of the cool kids.

But no, not sad at all. Actually pretty happy that today I single handedly increased the chance of a 15 year old kid surviving a traumatic total body irradiation treatment by keeping our treatment machine up and running while the service engineers were abroad.

I know all this dickhead 'cos you posted the same 'look at me, I work with dying children' post when you had a go at people feeling sad when David Bowie died. You looked like a cunt to me then and nothing has changed. Not our fault you chose a (extremely worthwhile) job that sucks feeling out of you, but don't expect a round of applause outing yourself everytime you want to raise yourself above others.
Last edit: 23 Jan 2016 08:26 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, ChristopherMD, Black Barney

More
22 Jan 2016 14:25 - 22 Jan 2016 14:25 #220621 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Glenn Frey RIP
C'mon guys, Take it Easy.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2016 14:25 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Sagrilarus

More
22 Jan 2016 14:30 #220622 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Glenn Frey RIP
Mmmm. I once had a shag with a Russian bird and The Eagles were playing in the background. She was pretty drunk, as I was, and maybe throwing up at the time. I can't really remember.

I remember it was in Kiev though. It was very romantic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Columbob

More
23 Jan 2016 08:48 #220659 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Glenn Frey RIP

ThirstyMan wrote: Mmmm. I once had a shag with a Russian bird and The Eagles were playing in the background. She was pretty drunk, as I was, and maybe throwing up at the time. I can't really remember.

David Bowie: music to survive adolescence by

The Eagles: music for doing it while you're throwing up
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Black Barney, Not Sure, ThirstyMan

More
23 Jan 2016 15:12 #220678 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Glenn Frey RIP

craniac wrote:

ThirstyMan wrote: Mmmm. I once had a shag with a Russian bird and The Eagles were playing in the background. She was pretty drunk, as I was, and maybe throwing up at the time. I can't really remember.

David Bowie: music to survive adolescence by

The Eagles: music for doing it while you're throwing up

Or for throwing up while you're doing it, depending on how the songs are ordered.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds