October 09, 2023
2458 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Let's Talk Heroscape

More
29 Nov 2013 11:15 - 29 Nov 2013 11:16 #166357 by SuperflyPete

drewcula wrote:

Jeff White wrote:
Also, what's the rule for trees if I get some on my own? an extra defense die? block line of site?

Trees both block line of sight, and provide an extra defense die from normal ranged attacks. I can't recall, but the bonus only applies to small, medium, and large (?) characters. Either that, or it's determined by the height of the tree/bush.

Forest trees only block line of sight. Palm tress and bushes provide +1 on defense for S/M/L characters when attacked at range.

Auggie's has Forest trees for fairly cheap, and you should just drill a small hole in a 1-tile base and get aquarium plants for 6$ a bag to make Ticalla bushes. Shit's ridiculously expensive. I gave all mine away a year or two ago when I bought 10 sets on clearance and now each set of spiders alone goes for 30$

WANKER.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2013 11:16 by SuperflyPete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2013 12:51 #166362 by flim_flam
Replied by flim_flam on topic Re: Let's Talk Heroscape

repoman wrote: Hey Sag,

I'm thinking of maybe trying to run a Heroscape Tourney at ConnCon this March. You've been to game day/tourneys for this game before. Can you offer any insight on what you liked or didn't like. What format seemed best. Did they use the fan created units off of Heroscapers web page?

Yes, DO WANT!

More
29 Nov 2013 13:06 #166365 by MattFantastic

I'm thinking of maybe trying to run a Heroscape Tourney at ConnCon this March. You've been to game day/tourneys for this game before. Can you offer any insight on what you liked or didn't like. What format seemed best. Did they use the fan created units off of Heroscapers web page?

I helped my friend Steve run it for a couple years a while back (and I think maybe I was in charge one year? Or maybe I ran a tourny at some other con, I have memories of running at least one all by myself). You're going to need to hit up prob at least me and Josh to get you enough stuff to do it decently. It always drew alright, but that was before we really started pushing to get more of the Fort people there who I imagine will be more interested.

More
29 Nov 2013 15:03 #166374 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: Let's Talk Heroscape
Well, duh. I of course assumed control of all yours and Josh's stuff by divine right...or something.

More
29 Nov 2013 16:23 #166380 by madwookiee
Replied by madwookiee on topic Re: Let's Talk Heroscape

I've done Heroscape tourneys for years. A few years ago, we did a whole weekend event in conjunction with a local 40K mini-con called Mechanicon. It was a blast. We varied formats over the weekend - four events from Friday to Sunday. The event thread is at heroscapers here .

The big thing for running an event is being organized. Make sure you know how you're pairing people and have a system for making sure that people don't get put on the same map multiple times if it can be avoided. Also, make sure that you have a good list of maps that use all kinds of terrain, or if you're going to leave terrain off, make sure that folks know that in advance.

I, personally, avoid customs for my events, because we do occasionally have people that show up who aren't a part of heroscapers, and I don't want to introduce confusion if that happens. For a con, I'd definitely avoid them - but that's me, and others may make a different determination.

If you decide to do it, I can offer map advice if you need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds