October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

GORECHOSEN

More
23 Oct 2016 10:44 #236723 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic GORECHOSEN
This does seem like the kind of game that could really benefit from a good home brew community. Possibly a website to make card production easy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2016 14:28 #237135 by Colorcrayons
Replied by Colorcrayons on topic GORECHOSEN
I'm home sick today with some kind of shitty respiratory bug, so the following could be attributed to a fever dream.

But I have nearly every monster for Monsterpocalypse. My love for kaiju is strong. And I'm deathly afraid that the kids will break my bloodbound gw minis.

I'm thinking this could be easily rethemed into a kaiju fighting game...

Use toxic waste instead of pits. Or the pointed buildings (empire state, statue of liberty, etc.) to impale a kaiju on.

I've already rethemed krosmaster arena for this purpose, but it never gets played. Its weight isn't light enough for pickup games. But gorechosen is a good candidate for a kaiju arena engine. Light enough to drink during, but still satisfying.

Gorechosen will never be a 10 for me, but it is one of the better ameritrash games produced, and definitely the best ameritrash gw has ever produced. Including space hulk (which is a bit euro, but only ever so slightly). Giving it a better theme would raise its rating though. Maybe to 9 on a solid 8 game.

More
28 Oct 2016 14:45 #237137 by Columbob
Replied by Columbob on topic GORECHOSEN

Colorcrayons wrote: But I have nearly every monster for Monsterpocalypse. My love for kaiju is strong. And I'm deathly afraid that the kids will break my bloodbound gw minis.

Hah! I thought you were drawing a metaphor between your kids breaking GW minis and Kaiju swathes of destruction.

More
28 Oct 2016 15:22 #237141 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic GORECHOSEN

Colorcrayons wrote: I'm thinking this could be easily rethemed into a kaiju fighting game...

Use toxic waste instead of pits. Or the pointed buildings (empire state, statue of liberty, etc.) to impale a kaiju on.

Oh man, a King of the Monsters (Neo Geo fighting/wrestling game) retheme would be great. In each stage the ring was a roped off (with electrical beams that acted like ring ropes) section of the city and, in addition to destroying buildings and landmarks, you could pick up vehicles and chuck them at your opponent. The music was great and my favorite character was Astro Guy, who looked like a doofy cross between Captain America and Ultraman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
28 Oct 2016 15:36 #237143 by Colorcrayons
Replied by Colorcrayons on topic GORECHOSEN
I like that electrical rationale idea for when kaiju get pushed out of bounds of the arena. It could also be buildings, high voltage electrical wire, or maybe even military using tanks and copters to herd the kaiju back into the arena that cause the D3 wounds.

Change wrath to Rage. Maybe make 2 more character rules so that each monpoc faction can have a representative.
The map will take some time, as I need to reformat to hex instead of squares, but otherwise I think this is a fairly cinch Photoshop retheme.

More
28 Oct 2016 16:21 #237153 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic GORECHOSEN
Cool! I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with. I bought a couple of kaiju miniature rules systems a while back and bought a 2" Captain America mini from a dollar store with the intention to convert it into an Astro Guy but I never got around to it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds