Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Buy your army to crush your enemies.

TOPIC: Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar

Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar 08 Jun 2017 12:39 #249623

Aw shucks guys, a lot of that stuff isn't even painted all the way! But thanks so much, very encouraging.

I need to do the verdigris on the copper roofs, I've got to do some gold detailing to pop out some of the details, have to finish all of the walls and gates...

The Wight King and Wraith irked me (as well as the Tomb Banshee) because they are older figures and they have those old style bases where they have texture AND part of the model on them. So to put the Wight King on a round base, I'd have to make him a foot. Ugh. So I just did those all square.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • Thank you received: 5463
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar 09 Jun 2017 12:28 #249672

Thanks Barnes, now I have to buy the graveyard set.
  • fastbilly1
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 73

Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar 09 Jun 2017 12:49 #249674

It's awesome, man. It's really a lot of pieces and it covers a big area if you do it right. I just added the Citadel Wood and the two monoliths to that board, it's 4x4, and it felt like there was plenty. You can also stick this stuff up on a hill or something too. It's about $68-$70 most places, which is really a good value for what you get in it.

Painting (at least like what I did) is pretty simple, I just followed the vague guidelines on the box. Assembly took about 45 minutes.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank

Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar 09 Jun 2017 13:17 #249678

For whatever reason it never clicked to me that the set was the Garden from Vermintide. Those Skull double gates are what sold me.
  • fastbilly1
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 73

Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar 09 Jun 2017 13:55 #249681

Yeah, it's TWO of the old Garden of Morr sets...which were used to model that area in Vermintide, I guess. GW decided to pile two sets of sprues in one box and sell it at LESS than the price of two of the old kits...which is unusual! Kind of a "reverse Land Raider" thing.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds